Dirk Kuyt (now retired)

Guest DMan

Guest Gemmill

If Bellamy hears they've signed Kuyt that'll be the end of him going to Liverpool.  "Craig Bellamy needs to think about Craig Bellamy and Craig Bellamy needs to be playing first team football.  The bench is not the place for Craig Bellamy." will be along the lines of what he has to say on the matter.

From the Liverpool Echo:

"With Bellamy now close to becoming the most high profile capture of the summer so far, Benitez will now be hoping to resolve the long-running pursuit of Daniel Alves. Ideally, the Spanish boss would also like to recruit another striker, with Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt top of the wanted list.

However, a deal for the Dutchman is currently wholly dependant on Liverpool raising significant funds in sales."

Can't see how Liverpool raise those funds with the players they are wanting to get shot of.

From Feyenoord football club:

‘Up to now not a single club has contacted Feyenoord about Kuyt and I have not spoken with Dirk about this,’ says club supremo Van den Herik.

Over recent weeks rumours have been increasingly appearing in the English press in particular about interest from Premiership clubs for the striker and about Kuyt’s own interest in a move across the Channel. But if truth be told, the Feyenoord captain – who’s currently preparing for the Word Cup finals – has not said a thing.

Guest Sturmvogel

Try to ignore stories without quotes, I would've thought people cottoned on to this by now.

No quotes about Kuyt, only ones on Bellamy which have been stolen from various other websites.

So this is a non-event. Wait til after the WC for Kuyt as Feyenoord can accept offers all day for him but its up to the player to decide on the end, which won't be until after England win the WC :D

If Bellamy hears they've signed Kuyt that'll be the end of him going to Liverpool.  "Craig Bellamy needs to think about Craig Bellamy and Craig Bellamy needs to be playing first team football.  The bench is not the place for Craig Bellamy." will be along the lines of what he has to say on the matter.

:lol:

Amazing how many people backing Bellamy by saying he loved us seem to forget this quote from when we bid for Rooney.

Amazing how many people backing Bellamy by saying he loved us seem to forget this quote from when we bid for Rooney.

Ive never forgot it, Can still remember him on SSN

Guest Gemmill

It was BECAUSE of his love for us that he said it!  He didn't want to be on the bench because he couldn't bear it.  CAN'T YOU SEE?!

....or something like that. ;)

we'd just signed a striker a few weeks earlier (kluivert) and bellamy knew there was another striker at the club who was literally undroppable. in that context he said

"I love playing for Newcastle and I love everything about the club, but if Wayne Rooney comes, I will have to review my position because I am not sitting on the bench anywhere.

"I like Wayne Rooney a lot because he is a great player. He is my sort of player and it would be great for the club, but no good for Craig Bellamy.

"If he does come, I will have to consider my position."

Guest Gemmill

If Bellamy hears they've signed Kuyt that'll be the end of him going to Liverpool. "Craig Bellamy needs to think about Craig Bellamy and Craig Bellamy needs to be playing first team football. The bench is not the place for Craig Bellamy." will be along the lines of what he has to say on the matter.

we'd just signed a striker a few weeks earlier (kluivert) and bellamy knew there was another striker at the club who was literally undroppable. in that context he said

"I love playing for Newcastle and I love everything about the club, but if Wayne Rooney comes, I will have to review my position because I am not sitting on the bench anywhere.

"I like Wayne Rooney a lot because he is a great player. He is my sort of player and it would be great for the club, but no good for Craig Bellamy.

Were you posting that in support of Bellamy, because I'm sorry, but that still makes him look like a prick IMO.

"Sign one of the best players in the world eh?  Well not if you want me to stay at the club you won't."

If Bellamy hears they've signed Kuyt that'll be the end of him going to Liverpool. "Craig Bellamy needs to think about Craig Bellamy and Craig Bellamy needs to be playing first team football. The bench is not the place for Craig Bellamy." will be along the lines of what he has to say on the matter.

Were you posting that in support of Bellamy, because I'm sorry, but that still makes him look like a prick IMO.

"Sign one of the best players in the world eh? Well not if you want me to stay at the club you won't."

Exactly, Bellamy doesnt like fight for his place. Wouldnt suprise me a few people on here would have Bellamy before Rooney.

