NUFC not the subject of the police raids - Statement

Guest thenorthumbrian

The debt wont be held in the same place. The debt from the stadium makes up a proportion of that debt and is paid off each year from ticket sales. I doubt that will be touched. Other parts of the debt will be with the Northern Rock, who i presume we bank with. There may be other parts of the debt from elsewhere.

Imo, the debt with the bank will be paid off. Ashley has his own bankers.   

Now this may just be my memory going nuts, but is there not a payback or renegotiation clause on the stadium loan in the event of a change in ownership? Sure it was in an article about the US financier behind the deals.

I dont remember that story matt, i still think the analysis of the banking situation holds.

Well maybe they are just saying that Bellamy was a decent player but not a fantastic one? It's not so "staggering" really, most people have come to the same conclusion after a while!

I have to disagree completely, Bellamy was an excellent player for us.  Not just his pace and ability to worry defenders and open up space for others.  But the fact that everytime you saw his name on the team sheet you knew you'd have at least one player giving everything to win.  He was flawed obviously, with his injuries and his disciplinary problems.  But I'll always remember his time here with a lot of fondness, even if he is a bit of a w****** :)

So you disagree on some things, but presumably agree that he wasn't a good finisher. Quite a big flaw for a striker though...

He wasn't a brilliant finisher, but his scoring record for us was one in every 2.8 games, which is a decent record.  Certainly good enough for a player who did a lot more for the team then just score goals.

The debt wont be held in the same place. The debt from the stadium makes up a proportion of that debt and is paid off each year from ticket sales. I doubt that will be touched. Other parts of the debt will be with the Northern Rock, who i presume we bank with. There may be other parts of the debt from elsewhere.

Imo, the debt with the bank will be paid off. Ashley has his own bankers.   

Now this may just be my memory going nuts, but is there not a payback or renegotiation clause on the stadium loan in the event of a change in ownership? Sure it was in an article about the US financier behind the deals.

I dont remember that story matt, i still think the analysis of the banking situation holds.

I heard that years ago, I have no idea if it's true.

My point is with people ie supporters who say "we are better off without Bellamy" when we clearly are not. The same people who supported this player when he played for us and realised how influential he was ?

So what exactly is their problem. What exactly is your problem ?

Are such people saying that he is a good player if he plays for Newcastle, and a s*** player if he plays for someone else ?

Staggering that this needs to be explained.

Well maybe they are just saying that Bellamy was a decent player but not a fantastic one? It's not so "staggering" really, most people have come to the same conclusion after a while!

Your point about Gazza and Beardsley perhaps has deeper significance than you realise. If you begin by asking yourself why 2 NUFC supporting local lads chose to leave the club for bigger clubs with more ambition, and a Welsh player with no affinity whatsoever didn't really want to leave the club........

Think about it.

I don't expect MICK to get involved in this, its far too complicated for him

mackems.gif

I get your point...that Fat fred was a step up from the fossils that preceded him. Once we move beyond time warp factor though, don't mention Bellamy in the same breath as Gascoigne or Beardsley or you'll just end up looking like a ewe in heat on a Welsh sheep farm. There is no comparison.

I would not mention Bellamy in the same breath as Gazza and Beardsley and neither would I mention Shepherd and Hall, NUFC's league positions, and qualifications for europe between the years 1992-2007 in the same breath either in comparison to the clubs "achivements" between the late 1950's and 1992, the directors, and qualification for europe either. Unlike MICK, who thinks it is all "just the same"

You can carry on making things up or presuming things if you like. It is pretty normal for some people to do this, it would seem.

What about the board in 1927? I think you missed that part and how it was linked to Bellamy being a good lad and a mediocre finisher. Care to elaborate?

What about the board in 1927 ?

Re Bellamy, if you are one of those who can't judge footballers and so resort to Championship manager type statistics, thats your misfortune. Even more so if you think being a nice lad is relevant to being a good footballer too. It will be interesting to see how people react to barton when he starts opening his mouth. I tell you something though, I expect those such as yourself who say there is no room at the club for such personalities to be pretty quiet though. Hypocrisy, and bad judgement if ever you saw it.

