Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

Including the money recieved for Barton, we've spent 21m net so far. But that doesn't including the fee for Corluka, which is undisclosed (Either 4 or 8.). There's probably going to be another 5 point something disappearing for Bojinov sometime soon. Somewhere in the low 30s now.  :kasper:

obviously its svens many contacts unearthing alot of these players but least they are getting them in quickly shows how the new board/backers have settled in or maybe its just blind faith in the manager.

Or...he's been playing Football Manager to fill the time. I've only heard of two of the players he's signed so far but everyone keeps saying how good they are on FM  ???

They've just confirmed the £8m signing of Elano. Corluka's fee is alledgedly £8.75m! Now spent £29m in just over 2 weeks.

They haven't wasted too much of it either. They've definitely bought some excellent players for reasonable fees... >:(

Including the money recieved for Barton, we've spent 21m net so far. But that doesn't including the fee for Corluka, which is undisclosed (Either 4 or 8.). There's probably going to be another 5 point something disappearing for Bojinov sometime soon. Somewhere in the low 30s now.  :kasper:

obviously its svens many contacts unearthing alot of these players but least they are getting them in quickly shows how the new board/backers have settled in or maybe its just blind faith in the manager.

Or...he's been playing Football Manager to fill the time. I've only heard of two of the players he's signed so far but everyone keeps saying how good they are on FM  ???

You'll be signing Luka Modric next.

obviously the only concern should be will they actually suit the prem sven has worked with english prem players but not managed in the league lets hope he is making the right choices as it seems they obviously have money to throw about. Doc how much you recon city will go on to spend out of interest??

Doc how much you recon city will go on to spend out of interest??

Haven't got a fucking clue. I'm sure Sven will be asked if there are more on the way at the press conference for these guys. He's canny as owt but he should say if there are more or not. I'd guess not but there's a month left, who knows.

33/1 for City to finish 5th, and 8/1 to finish 6th. That has got to be worth a few quid.

If you're a betting man, get on the Handicaps. City to win the league at +40 or something like that. Buying money.

Could also get 1/2 on us to finish above Birmingham  :idiot2:

Doc how much you recon city will go on to spend out of interest??

Haven't got a fucking clue. I'm sure Sven will be asked if there are more on the way at the press conference for these guys. He's canny as owt but he should say if there are more or not. I'd guess not but there's a month left, who knows.

33/1 for City to finish 5th, and 8/1 to finish 6th. That has got to be worth a few quid.

If you're a betting man, get on the Handicaps. City to win the league at +40 or something like that. Buying money.

Could also get 1/2 on us to finish above Birmingham  :idiot2:

really comes down to sven i suppose as the new owner obviously wants to be the silent type in all this much like we are experienceing. Media silence obviously makes the jerno's nervous so they will no doubt be reports of 50-60m available. There doesnt seem to be any signs city are slowing down though.

Frank isn't the silent type. He's a populist. Been giving interviews today. The papers have been generally full of shit tho so its hard to know whats what. Two reasons. 1) Sven thinks theyre all cunts and wont give em owt to work with. 2) We're buying from abroad, miles away from all the papers sources. Pretty hard to string rumours together from that.

Guest Triglett

Where will Elano play? And I notice Corradi's doing well in pre-season...any chance of him grabbing a starting berth?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastles spending if drago, cacapa and smith go through will equate to something around 4-5million quid

So we will have signed

Viduka

Roz

Barton

Geremi

Smith

Drago

Cacapa

for 5million quid

If as expected these players do sign i will be ecstatic about our summers work, far more than i would have been if we had done a Man City or West Ham!

Where will Elano play? And I notice Corradi's doing well in pre-season...any chance of him grabbing a starting berth?

Well, we don't have anyone on the right hand side, and when I saw him for Brazil he played on the right, so there is my guess.

Corradi might have scored a few but we've not played owt decent, he' still shite.

City are going to ahve an excellent season I reckon

So do I.  Just had a punt on them finishing in the top 6, but not at Tottenham's expense I hope!

Our team is shaping up a little like this:

Isaksson

Richards Corluka Dunne Ball

Elano Johnson Fernandes Petrov

Bianchi Bojinov(?)

Hart, Onuoha, Garrido, Ireland, Mpenza

Which looks pretty good on paper. But there's so much new blood, I think we're going to start slowly. Can't see us cracking the top 6.

Well, we don't have anyone on the right hand side, and when I saw him for Brazil he played on the right, so there is my guess.

Corradi might have scored a few but we've not played owt decent, he' still shite.

So do I.  Just had a punt on them finishing in the top 6, but not at Tottenham's expense I hope!

Isaksson

Bianchi Bojinov(?)

Which looks pretty good on paper. But there's so much new blood, I think we're going to start slowly. Can't see us cracking the top 6.

Yes you've signed Elano as I predicted yesterday.

Apology in post? :laugh2:

I agree. It looks quite nice (if what I've heard about the new players is true) but 5 out of the 6 midfielders and strikers have never played in this league before. I predict all the papers to be running 'Sven Out' stories by the end of October, and you to end up finishing approximately 8th.

Newcastles spending if drago, cacapa and smith go through will equate to something around 4-5million quid

So we will have signed

Viduka

Roz

Barton

Geremi

Smith

Drago

Cacapa

for 5million quid

If as expected these players do sign i will be ecstatic about our summers work, far more than i would have been if we had done a Man City or West Ham!

Id we can add Faye & Diop for under £5m then its been a good spending spree.

£10m in total.  :lol: You can only laugh at Souness even more.

Guest Triglett

So we will have signed

Viduka

Roz

Barton

Geremi

Smith

Drago

Cacapa

for 5million quid

Am I missing something here? £6m for Smith, £2m for Rozenhal, £6m for Barton?

Corradi might have scored a few but we've not played owt decent, he' still s****.

Isaksson

Bianchi Bojinov(?)

In our first season under the new regime we brought in a load of new faces and we lost Santini half way through as well.  In spite of that, we only missed out on Europe on the final day of the season.  You have a better manager, he has the 'name' to attract quality players to the club even if nothing yet has been achieved.  Allardyce said that he was missing out on players because he couldn't offer European football but SGE's name is getting City past that obstacle (or so it seems).

I think you'll finish somewhere between 6th-8th but still well worth the punt imo.

So we will have signed

Viduka

Roz

Barton

Geremi

Smith

Drago

Cacapa

for 5million quid

Am I missing something here? £6m for Smith, £2m for Rozenhal, £6m for Barton?

£14m for Parker & Dyer.

So we will have signed

Viduka

Roz

Barton

Geremi

Smith

Drago

Cacapa

for 5million quid

Only if we finish ahead of those two sides. And West Ham have only spent around £7m net themselves (including the Dyer deal).