Dirk Kuyt (now retired)

Guest DMan

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Try to understand that if clubs are interested in Kuyt, they were interested for as long as us. So I don't buy into this 'fannying around' nonsense, because it's not as though he's suddenly got a lot of attention because of his World Cup. Considering Wenger has already had him watched, it's clear he was more than aware of the player. It's nothing to do with us waiting has suddenly got other clubs interested.

yup, all the sheep like NSG will flame against Roeder though

Guest GHoeberX

NL media:

Arsenal has confirmed their interest in Kuyt.

Come on Roland you are mixing things up.

1) The english media (the mirror) reported that Arsenal will do an offer on Kuyt

2) Now some hours ago TF1 (French media!) has gotten Arsène Wenger to confirm that Arsenal will do an offer on Kuyt!

Looks a little bit sluggish from what I've seen, I'm a little sceptical whether he could make the step up to the Premier League.

If we really do have that kind of money to throw around it'd be worth testing Real with a bid for Baptista. He's fallen out of favour there and with the change of presidency I can see them making a big bid for someone like Torres. Baptista's stock has fallen significantly over there and they might want to recoup a bit of their money. The only reason he rejected Arsenal was because he needed an extra year to obtain his EU passport. I've seen quite a lot of him this season and I think he's exactly what we need.

• 1 year later...

I really don't see the point in releasing articles like that.

Each one is written with one sole intention which is to knock the desired club and lets face it which set of fans in the premier league does not think they are a big club, yes they might not be the biggest but considering we've successfully stayed in the top flight for well over 10 years now I'd consider us a big club, not the biggest but I'd certainly put us in the top 10.

Also to keep things on subject so far I'm more than glad we forked out  £10m on Oba instead of Kuyt as so far Kuyt has done very little to even remotely impress me.

just noticed this article

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2006/08/18/gordon-newcastle-a-shining-example-of-big-club-syndrome/582.html

why are they so bothered about us?

ps all the liverpool fans i know, think he's not good enough for the prem

He's crap in front of goal, but the first name on Rafa's teamsheet every week it seems. He brings something to the side, but goals, skill and guile it ain't. Good enough as a second striker, but his shooting's too bad for him to be no. 1 at a big club.

• 14 years later...