Sam - I'm adding to squad

NSG

Guest Guinness

What signings had we made this time last summer?

Don't think we'd made any. Duff was mid-July if i remember correctly...

Just thinking, I'm getting impatient as well, but we've actually handled this transfer window much better than the last few. Just the nagging issue of the defence to sort out is getting me on edge!

I find myself feeling the same, I think it's probably due to the fact that other clubs around us are spending a lot of money and as of yet we've spent a net of something like £1.7m. That's not to say the business we've conducted so far isn't good, I think we've got great value in terms of what we've added so far. I'm just anxious to see whether we actually have that much to spend. The fact that we keep looking at free transfers would suggest otherwise. I'd also feel a lot better about things if we had the defense sorted, particularly left back. Ideally we need to have pretty much all of our transfers sorted before the start of the season which gives us just under a month.

If any major spending takes place this season, i see it only taking place in January. Sam's building the squad at the moment. We'll see how we're doing in a few months time; he can review every area of the squad and see what we're lacking in, and if we need a super-signing - the money will be there for him. Arguably a negative approach, but a sensible one at this time.

What signings had we made this time last summer?

This time last year the world cup had just finished 4 days ago.

Before that, about 4 or 5 transfers in had been made in the whole of the PL.

Guest SwissMagpie

Well, he's a good friend of my best mate... so no rumour... but he said himself that some scouts of United have watched/contacted him in Canada... well, I don't know anthing else but my mate phoned me as he knows I am a toon fan...

Prödl is a huge tough tackling defender, very good in the air. Well, I am not sure if he's the guy we need, definitely a promising talent and a good back up ... but more?   

Prodl is playing now with Austria against USA(on Eurosport) and he seems graet.what a great body.Soild,quick and great leader.always screams on his players...........

Well, he's a good friend of my best mate... so no rumour... but he said himself that some scouts of United have watched/contacted him in Canada... well, I don't know anthing else but my mate phoned me as he knows I am a toon fan...

Prödl is a huge tough tackling defender, very good in the air. Well, I am not sure if he's the guy we need, definitely a promising talent and a good back up ... but more?   

Prodl is playing now with Austria against USA(on Eurosport) and he seems graet.what a great body.Soild,quick and great leader.always screams on his players...........

:hom:

:hom:

:lol:

This time last year Roeder went to see Kuyt for the 5th time. and said that we are getting closer and closer and in Pole position.

Duff signed at the end of July and was first signing.

after that Martins at end of August  was our 2nd signing.

Last day of transfer window - Sibi and Rossi.

Bernard :-)

Came AFTER deadline day as a free agent.

American keeper is dodgy as fuck, you can see why the Austrians are shooting as soon as they get a sniff of goal.