Atiba Hutchinson (another supposed target)

Skirge

Guest keego_nufc

Occean is good I hear he is lighting up Norway and even was targeted by Glenn Roeder for us to mark him when we played them in Intertoto.  rumours are he is going to Roda JC or Ajax

Well, he is not THAT good. I am not sure about this season, but last season he spent a lot of time on the bench. He was damn good for Odd Grenland though, before a year and a half from now.

I doubt that anyone would say no to Pompey and Blackburn to play for Houston...

My experience is that nort-americans tend to overrate their players a lot. I remember last summer in Switzerland when I spoke with an american during the WC-finale. He talked about McBride and Reyna like some of the big stars in England. When I told them both were s**** he just looked at me in a weird way. Donovan and Johnson to. We talked about how the MLF (or what the f***) is compared to english PL. He said that the english top-6 teams were way better then the american, but then it started to even out. Imagine what he'd say about their league now that they have attracted a player like Beckham.

I am not saying that all north-americans don't have a clue about football, mind. Not that anyone here doese'nt either...

I dont make the rumours man just saying and Occean is on top form for Lillestrom right now top of the league in scoring last time I checked which is why rumours are popping up.

As for De Rosario it is a fact he turned down Blackburn who tabled a 2 million bid for him he is the best player in the MLS.  I know an English fan may find it hard to believe that he didnt want to go to europe but last time he was in europe there was alot of racism towards him and he loves dominating the MLS.

And have you seen his goals ooo boy..... talk about a human highlight reel

And please do not compare Canadian fans to American fans....

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT.  We dont rate our players at all, alot of fans underate them in fact

Check this out:

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2

Akin to the Chopra post, prefers to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond at this point in time, although in De Rosarios case, I dont think he will make the step up now.

Doesnt really help his career or Canadian Soccer, but each to their own, he is entitled to stay where he is happy.

Guest keego_nufc

Partly, but also has to do with his dream to play for Toronto FC in front of his hometown (ala Alan Shearer)

He has a young family and doesnt want to uproot them for a year or two, remember North America is a LONG way from Europe

Such is a footballers life.

Its a pisser Toronto is the only canadian team around. Obviously Vancouver is still fighting back though.

Like Hockey and NFL the bigger money always looks to be in the states though, so its unlikely any others will spring up.

Guest efullerton

Occean is good I hear he is lighting up Norway and even was targeted by Glenn Roeder for us to mark him when we played them in Intertoto.  rumours are he is going to Roda JC or Ajax

Well, he is not THAT good. I am not sure about this season, but last season he spent a lot of time on the bench. He was damn good for Odd Grenland though, before a year and a half from now.

My experience is that nort-americans tend to overrate their players a lot. I remember last summer in Switzerland when I spoke with an american during the WC-finale. He talked about McBride and Reyna like some of the big stars in England. When I told them both were s**** he just looked at me in a weird way. Donovan and Johnson to. We talked about how the MLF (or what the f***) is compared to english PL. He said that the english top-6 teams were way better then the american, but then it started to even out. Imagine what he'd say about their league now that they have attracted a player like Beckham.

I am not saying that all north-americans don't have a clue about football, mind. Not that anyone here doese'nt either...

I live in Houston and have been to most of the Dynamo games since they moved the team from San Jose last year and I can safely say that De Rosario is highly overrated. That is not to say that he isn't very good in comparison to the majority of talent in MLS, but premiership material he most certainly is not. I agree that North Americans tend to overrate their talent. However, I think people who watch a great deal of European football tend to have a little more perspective. Freddy Adu comes to mind when talking about hype, though in the recent U21 games we are finally seeing a glimpse of the promise; also remember the name Jozy Altidore who along with Adu represents some of the best young talent currently on offer in the US.

The reality is that the MLS has been more akin to League 1 than to the Premiership, but we are finally starting to make some forward progress. I think that the top teams in the league could make a reasonable showing in the Championship now. The problem here is simply that is a 5th sport in terms of popularity and the money/popularity is simply not there to motivate most of the top athletes to choose it. The sport is growing and I think that the MLS should focus on becoming a feeder system for top European clubs and a place where top young talent can be loaned.

I dont make the rumours man just saying and Occean is on top form for Lillestrom right now top of the league in scoring last time I checked which is why rumours are popping up.

As for De Rosario it is a fact he turned down Blackburn who tabled a 2 million bid for him he is the best player in the MLS.  I know an English fan may find it hard to believe that he didnt want to go to europe but last time he was in europe there was alot of racism towards him and he loves dominating the MLS.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT.  We dont rate our players at all, alot of fans underate them in fact

Check this out:

Read the last sentence in my post. I didn't mean anything as critism towards you or anyone else. I don't know if you thought so, but that is how I understood it.

BTW, Occean is not in his top form for Lillestrøm right now. I can name at least six or seven strikers that are better than him in Norway right now. And twice as much other players. But when he played for Odd Grendland, he was really good. At least top three of the strikers in Norway, maybe THE best striker in Norway as well. But when he went to Lillestrom things changed and he sat on the bench a lot, and sometimes he was not even in the squad (though that had more to do with the limit of non-eu players you can have in your squad in Norway). Now he is performing better, and is regular for Lillestrom, but he is not as good as in Odd Grendland, and he is certainly not the most-scoring forward at the moment. But with that said, he was a really really good player when he was in Odd. (At least after Norwegian and Canadian standards). We wasn't really ''properly'' linked with him, were we? I thought it was just something that came up before the Lillestrom-game, and that it just was some bullshit from a Norwegian paper or anything. But we were linked with Mifsud and Koren from Lillestrom. Though I might be wrong, it is a long time ago. ;)

Check this out:

Link please. Please.    mackems.gif

If you think that De Rosario is the best player in the MLS, then you do not underrate but overrate your players... vastly.  Stop watching YouTube highlights and watch him play for a season. Crap player with no vision.

