Been offered Deco and enquired about Eto'o...according to The Journal.

Guest DavB93

Just want to say i would still rather have Riquelme who scored 2 and was brilliant in Argies 4-0 win last night.

me too actually

as for deco and eto'o, i seriously doubt they'd ever come, even if barca would be willing to let them go...

Our club has changed greatly in the last few months. It was always 'capable' of being very big, now more so even  -  people can see that.

Why would they not come here??

I think the reason that they wouldnt come here is because if they are available clubs in the champs league and challenging for their league would bid for them.

However i think Riquelme would come here.

Guest Verlaine

£23 million...that's alot more than I would of thought.

For the best striker in the world (possibly) at his peak?

You rate Deco that highly, eh?

No european football. 

For one year. These players we've been linked with have been playing in Europe for years, and if they were to join, it would be because they want to join a different league, not about another 10 or so games in Europe.

Guest Verlaine

No european football. 

No track record of success. North of England. Other options. Something of a step-down from Barcelona. We still don't have a left-back.

Guest Ebolarama

This thread provided some much needed Monday laughter.

Eto'o? Nah mate, wouldn't take him. Wooden, bit of a temper.  ;D

I think the reason that they wouldnt come here is because if they are available clubs in the champs league and challenging for their league would bid for them.

Not all players (especially knowledgeable, senior players) are as 'tunnel vision' as some on here (often, very often) seem to say!  Many would choose us over a small or smaller club that 'just happened' to be in Europe (even if it was the Champions League) this particular season.

The number of times I have read "they are looking for CL football", or something like that, on here. It is not as simple as that. They can see what is going on here (Huge club, loadsa money (our own earned income from huge fanbase) + Allardyce and players he is buying, plus MORE loadsa money since Ashley arrived, etc, etc . . . )

I think any good player would come here, if the timing was right for him.

Guest Bramble OG

Both already have champions league winners medals, whats a year or two out of it going to matter :)

Guest Verlaine

Not all players (especially knowledgeable, senior players) are as 'tunnel vision' as some on here (often, very often) seem to say!  Many would choose us over a small or smaller club that 'just happened' to be in Europe (even if it was the Champions League) this particular season.

The number of times I have read "they are looking for CL football", or something like that, on here. It is not as simple as that. They can see what is going on here (Huge club, loadsa money (our own earned income from huge fanbase) + Allardyce and players he is buying, plus MORE loadsa money since Ashley arrived, etc, etc . . . )

I think any good player would come here, if the timing was right for him.

Big clubs tend to finish in the top half of the league.

Guest Verlaine

Luque good mate with Eto'o

'Yeah, Sam, come to Newcastle. Fucking great club, I've loved my time here. Been brilliant!'

Guest Bramble OG

'Yeah, Sam, come to Newcastle. Fucking great club, I've loved my time here. Been brilliant!'

Cant be hating it to much, been here best part of 2 years

Guest Verlaine

That was down to a sh*t manager and sh*t defenders who are no longer here (as well as having no Owen). That's a different club to the one we are now.

Worth waiting until we've played a few games before deciding either way, in my opinion.

Guest Verlaine

'Yeah, Sam, come to Newcastle. f****** great club, I've loved my time here. Been brilliant!'

Cant be hating it to much, been here best part of 2 years

Only because his time here has been so piss-poor that no fucker wants him.

Everyone raves about Deco but I've not seen anything that impressive, although I'm only basing that on CL/World cup/Euro championships. Plus he looks a bit like a kid who nicked my bike when I was little.

I'd have Eto'o though!

Eto'o :lol:, I'm sure they're all desperate to join a side with no Champions League football. Would seriously rather we got the defence sorted first, after that they can chase as many big names as they want :cheesy:

Totally agree. I have been saying the same thing for weeks