Dirk Kuyt (now retired)

Guest DMan

I wasnt embaressed at all, I think it was genuine and i was gutted when we didnt get him. Newcastle try to get one of the best young players around and instead of fans being excited they are embaressed. What a unique club this is

I wasnt embaressed at all, I think it was genuine and i was gutted when we didnt get him. Newcastle try to get one of the best young players around and instead of fans being excited they are embaressed. What a unique club this is

Sad but true. Don't think people realise just how close we were to actually signing him.

Sad but true. Don't think people realise just how close we were to actually signing him.

TBH i dont know how close we were but i do know Rooney was keen until Manu came in and as soon as i seen the yellow info bar come up on SSN about Manu bidding for Rooney i knew we had no chance. FS had nothing at all to gain from bidding for Rooney with no intent, What would happen if Everton excepted? It would all back-fire on FS and i expect there is some rule where Everton could of sued us for unsettle or something.

I even remember the Rooney press-conference when he signed, Sir Alex said he had no intention of buying Rooney that summer but the next, but the fact we bid for him forced his hand as he didn't want to lose out.

He didnt miss out we did!!!

Rooney is by far Manu best player and IF we had got him i wonder where we would of been today because Rooney would of changed our whole team.

Guest BlueWhiteMonkey

I even remember the Rooney press-conference when he signed, Sir Alex said he had no intention of buying Rooney that summer but the next, but the fact we bid for him forced his hand as he didn't want to lose out.

Everton would have gone into administation if they didn't get some money for Rooney. Billy Liar Kenwright phoned up his fatty mate up to force the sale of Rooney through that year before it was too late.

Guest MagicNumber9

Am i the only confused, didnt he say a month or 2 back he wanted to come here? Or something like that?

Why build our hopes up and let us down you dutch tw@t!

If Bellamy hears they've signed Kuyt that'll be the end of him going to Liverpool. "Craig Bellamy needs to think about Craig Bellamy and Craig Bellamy needs to be playing first team football. The bench is not the place for Craig Bellamy." will be along the lines of what he has to say on the matter.

:lol:

Amazing how many people backing Bellamy by saying he loved us seem to forget this quote from when we bid for Rooney.

we'd just signed a striker a few weeks earlier (kluivert) and bellamy knew there was another striker at the club who was literally undroppable. in that context he said

"I love playing for Newcastle and I love everything about the club, but if Wayne Rooney comes, I will have to review my position because I am not sitting on the bench anywhere.

"I like Wayne Rooney a lot because he is a great player. He is my sort of player and it would be great for the club, but no good for Craig Bellamy.

"If he does come, I will have to consider my position."

Were you posting that in support of Bellamy, because I'm sorry, but that still makes him look like a prick IMO.

"Sign one of the best players in the world eh? Well not if you want me to stay at the club you won't."

Exactly, Bellamy doesnt like fight for his place. Wouldnt suprise me a few people on here would have Bellamy before Rooney.

Bellamy is the greatest striker to have ever graced the game so its goes without question!

Apparently....

If Bellamy hears they've signed Kuyt that'll be the end of him going to Liverpool.  "Craig Bellamy needs to think about Craig Bellamy and Craig Bellamy needs to be playing first team football.  The bench is not the place for Craig Bellamy." will be along the lines of what he has to say on the matter.

:lol:

Amazing how many people backing Bellamy by saying he loved us seem to forget this quote from when we bid for Rooney.

.................... when confronted with the possibility of non-guaranteed selection for the 1st team - ie. following Kluivert's arrival, with a Kluivert/Bellamy 1st choice strikepairing on the horizon - didn't Shearer similarly question his own future at the club. Yet Shearer's "love for the club" hasn't been similarly compromised in many a supporter's eyes.

Perhaps it's a case "hear no evil, see no evil" where certain individuals are concerned.

From nufc.com's Match Reports.

Alan Shearer told the Chronicle: "I think it would be great if we signed Rooney.

"He will be a fantastic asset and a great investment for this football club.

"It would be a great coup for the city and for the club if we can attract him here.

"If he is thinking about going abroad to Real Madrid or whatever then he can do that in four or five years time. He is only 18 and he is still effectively learning his trade.

"He will only be 22 or 23 in four years time so he's got plenty of time on his side and I think it would be a great step for him."

"Obviously it's all up in the air at the moment. Yes he would put my place under threat. It would put everyone under threat. So what?

"If he can come in and do well, then great. It's always been the rules of football if someone comes in and does well, you support him and say well done.

"We are all in it for this football club and if Rooney comes in and improves us, then we are all for it and I am 100% behind that.

"If we can get him it would be brilliant."

The comments i refer to, when Shearer in a decidely more eloquent and media friendly manner left a distinct impression that he'd indeed look after his own interests in the event of SBR no longer guaranteeing him regular 1st team football, took place earlier in that particular transfer window ie. around the time of the Kluivert transfer.

Somebody will find them although i'm certain they won't be found on dot.cock.

this from the Chonicle today by Anal Oliver re: Kuyt

it would not surprise me if his interest in fellow Dutchman Dirk Kuyt has cooled after his lack of activity in the World Cup.

so GR would only buy players based on their world cup performance?

ok, I know Oliver is talking $hite as usual  :roll:

Guest smoggeordie

it would not surprise me if his interest in fellow Dutchman Dirk Kuyt has cooled after his lack of activity in the World Cup.

ok, I know Oliver is talking $hite as usual :roll:

When Glenn and I catch up on July 13th I'll ask him about Kuyt

I find it funny AO saying that when Roeder gave an interview stating he wont be buying player based on there world cup performances. So how AO cn say such shit is pathetic.

Guest Geordiesned

Make up some bollocks about Kuyt hating Germans and you'll get him right on side! :lol:

Guest smoggeordie

Make up some bollocks about Kuyt hating Germans and you'll get him right on side! :lol:

Kuyt has a subscription to the Chronicle :lol:

Guest Man in Black

a lot of talk around Anfield at the minute that a fee has been agreed between Liverpool and Feyenoord, and that thw players agents are an advanced stages in the contract negotiations.

nothing nailed on yet, but it should all be tied up in the net week to 10 days, as Benitez and Rick Parry are apparantly going to Germany to speak to him over the weekend, after the Bellamy deal has been sorted out tomorrow.

a lot of talk around Anfield at the minute that a fee has been agreed between Liverpool and Feyenoord, and that thw players agents are an advanced stages in the contract negotiations.

nothing nailed on yet, but it should all be tied up in the net week to 10 days, as Benitez and Rick Parry are apparantly going to Germany to speak to him over the weekend, after the Bellamy deal has been sorted out tomorrow.

Isn't that against the rules at the minute while the world cup is on ? Plus Feyenoord said on Monday they have not spoken to anyone.

Guest thommo78

After watching him last night if he is a 10million rated striker then I'm a dutchman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Nimbus

Mirror are saying this morning we have put in a £6m bid for him

Liverpool table £10m bid, we table a £6m bid!