.................... when confronted with the possibility of non-guaranteed selection for the 1st team - ie. following Kluivert's arrival, with a Kluivert/Bellamy 1st choice strikepairing on the horizon - didn't Shearer similarly question his own future at the club. Yet Shearer's "love for the club" hasn't been similarly compromised in many a supporter's eyes.

Perhaps it's a case "hear no evil, see no evil" where certain individuals are concerned.

.................... when confronted with the possibility of non-guaranteed selection for the 1st team - ie. following Kluivert's arrival, with a Kluivert/Bellamy 1st choice strikepairing on the horizon - didn't Shearer similarly question his own future at the club. Yet Shearer's "love for the club" hasn't been similarly compromised in many a supporter's eyes.

Perhaps it's a case "hear no evil, see no evil" where certain individuals are concerned.

From nufc.com's Match Reports.

Alan Shearer told the Chronicle: "I think it would be great if we signed Rooney.

"He will be a fantastic asset and a great investment for this football club.

"It would be a great coup for the city and for the club if we can attract him here.

"If he is thinking about going abroad to Real Madrid or whatever then he can do that in four or five years time. He is only 18 and he is still effectively learning his trade.

"He will only be 22 or 23 in four years time so he's got plenty of time on his side and I think it would be a great step for him."

"Obviously it's all up in the air at the moment. Yes he would put my place under threat. It would put everyone under threat. So what?

"If he can come in and do well, then great. It's always been the rules of football if someone comes in and does well, you support him and say well done.

"We are all in it for this football club and if Rooney comes in and improves us, then we are all for it and I am 100% behind that.

"If we can get him it would be brilliant."

"Sign one of the best players in the world eh?  Well not if you want me to stay at the club you won't."

what do you expect him to say? that he wants to stay and spend the next few years on the bench? had rooney arrived then he and shearer would be guaranteed a place in the team and bellamy knew that he'd have absolutely zero chance of breaking into the first team. maybe he should've kept his mouth shut and engineered a move behind the scenes, but instead he spoke his mind. if he is guilty of anything it is being too honest and speaking in the heat of the moment right after a match. here's what he said when he'd cooled down:

"Every Newcastle United supporter knows just how committed I am to the club. I absolutely love playing here and there is no way I am going to ask for a transfer, whether Wayne Rooney comes or not."

"I don't know if it's true that the club have made a bid for Rooney or not, but if he does join Newcastle I think one of the four current attackers will be forced to leave." - damn, there's shola causing trouble too!

"Sign one of the best players in the world eh? Well not if you want me to stay at the club you won't."

what do you expect him to say? that he wants to stay and spend the next few years on the bench? had rooney arrived then he and shearer would be guaranteed a place in the team and bellamy knew that he'd have absolutely zero chance of breaking into the first team. maybe he should've kept his mouth shut and engineered a move behind the scenes, but instead he spoke his mind. if he is guilty of anything it is being too honest and speaking in the heat of the moment right after a match. here's what he said when he'd cooled down:

"Every Newcastle United supporter knows just how committed I am to the club. I absolutely love playing here and there is no way I am going to ask for a transfer, whether Wayne Rooney comes or not."

"I don't know if it's true that the club have made a bid for Rooney or not, but if he does join Newcastle I think one of the four current attackers will be forced to leave." - damn, there's shola causing trouble too!

So Bellamy wasnt even gonna try and fight for his place. tut tut tut

I agree he should have kept quiet for once and proved he was good enough

I agree he should have kept quiet for once and proved he was good enough

So does that mean you think Bellamy is better than Rooney?

if those who slate bellamy for the comments believe he shouldve stayed and fought for his place, then i'd say the split on this issue is between those who understand that shearer would never be dropped, and those who naively think shearer's place is as vulnerable as the place of any other player at the club.

if a player is not going to be playing first-team football they are entitled to try and find another club. that's what michael owen did.

That bid for Rooney was so funny, just made us look daft.

How? Was no different to our bid for Owen last summer, only in Rooney's instance there was someone willing to beat our offer.

Ha! There's a big difference when there's plenty to suggest the latter was merely a publicity stunt to try and draw the eyes of cretins away from the disintegration of the club that was taking place.