Re Bellamy, if you are one of those who can't judge footballers and so resort to Championship manager type statistics, thats your misfortune. Even more so if you think being a nice lad is relevant to being a good footballer too. It will be interesting to see how people react to barton when he starts opening his mouth. I tell you something though, I expect those such as yourself who say there is no room at the club for such personalities to be pretty quiet though. Hypocrisy, and bad judgement if ever you saw it.

I've got very little negative to say about Bellamy other than I don't think he was as bad as some people make him out to be while here, he was far from being perfect but also far from being the worst footballer when it comes to acting a prick.  He was accused of being a racist by some lass while he was regularly going to hospital to visit a young Asian lad who was terminally ill, it's funny that some people think a racist would bother to do that.

Bellamy was far from perfect but he wasn't half as bad as Bowyer, a player who seemed to be well liked, probably because he assaulted Dyer.

Footballers are roll-models to kids, like it or not but if Barton starts to act up then he'll deserve to get some stick and I don't care how well he plays, he represents the club so should have high standards.

Guest optimistic nit

everything negative that comes from barton is around the way people say he acted at citeh. i'm not sure he's said anything i've dissagreed with in the media, but a lot of reports of him acting out at citeh are a bit worrying, but we have fuck all knowlage as to what actually did go on. they could be all lies and exadurations for all we know.

everything negative that comes from barton is around the way people say he acted at citeh. i'm not sure he's said anything i've dissagreed with in the media, but a lot of reports of him acting out at citeh are a bit worrying, but we have fuck all knowlage as to what actually did go on. they could be all lies and exadurations for all we know.

Jesus man is your spelling bad or what :lol:

I've got very little negative to say about Bellamy other than I don't think he was as bad as some people make him out to be while here, he was far from being perfect but also far from being the worst footballer when it comes to acting a prick.  He was accused of being a racist by some lass while he was regularly going to hospital to visit a young Asian lad who was terminally ill, it's funny that some people think a racist would bother to do that.

Bellamy was far from perfect but he wasn't half as bad as Bowyer, a player who seemed to be well liked, probably because he assaulted Dyer.

Footballers are roll-models to kids, like it or not but if Barton starts to act up then he'll deserve to get some stick and I don't care how well he plays, he represents the club so should have high standards.

I agree with most of what you say, but my point is I don't understand people who change their opinions about players when they move to other clubs.

Its just plain daft.

There are far too many people accused of being racists for nothing by stupid people.

I won't be pleased if Barton stubs a fag in somones eye again, apart from Souness if he was here, but I'm not bothered in the slightest if he stands up and tells people to their face they are letting people down or demanding high standards [which is something Craig Bellamy also used to do] so long as he himself is performing on the pitch.

Jesus man is your spelling bad or what :lol:

he can't spell optimistic newt either, have you noticed  :coolsmiley:

My point is with people ie supporters who say "we are better off without Bellamy" when we clearly are not. The same people who supported this player when he played for us and realised how influential he was ?

Are such people saying that he is a good player if he plays for Newcastle, and a s*** player if he plays for someone else ?

Your point about Gazza and Beardsley perhaps has deeper significance than you realise. If you begin by asking yourself why 2 NUFC supporting local lads chose to leave the club for bigger clubs with more ambition, and a Welsh player with no affinity whatsoever didn't really want to leave the club........

Think about it.

mackems.gif

I get your point...that Fat fred was a step up from the fossils that preceded him. Once we move beyond time warp factor though, don't mention Bellamy in the same breath as Gascoigne or Beardsley or you'll just end up looking like a ewe in heat on a Welsh sheep farm. There is no comparison.

I would not mention Bellamy in the same breath as Gazza and Beardsley and neither would I mention Shepherd and Hall, NUFC's league positions, and qualifications for europe between the years 1992-2007 in the same breath either in comparison to the clubs "achivements" between the late 1950's and 1992, the directors, and qualification for europe either. Unlike MICK, who thinks it is all "just the same"

You can carry on making things up or presuming things if you like. It is pretty normal for some people to do this, it would seem.

What about the board in 1927? I think you missed that part and how it was linked to Bellamy being a good lad and a mediocre finisher. Care to elaborate?

Actually I prefer mouthy players to nice lads like Rob Lee. If you have actually read anything I've been saying, then it might register. For the record: Bellamy is a good player with good attributes, but not a natural finisher which is a big weakness for a forward in my book. The reason I mentioned Beardsley and Gascoigne (hardly a role model either!) was because they had immaculate end product. Whether it was a killer pass, a well judged free kick or a smooth finish, they invariably produced when it mattered.

