Dirk Kuyt (now retired)

Guest DMan

Liverpool Reported To Have Confirmed Signing Of Holland & Feyenoord's Kuyt, Rafa Talks With Blackburn's & Wales' Craig Bellamy

Submitted by Scott Harkness on Tue, 20/06/2006 - 14:30.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has reportedly confirmed the transfer of Holland and Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt and are very close to confirming the signing of Wales and Blackburn Rovers forward Craig Bellamy after Liverpool were allowed to talk to Bellamy by Blackburn Rovers.

Feyenoord have reluctantly accepted a £10m (€14m) bid for Dirk Kuyt from Liverpool after consistent pressure from Benitez and interest from Tottenham Hotspur, Newcastle and Arsenal.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has been chasing the 25-year-old Dutch international striker’s signature for over a year, but Kuyt, who is on World Cup duty with the Oranje squad, will not sign anything until he returns from World Cup duty.

The Dutch have already qualified for the knockout stages, so Kuyt's move to Liverpool is at least a week away.

As for Benitez’s other striker signing, Blackburn Rovers have now given permission to Liverpool to talk to Wales international striker Craig Bellamy.

Blackburn Rovers say they want to keep Bellamy at Ewood Park but have allowed Liverpool to speak to the Wales striker.

“We have made it crystal clear to Craig and his advisors that we want him at Ewood Park,” said Blackburn Rovers chairman John Williams.

“We made him an improved offer before Liverpool declared their interest, an offer that was consistent with our ambition and determination to build on last season's success.”

“The decision now rests with the player,” finished the Rovers Chairman.

It is now expected that Bellamy will sign for the Reds next week for a fee in the region of £6.5m (€9m).

If the two strikers join Rafa Benitez at Anfield, they will be joining Robbie Fowler and Peter Crouch in the Liverpool attack and will give Liverpool an effective strike-force for the first time in a very long time.

Seen this on a few Liverpool sites as well so looks like it is credible. Both could have been playing for the toon if Souness had not sold Bellars.

Guest Verlaine

Doesn't make any sense that they go for Bellamy because he's the only striker they wanted they could actually afford and then go and spend an extra £10 million on Kuyt. It's just a little rumour that's gathered pace. Nonsense in my opinion. Benitez was complaining about Cisse's injury hitting their transfer plans, and they were only getting £8 Million or so for him. Add this to the price hike in Alves, £10 million for Kuyt- who isn't even discussing his future until after the world cup- just doesn't add up.

Doesn't make any sense that they go for Bellamy because he's the only striker they wanted they could actually afford and then go and spend an extra £10 million on Kuyt. It's just a little rumour that's gathered pace. Nonsense in my opinion.

Hope so but they only have 1 striker now in Crouch with Cisse on his way to Marseille apparently so they need to buy and there chairman always comes up with moeny for them.

Doesn't make any sense that they go for Bellamy because he's the only striker they wanted they could actually afford and then go and spend an extra £10 million on Kuyt. It's just a little rumour that's gathered pace. Nonsense in my opinion.

Hope so but they only have 1 striker now in Crouch with Cisse on his way to Marseille apparently so they need to buy and there chairman always comes up with moeny for them.

What do you class Fowler as? Midfielder?

As someone just said Rafa was saying that he needed the Cisse money for transfers, I cant see them bidding £10m for Kuyt after they just paid £6m for Bellamy, Alves will cost them atleast £10m aswell.

Guest Steven_MB

Bellamy will have to play as he will be there only pacy striker, and he will probably play with Kuyt to form their best partnership but that means that Crouch will only be a sub which i wouldn't expect from Rafa, I suppose he rotates alot though so it'll be ok. 'Pool should be a bit worried about what to do during bellers injuries though, Kuyt and Crouch are both not fast and both play the ''big man'' target man job.

Did I miss Morientes retiring or moving on somewhere else?

Guest Verlaine

Well, I'm not sure he can really be classed as a Premiership striker!

Guest Steven_MB

he went to Valencia for £3.5m (?).

Yes he signed for Valencia about a month ago but I did forget about Fowler. Lets face he is only a backup on a 1 year contract and they need firepower so this is where they will invest.

Yes you did, to Valencia some weeks ago.

:lol:

Signed for Valencia i think. Definatly gone thou.

Cisse aint going to Marseille, Why the F*ck would Marseille buy a player who has just broke his leg? Theres no guarantee Cisse will recover from it. If Marseille wait then surely this recent break will devalue Cisse even more.

:lol:

Jeez - like not knowing every little piece of transfer news is some sort of crime! :roll: :lol:

Not sure of the exact site but go to newsnow and look at Liverpool's page and there are a lot of articles about it on there.

Guest Verlaine

I'd be willing to be quite a lot that it started on a naff rumour site and the rest is all a cut/paste job. Come on, it's such a shit rumour that not even clubcall  or eatsleepsport are bothering to publish it.

I'd be willing to be quite a lot that it started on a naff rumour site and the rest is all a cut/paste job. Come on, it's such a shit rumour that not even clubcall  or eatsleepsport are bothering to publish it.

Clubcall are :)

I can't see any site other than rumour sites who are posting this news with any quotes or facts or information at all. Seems like it may be a load of bollocks to be cooked up by someone near the player who is trying to get him a deal sorted to go somewhere. Or even the club to try and get some offers in.