Been offered Deco and enquired about Eto'o...according to The Journal.

Guest DavB93

Glad were looking at these huge names, but i'd of preferred us looking at huge names at the back.

Zambrotta & Nesta would have a greater effect on the club rather than Deco & Eto'o, and for less.

Now that's what I call a gracious apology from Verlaine there :lol:

It's difficult for him as he's got a large chunk of humble pie lodged in his throat at the moment. I'll be expecting more from him after he's swallowed it.

:razz:

This Eto'o stuff is ridiculous.

Yeah, I agree but the Deco stuff certainly isn't.

I wonder if this means that we have been discussing Deco with Barcelona all along and therefore what does this mean regarding Edmilson and Gudjohnsen? Was there really ever any interest I wonder?

We will not sign Deco this year unless we make a mental offer to player and club.

I wonder if this means that we have been discussing Deco with Barcelona all along and therefore what does this mean regarding Edmilson and Gudjohnsen? Was there really ever any interest I wonder?

Gudjohnsen.

Guest Ridzuan

Glad were looking at these huge names, but i'd of preferred us looking at huge names at the back.

Zambrotta & Nesta would have a greater effect on the club rather than Deco & Eto'o, and for less.

We should go for Cannavaro as well.

Guest alex

I know where you're coming from but I think it's the other way in terms of which players would have a greater impact.

Just been talking to my Spanish friend, a huge Barcelona fan, about all this. He said "please don't buy Raul, I need him at Madrid!". He also said he wants Edmilson out of the club and hopes that one is true. He's not bothered about Gudjohnsen leaving either, which is understandable given all the strikers they have. He's very surprised at the Deco rumours but having seen the links he thinks it's possible. He wears Deco on the back of his shirt and would not be happy if he leaves, but could handle it if Lampard came in. He also believes Deco is "too good" not to adapt to England.

The Eto'o rumours are clearly bollocks. I hope the Raul ones are too. However Deco seems very believable as nufc.com rarely quote their 'sources' and then go on to be wrong. This would also explain why Allardyce disappeared from the training camp in Austria all day yesterday.

I think Deco would be a fantastic signing, a world class creative midfielder to provide bullets for our forwards and pull the strings in midfield. He's the type of signing I've been talking about, someone to take us to another level. I still believe we need a top defender if we're going to go anywhere, so I hope Allardyce has plans for that area. If we can get Deco on board, attracting a top defender would become far more possible, if indeed the money is there to buy one.

Too old & too small.  O0

Point being though, we need to sort out the defense 1st, even Bridge/Baines/Shorey/Riise/Heinze & Naldo/Luisao/Davies would be a great start.

from NUFC.com

Deco deal done?

A story which broke on Sunday in the News of the World concerning our interest in Deco (pictured) of Barcelona appears to have moved on quickly, Monday bringing claims from credible sources that the player is expected on Tyneside for a medical this week.

Spanish newspapers reported last month that the 29 year-old Brazilian-born Portuguese international midfielder was on a list of players who had been declared surplus to requirements at the Nou Camp.

Too old & too small.  O0

Point being though, we need to sort out the defense 1st, even Bridge/Baines/Shorey/Riise/Heinze & Naldo/Luisao/Davies would be a great start.

Do you really think if we signed Deco it would mean we wouldn't be signing defenders either though? Big Sam's not daft, he'll know what he needs, but at the same time, if the opportunity to sign someone like Deco comes along and we can afford it, it would be daft to not sign him.

I know where you're coming from but I think it's the other way in terms of which players would have a greater impact.

If we had a balanced team then aye, your right, goals win you games, clean sheets earn you points. But were bare at the back, and a couple of semi to big name signings would spark this team into life, and clean sheets is something you can build on. Both would be great like, but right now we should concentrate on defenders, but maybe the Deco thing is a now or never and we've got to go for him so Barca go for Lampard.

Guest MagicNumber9

Think we should make a sly bid for Messi too since we seem to be lingering around the Nou Camp....

from NUFC.com

Deco deal done?

A story which broke on Sunday in the News of the World concerning our interest in Deco (pictured) of Barcelona appears to have moved on quickly, Monday bringing claims from credible sources that the player is expected on Tyneside for a medical this week.

Spanish newspapers reported last month that the 29 year-old Brazilian-born Portuguese international midfielder was on a list of players who had been declared surplus to requirements at the Nou Camp.

Rubbish.

On the one hand i understand the to old etc but just think.  Palyers see people like deco and owen joining our club and think i might have a bit of that.  Plus nobody knows the fee yet!

Guest Ridzuan

Think we should make a sly bid for Messi too since we seem to be lingering around the Nou Camp....

And Ronaldinho too.

Too old & too small.  O0

Do you really think if we signed Deco it would mean we wouldn't be signing defenders either though? Big Sam's not daft, he'll know what he needs, but at the same time, if the opportunity to sign someone like Deco comes along and we can afford it, it would be daft to not sign him.

I don't know. Were getting linked to expensive attacking mids, and even strikers (which currently we don't need) but then linked with Beye and cheap alternatives at the back, it just isn't balanced for my liking. My 1st thoughts were that SA was getting in the cheap signings 1st, they'll be rotation, then bring in the big names, but nothing seems to be happening back there, and am desperate to put my mind at ease with a back four of strength and quality for next season. We seriously need a LB.

Guest Verlaine

That wasn't an apology, because it hasn't happened yet! I'll be demanding an apology from Kaka if it doesn't.  :razz:

That wasn't an apology, because it hasn't happened yet! I'll be demanding an apology from Kaka if it doesn't.  :razz:

I'm saving my apologies for Deco. ;)

Guest Verlaine

It's difficult for him as he's got a large chunk of humble pie lodged in his throat at the moment. I'll be expecting more from him after he's swallowed it.

:razz:

Keep up the smugness and you can f****** whistle for it, sunshine.

:coolsmiley:

Guest Verlaine

We will not sign Deco this year unless we make a mental offer to player and club.

Is that like a verbal agreement, only using telepathy?

from NUFC.com

Deco deal done?

Rubbish.

Deco ain't got nothing on Laryea Kingston right?

Is that like a verbal agreement, only using telepathy?

:lol: