Dirk Kuyt (now retired)

Guest DMan

Guest Verlaine

Mirror are saying this morning we have put in a £6m bid for him

Liverpool table £10m bid, we table a £6m bid!

How can you believe shit like that?

If Liverpool want him, and have money, they'll get him. We're small beer compared to them.

As told to by people on here, i waited for his turn on the big stage, what with the dutch league being a bit, you know. Well, he was poor on his first showing. Hopefully he'll get better, and you can't judge a player in 1 performance, but by the same token you can't say he is good based on one terrible performance, either.

Guest thommo78

What did Kuyt do to against Argentina to suggest he was worth 6million let alone 10million. I didn't see anything special. Even when he went up front later in the game. He seems a honest hard working player but he doesn't have any outstanding attributes!!! Pace? (not particularly) skillfull? (not particularly) power? (ok, but no more than shola) shooting (did he have an effort on goal?)

Instead of being impressed by what a paper says his price tag is and the rolling bandwagon of his reputation on this board, I was distinctly unimpressed of what I saw as an average player!! Ok I accept I have seen 1 game, but nothing suggested to me that he was better than average and why should we pay 6 or even 10million for an average performer!!

Our money needs to be spent wisely this year and not out of blind hope!!!

What did Owen do in his last 4 games to suggest he is even a premiership striker? Van Nistelrooy has been just as unimpressive. Henry has been crap, Toni shite, as had Ronaldo up until last night. Would you say Klose is the best striker in the world? You cannot judge players ability solely on the their performance in the world cup.

Guest thommo78

You're missing my point. I'm saying just cause he is rumoured to have a big price tag that shouldn't impress us. What can he bring to the team to justify us spending 10million on him? I havent seen anything yet? As I said in my post. I've seen one full game he has played so I can only make my opinion off of that. Owen etc I've seen over many years. I'd rather form my own opinion based on fact as NUFC have had their fingers burnt in the transfer market to many times!! Luque for example. Personally Id never seen the guy before last year but this board was all excited saying how great he was and how he was worth 9 million!! Half the people who claim he was great had never even seen the guy play!! Personally I know Defo can score in the prem, is he worth 10million? Probably not but Id have more confidence in him than a guy that the Sun says is worth 10 million!!

What did Owen do in his last 4 games to suggest he is even a premiership striker? Van Nistelrooy has been just as unimpressive. Henry has been crap, Toni shite, as had Ronaldo up until last night. Would you say Klose is the best striker in the world? You cannot judge players ability solely on the their performance in the world cup.

But his fans said "wait till the world cup, he'll shine". Well, he'd better start, cos he looked crap in the first game.

He has bene touted at £8-10m.....if you can't go on the world cup, you certainly can't pay that sort of money based on the dutch league!

But his fans said "wait till the world cup, he'll shine". Well, he'd better start, cos he looked crap in the first game.

He has bene touted at £8-10m.....if you can't go on the world cup, you certainly can't pay that sort of money based on the dutch league!

Hardly seen the lad play but my dutch mate reckons he'd suit newcastle, whatever that means. Who do you think we should sign NM out of interest??

Guest Verlaine

If Liverpool want him, and have money, they'll get him. We're small beer compared to them.

As told to by people on here, i waited for his turn on the big stage, what with the dutch league being a bit, you know. Well, he was poor on his first showing. Hopefully he'll get better, and you can't judge a player in 1 performance, but by the same token you can't say he is good based on one terrible performance, either.

I was more referring to the notion that we heard a club had bid £10 million, so we stuck in a £6 million bid.

he's only started one game  and he's been played out of position in every one of his appearances

Guest thommo78

he's only started one game  and he's been played out of position in every one of his appearances

Precisely but the majority on here woyuld rather be impressed by his price tag and what the sun says!! Personally seeing is believing for me. I have one game to judge him on and he did nothing to suggest he had any attributes that were 10million. I hope our Scouts have watched him and we are not by on reputation that I think we have done in the past!

He played some of the last game up front. Mind, he LOOKED out of position there.

Hardly seen the lad play but my dutch mate reckons he'd suit newcastle, whatever that means. Who do you think we should sign NM out of interest??

I don't know who we shoud sign, tbh. The ones i woud REALLY LIKE are out of our reach. But what i won't do is assume that because he was good in Holland and FM2006, he'd be good here.

If you want to believe he's good/great/worth buying, so be it. Personally, i'd like to see some proof first. And his one game (partly played up front) was fuck all proof to me of anything but a below-average player.

Precisely but the majority on here woyuld rather be impressed by his price tag and what the sun says!! Personally seeing is believing for me. I have one game to judge him on and he did nothing to suggest he had any attributes that were 10million. I hope our Scouts have watched him and we are not by on reputation that I think we have done in the past!

How can someone judge a player on 1 single match? Whats do you think of Owen, 3 games no goals, Does that make his utter shit in your eyes?

I cant believe some of the posts on here, Just because Kuyt didnt have an excellent game scoring a hattrick he's crap. Get a grip people it was 1 game and he was out of position, RVN was pretty poor in that game does that mean people will turn there nose up at him?

Guest thommo78

How can someone judge a player on 1 single match? Whats do you think of Owen, 3 games no goals, Does that make his utter shit in your eyes?

I cant believe some of the posts on here, Just because Kuyt didnt have an excellent game scoring a hattrick he's crap. Get a grip people it was 1 game and he was out of position, RVN was pretty poor in that game does that mean people will turn there nose up at him?

Read my earlier posts, you are missing my point. What I say is I have seen owen/defo over a number of games so I can judge what I think there worth is. I have seen Kuyt once so I refuse to get caught up in this hype of e must table a 10million bid for him now etc. As I've said I have one game to judge him on. I don't believe we have a large budget and our money needs to be spent wisely. In the past we have been guilty of buying on reputation, sometimes it has worked other times it blows up in our face. I hope the Scouts have done their work and they will have a better informed choice, but from what I saw how anyone on hear can say he is worth 10million is beyond me. It is paper hype. I would gladly accept the opinion of someone who has seen 10-20 games but I won't buy into this buy him now crap if I am not fully informed!!

I don't know who we shoud sign, tbh. The ones i woud REALLY LIKE are out of our reach. But what i won't do is assume that because he was good in Holland and FM2006, he'd be good here.

If you want to believe he's good/great/worth buying, so be it. Personally, i'd like to see some proof first. And his one game (partly played up front) was **** all proof to me of anything but a below-average player.

You won't assume that because he is good in Holland and FM2006, he'd be good here. So if you can have a say on player transfer who would you buy? Only players who have done well in Premiership?

You don't think that a game could prove that if he is good, but you think that a poor game is enough proof that he is bad.

Guest Ridzuan

Liverpool has already brought Bellamy,so I cant see them going for Kuyt as well.Hopefully Glenn will go for Kuyt before any club does.