Players like these are worth fretting over. If you want to have a w*** over the likes of Bellamy, which you have done for the past two years, then it says more about your judgement of a footballer than mine. 

Think about it.

mackems.gif

Actually I prefer mouthy players to nice lads like Rob Lee. If you have actually read anything I've been saying, then it might register. For the record: Bellamy is a good player with good attributes, but not a natural finisher which is a big weakness for a forward in my book. The reason I mentioned Beardsley and Gascoigne (hardly a role model either!) was because they had immaculate end product. Whether it was a killer pass, a well judged free kick or a smooth finish, they invariably produced when it mattered.

Players like these are worth fretting over. If you want to have a w*** over the likes of Bellamy, which you have done for the past two years, then it says more about your judgement of a footballer than mine. 

If you've read anything I've been saying, you will see that I don't give a shite if a player is mouthy or not. It's what they do on the field that counts. I've made this point since day 1, and nobody asked you to jump in with irrelevant comments .

WTF has Gazza, Beardsley, and the board of 1927 got to do with anything to do with Craig Bellamy ?

The simple FACTS are that NUFC had a mid table team with no penetration, no pace, going nowhere. Craig Bellamy and Laurent Robert transformed this team into a team that finished 4th, 3rd and 5th in the premiership, by providing the qualities they were missing. Fact. Particularly Craig Bellamy. If you are aware of the facts, they are that with 7 games to go we had crept into an outside chance of winning the title until Craig Bellamy was injured, then quickly dropped out of it too.

Suddenly a manager comes along, and says we are better off without these 2 players. Cue a load of idiots believing the manager, and cue also the team falling back to being a mid table team lacking penetration, invention, pace, and going nowhere.

If YOU don't see this and the impact these players had on NUFC, there is only one person who would appear to be unable to judge footballers.

While this is hardly w**k material, the stupid comment you have made when you said this, shows your intellect and childishness. It would appear that by doing this you are one of the stupid people who believed Souness when he said we would be better off without these players, and despite alll the evidence and results to the contrary, still believe it. Like many others too.

Then you trot out these absurd Championship Manager statistics to try and back up your argument. Seriously, I think if you line of thinking is on those lines, you would be better off sticking with it as the real game is obviously beyond you.

It may possibly occur to you, that people who understand that we miss the likes of Craig Bellamy on the field, still go on about it for the simple reason that he still hasn't been replaced ? If you think differently, please tell us how our league positions and general level of performance have dipped so much ?

When he and Robert are replaced, this will probably die away, although I'm sure you know best when you imply that we have replaced them successfully despite dropping down the league since they left.

Bellamy was a great player for us, I can't believe people would ever deny that. Yes he had attitude problems but he was such a good player that it was worth putting up with him. Bobby Robson says that himself in his book...If a manager is good then they should be able to handle these "personalities" so they can produce on the pitch, not take the easy option like Souness did and shift the guy out. Long and short of it is that Bellamy was a fantastic player for us with a large attitude problem, but he always gave 100% and was worth puttting up with. Having said all that I wouldn't take him back now, we have enough strikers and I'm not convinved he's ever going to be the same player he was for us back in the Robson era.

If Bellamy was a "great player" would he really have ended up at West Ham? He was part of a good team under SBR, and had undoubted qualities, but the bone-headed appointment of Souness changed a lot of things to be sure. Still doesn't change the fact that Bellamy is not worth having a two year wank over. Get over it and move on is my advice.

Bellamy changes clubs the way other people change their underwear

It's quite clear he carries a lot of baggage and that so far every manager he's been with ahs been glad to see the back of him

pity because he has genuine talent but you get both th poisonous shit and the gifted footballer in the same nasty little package - and people can't work with him

Guest optimistic nit

It's quite clear he carries a lot of baggage and that so far every manager he's been with ahs been glad to see the back of him

pity because he has genuine talent but you get both th poisonous shit and the gifted footballer in the same nasty little package - and people can't work with him

this thing of him changing clubs a lot.

Coventry- got relegated, signed by newcastle

Newcastle- Doing well, till souness forced him out

Celtic- On loan, decided at the end he would rather stay in the EPL

Blackburn- Was there a year, did well, hughes liked him, decided to move to liverpool, his boyhood club, and a big club.