Guest Moe-Ali

I dont know much about Hangeland, besides Hutchinson I thought Allback was FCK's second best player

I would rank Canada's players as this

1) Julian De Guzman

2) Atiba Hutchinson

3) De Rosario

After that just a mixed bunch of like Radzinski, Stalteri, Hume, Nsaliwa (AEK Athens)

Alot of Canadians rate edgar too even though he hasnt had a senior cap yet. 

Was just going to say something very similar

Guest keego_nufc

Check this out:

Link please. Please.     mackems.gif

If you think that De Rosario is the best player in the MLS, then you do not underrate but overrate your players... vastly.  Stop watching YouTube highlights and watch him play for a season. Crap player with no vision.

I've seen him play many a time believe me.  And he pretty much runs the show every game.

And Norwegian-Geordie I dont remember us ever being linked with Occean but I do remember us being linked with Koren.  I think Occean is a pretty decent player though internationally the only thing he's done for Canada though is score for us in our 1-0 win over N.Ireland in 2005. 

First time I've ever seen DeRo called a crap player with no vision, he is a very good player and as I said before Ive seen him play dozens of times in the MLS and he is always one of the top players on the pitch if he isnt the top player.  He had options in the Premier League for a reason.  I dont think a "crap" player would score arguably a top 5 free kick of all time

edit: I would post a link but wouldnt that get me banned? 

I've seen him plenty of times. An excellent player in the danish league, but nowhere near the standard you would expect from a Newcastle player + Copenhagen has a strong finances so they would ask a whole lot for one of their best players. Would rather play a barton with no legs or even dyer...

Guest keego_nufc

You are acting like Newcastle is above Hutchinson when clearly they arent.  Atiba would be a good signing for any premier league team. 

Stuttgart a better club then NUFC is in the hunt for him as well.  AZ Alkmaar who beat us out of the UEFA Cup were also in the hunt but lack the funds. 

And btw what is the standard of a newcastle player?  Hutchinson would be a starter on NUFC fact and if we sign him and he doesnt find his way into the starting XI by October (reasonable) I will leave this board guaranteed

You are acting like Newcastle is above Hutchinson when clearly they arent.  Atiba would be a good signing for any premier league team. 

Stuttgart a better club then NUFC is in the hunt for him as well.  AZ Alkmaar who beat us out of the UEFA Cup were also in the hunt but lack the funds. 

And btw what is the standard of a newcastle player?  Hutchinson would be a starter on NUFC fact and if we sign him and he doesnt find his way into the starting XI by October (reasonable) I will leave this board guaranteed

He's is currently playing in the danish (DANISH!) league, and has never had prem experience. I would be extremly surprised if Big Sam started him...

Guest keego_nufc

Thats the goal I wanted to post.

unlucky Luque I said by October.  And each player gets their start somewhere, ask Hyppia, Riise, Agger, Ole Gunnar, Jaaskelainen, Niemi.

He plays in the most elite league of all though, The Champions League and he performed great there.  MoM vs. Man United

I dont think all these teams would be linked with him if he werent premier league quality 

Guest Derek-g

he scores a nice goal here

I'm sure he does but you might want to delete the link.

alright

THAT goal was against one of the worst defences in the league last season, and the team that finished buttom (Silkeborg is definatly not the danish Arsenal  mackems.gif) . Atiba got skills, but he is nowhere near premier league standard.

The reason he might fit into Stuttgart or AZ is because the dutch and german leagues compare much better to the danish (not in standard, but in style of play). Thats also why so many danish younsters try their luck in those countries.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Not good enough for PL. Would be another Faye who keeps the ball too long and cant adjust to the style and pace in english football. A fine player in the danish league (not the best like) but not good enough for PL!

Guest vatos

I agree! Not good enough.

He is a good player in the danish league, but to make it in the Premier League you have to be outstanding in the danish league - he is not!

Thats the goal I wanted to post.

unlucky Luque I said by October.  And each player gets their start somewhere, ask Hyppia, Riise, Agger, Ole Gunnar, Jaaskelainen, Niemi.

He plays in the most elite league of all though, The Champions League and he performed great there.  MoM vs. Man United

I dont think all these teams would be linked with him if he werent premier league quality 

I remember a certain Andreas Andersson who was canny in the Swedish League, once scored twice for Solna (?), against Arsenal in the Champions League, but was a flop.

Guest keego_nufc

I guess you guys must be pro scouts hey?

Forget what Allardyce, Stuttgart and Curbishley say.

If Hutchinson isnt good enough according to you guys he isnt, I rate your opinions over those small clubs.

Get over yourselves honestly, he is good enough or Stuttgart wouldnt be in negotiations with him. 

Believe me up next to Julian De Guzman on the CMNT he could be better then him.  And De Guzman is maybe the best player on Deportivo in La Liga and marks Ronaldinho and Xavi.

But again, I guess me, and all the other clubs are wrong.  Guess he isnt good enough *rolls eyes*

Wow thats defensive :D

As i said.. The german and dutch leagues compares much better to the danish than the english do, he wouldnt cut it in the premier league! The step ut is too big! And i see him every other weekend in the danish league. And again, the goal you refer to was against the worst team in the league, you can see how shitty the defending was.

Am i right in thinking your canadian? That would be the only reason you rate him so highly. And De Guzman is as good as Ronaldinho and Xavi? :lol: