Ronal... Baptista on his way?

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Vigge

Baptista Bullshit.... Where we gonna play him CB? We need defenders, not a brazilian AMC, wouldnt mind him after we sign like 4 defenders though. :knuppel2:

Guest Vigge

Hmm, Yes better than emre indeed, wouldnt mind Baptista now that Barton is out. But still replacing Baba & Carr and give some alternatvies to the Taylor/Rozenhal partnership, is preferable IMO. I have been away in China for a couple of weeks just got home. Have this sick feeling that the transfer window is slipping through our hands after getting home, maybe its just jetlag.

Clearly Allardyce wants at least 4 more defenders.  Signing players like Baptista isn't going to change that.  Also we've got 2 and a half months left in the transfer window, 2 weeks in its bizarre to think its slipping away, don't panic for fuck sake..

Clearly Allardyce wants at least 4 more defenders.  Signing players like Baptista isn't going to change that.  Also we've got 2 and a half months left in the transfer window, 2 weeks in its bizarre to think its slipping away, don't panic for fuck sake..

Umm window closes at the end of August... so around about a month and a week away.

Clearly Allardyce wants at least 4 more defenders.  Signing players like Baptista isn't going to change that.  Also we've got 2 and a half months left in the transfer window, 2 weeks in its bizarre to think its slipping away, don't panic for f*** sake..

Umm window closes at the end of August... so around about a month and a week away.

:lol:

Was just about to edit that just before you posted when my PC died.. f****** hate PC's :)

I meant one and a half months (well more or less, one month and 9 days to be exact).  We're basically a quarter of the way through the transfer window.. why panic?..

Guest DazzaNufc1892

you can sign a player in february if you want, so its a pointless view saying how far we are in

Hmm, generally it seems to be accepted that while you can arrange transfers at any time (pre contracts ect) nothing goes through officially until July 1st.  But after looking around for long enough it does seem that the official start is the day after the season ends.  Good to know..

Still most good players aren't in a position to consider transfers until at least June (and often July if they've been on International duty before there holiday).

you can sign a player in february if you want, so its a pointless view saying how far we are in

Yes you can sign someone more or less (agree in principle to a move).  But we're talking about major team strengthening here, not the odd signing.  To be able to do that you need to get the season out of the way and then internationals and holidays.  Which is usually mid June to early July time.

Baptista would be a great signing imo. Great versatility, great physical presence, great player tbh. He has of course still not adapted fully to the PL. But it seems he has the right attitude, so he will (and if there is a manager able to make players adapt to the english... well we've got him). He's a player I've always hoped would come to play for Newcastle, but always thought there wasn't a chance in the world.

If it's true he wants to come here and that the price is only £6 mill.. I say get him!

I'd love to have Baptista here but if we did sign him, obviously we need to do it quickly.

He said he wants to see what the new Real coach wants to do with him but I say definitely sign him up this window.

3 - 4 Defenders in 1st and then try to get Baptista in.

comments from his time with Arse

"My girlfriend and my mother are frightened about not seeing the sun in England. They miss being in Madrid."

Baptista, known as 'The Beast', has not been impressed by some of Arsenal's rivals.

"The teams from the north of England are terrible," Baptista said. "When we play them I have counted their centre-backs booting up to 30 long balls upfield per game.

"Over here they value a corner kick more than a fancy flick. I am lucky to be with Arsenal, as they are a team that likes to play proper football."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/6570853.stm

Hasn't been any good since he left Sevilla, flopped when he tried to step up to a big club

Maybe there's something in that, but his performances for Brazil show he certainly isn't frightened by the big stage or big expectations.

Guest ryunufc

Hasn't been any good since he left Sevilla, flopped when he tried to step up to a big club

Maybe there's something in that, but his performances for Brazil show he certainly isn't frightened by the big stage or big expectations.

it was not easy to be in the same team with zidane, beckham and robinho, either baptista was played out of postion or did not get to play as large part as he had in seville.

a good thing about baptista, if we need to get a new AM, compared to other foreign based AMs we have been linked with is that he already spent a season in england and 9 goals with arsenal was not a very bad return for a player who tried to settle into a very different league.

it was not easy to be in the same team with zidane, beckham and robinho, either baptista was played out of postion or did not get to play as large part as he had in seville.

a good thing about baptista, if we need to get a new AM, compared to other foreign based AMs we have been linked with is that he already spent a season in england and 9 goals with arsenal was not a very bad return for a player who tried to settle into a very different league.

I dont know, apparently we should get rid of players that score 17 goals in their debut season, Baptista would be torn apart here.

He scored 9 goals in 24 Premiership games for Arsenal.  That's actually a pretty good record, especially considering a lot of those were probably sub apearances (?).

Soccerbase only have him down as scoring 3 in the league for them.

He scored 9 goals in 24 Premiership games for Arsenal.  That's actually a pretty good record, especially considering a lot of those were probably sub apearances (?).

Yes I think they're probably right actually.  Wikipedia's record for him is messed up now I take a better look at the whole thing (the League, Cup and Europe goals don't add up to the totals at the end...).  Ten goals in 35 games seems to have been his total record, so not to good then..

Yes I think they're probably right actually.  Wikipedia's record for him is messed up now I take a better look at the whole thing (the League, Cup and Europe goals don't add up to the totals at the end...).  Ten goals in 35 games seems to have been his total record, so not so good then..

4 of them came in one game against Liverpool in the cup!

Tbf to him though alot of those appearances were from the bench.

Yes I think they're probably right actually.  Wikipedia's record for him is messed up now I take a better look at the whole thing (the League, Cup and Europe goals don't add up to the totals at the end...).  Ten goals in 35 games seems to have been his total record, so not so good then..

4 of them came in one game against Liverpool in the cup!

Tbf to him though alot of those appearances were from the bench.

Didn't he play some games in midfield for Arsenal as well?