Serbian FA handed massive fine for racist players and fans

NSG

Guest Nufc4Life

No amount of money will make a PROPER effect to be fair.

It might to the team, but it wouldnt to other potentially racist fans around the world, a more fitting punishment would be to remove Serbia from all International Competitons, now that would really hurt them.

Are the fans really going to care that theyre FA has got a fine? Theyd damn sure care if there team was thrown out.

No amount of money will make a PROPER effect to be fair.

It might to the team, but it wouldnt to other potentially racist fans around the world, a more fitting punishment would be to remove Serbia from all International Competitons, now that would really hurt them.

Are the fans really going to care that theyre FA has got a fine? Theyd damn sure care if there team was thrown out.

This is true. The fines are never consistent, but they don't achieve much anyway. I can see they're designed to get the Serbian FA to get their own house in order, but they'll laugh at 16K. You need to hit them where it hurts, make them play in empty stadiums or ban them altogether, people really pay attention to that.

Generally fines mean FUCK ALL in todays game.

If you banned them from competitions, deduct points or even sack players/staff THEN you'd see a change.

But I don't think they'll ever understand this. They've been going backwards for years.

Guest Geordiesned

Do UEFA really expect to be taken seriously when they say they want to stamp out racism in the game with pathetic punishments like this?

Ban Serbia for 4 years from Int. football. It's the only way.

agree that's the best way.

seriously have some dirty players - remember sinsina mijailovijc? cracking freekicks but most racist and dirty player.

Saw a video of some serbian (I think, one of those countries) fans arranging themselves into a human swastika on the stand.  Credit where it's due, must have taken a fair bit of planning, they're a well-organised bunch of nazi idiots.

Saw a video of some serbian (I think, one of those countries) fans arranging themselves into a human swastika on the stand.  Credit where it's due, must have taken a fair bit of planning, they're a well-organised bunch of nazi idiots.

This is happened in Croatia...

Guest Invicta_Toon

just a minor detail eh

I feel the same way as the majority on here but I admit I am biased due to family reasons.

Serbia feels that there nationalism is justified because the whole world is against them . These types of actions and the ones suggested on here only strengthen these feelings... nowt to be done but ban them anyway.

I feel the same way as the majority on here but I admit I am biased due to family reasons.

Serbia feels that there nationalism is justified because the whole world is against them . These types of actions and the ones suggested on here only strengthen these feelings... nowt to be done but ban them anyway.

They've always been a bit paranoid like that though, as Franz Ferdinand found out to his cost - and quite a few other people's and all!! ;)