Been offered Deco and enquired about Eto'o...according to The Journal.

Guest DavB93

Guest AceDeuce

everyone who says no to etoo or deco is:

a. stupid

b. a fool

c. a clown

d. has no knowledge of football

e. mackem

f. Ucker

g. Ay

:angel:

Why would they not come here??

No european football. 

No track record of success. North of England. Other options. Something of a step-down from Barcelona. We still don't have a left-back.

"North of England"  -  Very bizarre thing to say.  What are YOU ashamed of?

Guest Verlaine

No european football. 

No track record of success. North of England. Other options. Something of a step-down from Barcelona. We still don't have a left-back.

I'm just pointing out that, to pampered global superstar footballers, the far North of England isn't necessarily the most attractive of destinations.

Guest alex

No european football. 

Verlaine's a southern softie anyway. He has a point though. I love the Toon but I realise it isn't that attractive an option to your average foreigner.

No european football. 

I'm just pointing out that, to pampered global superstar footballers, the far North of England isn't necessarily the most attractive of destinations.

They're also not daft and know foreign players like Ginola & Asprilla have lived up here no bother.

Guest Verlaine

No european football. 

They're also not daft and know foreign players like Ginola & Asprilla have lived up here no bother.

This would be when we were one of the most exciting sides in Europe, playing in the Champions' League?

Guest Verlaine

No european football. 

Verlaine's a southern softie anyway. He has a point though. I love the Toon but I realise it isn't that attractive an option to your average foreigner.

I'll be on a higher latitude than you soon. Watch it.

No european football. 

The "far" North of England, implies that there is somewhere ("the place") to be 'far' from.  Your words indicate a massive sense of inferiority.

England is a great place for footballers, and it is a very small place (nowhere is very 'far' from any where else). The main place foreigners have heard of is London, but they also hear (from many people) that it is a sh*thole.

The big cities of England - particularly the Regional Capitals, are known as fantastic places to be, even if us in the UK itself, having suffered from lifelong BRAINWASHING from the London-based media ("London-based", you see. They can't help it) tend not to think of our big regional capitals as great places  -  though they ARE!

Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, etc, etc, are great city-regions.

ADD TO THAT, if they have a big football club!!!!!

Regional Capital City + Newcastle United FC  -  is a great international attraction.

That is how it is, even if the incessant 'brainwashing' from our Cockney-based media ALWAYS implies (clearly or subliminally) otherwise!  

Both are a massive improvement on what we have so would take them in a shot, however, I see it very unlikely with either of them.

Though if we got this kind of money surely we can find a better left back that Quadratic or whatever his name is!

No european football. 

So, so, so wrong. See my response to Verlaine.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Big Sam knows what he is doing,  Deco can be truley world class on his day.  I think he will be a cracking signing. Hopfully it will resign Dyer to the bench or better still  out of the club

Guest Verlaine

No european football. 

The "far" North of England, implies that there is somewhere ("the place") to be 'far' from.  Your words indicate a massive sense of inferiority.

England is a great place for footballers, and it is a very small place (nowhere is very 'far' from any where else). The main place foreigners have heard of is London, but they also hear (from many people) that it is a sh*thole.

The big cities of England - particularly the Regional Capitals, are known as fantastic places to be, even if us in the UK itself (having suffered from lifelong BRAINWASHING from the London-based media ("London-based, you see) tend not to think of our big regional capitals as great places  -  though they ARE!

Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, etc, etc, are great city-regions.

Regional Capital City + Newcastle United FC  -  is a great international attraction.

That is how it is, even if the incessant 'brainwashing' from our Cockney-based media ALWAYS implies (clearly or subliminally) otherwise!  

Birmingham and Glasgow are fucking shite. I don't have any sense of inferiority whatsoever. I think my point was a very reasonable one. There is a difference between the North and places like London, you can't argue with that. It's all well and good to love where you live, and I commend that. However, you're talking about players who grew up in Brazil, spent 20 years in Portugal or Spain, moving to somewhere with an entirely entirely different culture and climate.

Big Sam knows what he is doing,   Deco can be truley world class on his day.  I think he will be a cracking signing. Hopfully it will resign Dyer to the bench or better still  out of the club

Deco would be fighting for his place with Emre, wouldn't he?

Guest Verlaine

No european football. 

Blind predjudice, tbh.

Guest alex

No european football. 

I'm not wrong though.

www.nufc.com

A story which broke on Sunday in the News of the World concerning our interest in Deco (pictured) of Barcelona appears to have moved on quickly, Monday bringing claims from credible sources that the player is expected on Tyneside for a medical this week.

Spanish newspapers reported last month that the 29 year-old Brazilian-born Portuguese international midfielder was on a list of players who had been declared surplus to requirements at the Nou Camp.

I've said a few times on here I'm not a fan of that site, but they normally do get it spot on when it comes to transfers.

No european football. 

The big cities of England - particularly the Regional Capitals, are known as fantastic places to be, even if us in the UK itself (having suffered from lifelong BRAINWASHING from the London-based media ("London-based, you see) tend not to think of our big regional capitals as great places  -  though they ARE!

Birmingham and Glasgow are f****** s****. I don't have any sense of inferiority whatsoever. I think my point was a very reasonable one. There is a difference between the North and places like London, you can't argue with that. It's all well and good to love where you live, and I commend that. However, you're talking about players who grew up in Brazil, spent 20 years in Portugal or Spain, moving to somewhere with an entirely entirely different culture and climate.

Glasgow and Birmingham are good cities in which to live and to visit.

It is "parochial" in the extreme to say where you live is good - just because you live there. (I lived in Hartlepool for a while you know!!).

The difference between "The North" (what is that, by the way? - there are lots of wildly varying Cities, Towns, Villages and Countryside in "the North") and ""places like London"  -  what does that mean?  Are they good differences? (of course, many of them are) or what?  What do you mean by "places like London"?.

You do seem to have a huge inferiority complex!

No european football. 

I'm not wrong though.

You appear brainwashed.

It is not possible to think and say what you think and say, without that having happened to you - throughout your life.

Think about it.

Guest alex

No european football. 

I'm not wrong though.

You appear brainwashed.

It is not possible to think and say what you think and say, without that having happened to you - throughout your life.

Think about it.

I have. Cheers :)