Liverpool- struggled there, was played out of position, couldn't be guarenteed a starting place and with the arrival of torres and voronin was obviously going to leave.

Liverpool are the only club since newcastle where craig bellamy the person has been a factor in him leaving, and he would have probably stayed, if it wasn't for torres and voronin. only one incident on a golf course that i remember while he was there.

Its not too bad when you look at it is it. Its not like he fell out with all 4 managers. he fell out with souness and rafa. Hughes and O'Neill liked him.

Blackburn- Was there a year, did well, hughes liked him, decided to move to liverpool, his boyhood club, and a big club.

Liverpool- struggled there, was played out of position, couldn't be guarenteed a starting place and with the arrival of torres and voronin was obviously going to leave.

Liverpool are the only club since newcastle where craig bellamy the person has been a factor in him leaving, and he would have probably stayed, if it wasn't for torres and voronin. only one incident on a golf course that i remember while he was there.

Its not too bad when you look at it is it. Its not like he fell out with all 4 managers. he fell out with souness and rafa. Hughes and O'Neill liked him.

Well, that's the rose-coloured view. At Coventry he left a lot of people pissed off with him -- I remember Cov supporters had a joke about a Bellamy doll which went down when you touched its knee.

At Newcastle he fell out with a hell of lot more people than just Souness -- and it was still his choice to react to Souness the way he did. Going on TV to call the manager a liar was not the act of someone who wanted to stay at the club. And the long catalogue of mad incidents preceding that seems to have been conveniently forgotten by the Bellamy fans.

At Blackburn he had the kind of release clause for which everyone is now slagging Owen off.

At Liverpool, apart from falling out with Benitez and going at one of his team-mates with a fucking golf club, for christ's sake, he was also obviously just not good enough.

At West Ham? I'll give him a season before he somehow fucks up again.

Well, that's the rose-coloured view. At Coventry he left a lot of people pissed off with him -- I remember Cov supporters had a joke about a Bellamy doll which went down when you touched its knee.

At Newcastle he fell out with a hell of lot more people than just Souness -- and it was still his choice to react to Souness the way he did. Going on TV to call the manager a liar was not the act of someone who wanted to stay at the club. And the long catalogue of mad incidents preceding that seems to have been conveniently forgotten by the Bellamy fans.

oh aye, of course, you backed Souness didn't you, all the way in fact.

Think about it.

mackems.gif

If you've read anything I've been saying, you will see that I don't give a s**** if a player is mouthy or not. It's what they do on the field that counts. I've made this point since day 1, and nobody asked you to jump in with irrelevant comments .

WTF has Gazza, Beardsley, and the board of 1927 got to do with anything to do with Craig Bellamy ?

The simple FACTS are that NUFC had a mid table team with no penetration, no pace, going nowhere. Craig Bellamy and Laurent Robert transformed this team into a team that finished 4th, 3rd and 5th in the premiership, by providing the qualities they were missing. Fact. Particularly Craig Bellamy. If you are aware of the facts, they are that with 7 games to go we had crept into an outside chance of winning the title until Craig Bellamy was injured, then quickly dropped out of it too.

Suddenly a manager comes along, and says we are better off without these 2 players. Cue a load of idiots believing the manager, and cue also the team falling back to being a mid table team lacking penetration, invention, pace, and going nowhere.

If YOU don't see this and the impact these players had on NUFC, there is only one person who would appear to be unable to judge footballers.

While this is hardly w**k material, the stupid comment you have made when you said this, shows your intellect and childishness. It would appear that by doing this you are one of the stupid people who believed Souness when he said we would be better off without these players, and despite alll the evidence and results to the contrary, still believe it. Like many others too.

Then you trot out these absurd Championship Manager statistics to try and back up your argument. Seriously, I think if you line of thinking is on those lines, you would be better off sticking with it as the real game is obviously beyond you.

It may possibly occur to you, that people who understand that we miss the likes of Craig Bellamy on the field, still go on about it for the simple reason that he still hasn't been replaced ? If you think differently, please tell us how our league positions and general level of performance have dipped so much ?

When he and Robert are replaced, this will probably die away, although I'm sure you know best when you imply that we have replaced them successfully despite dropping down the league since they left.

Are you saying we still would have been a top team if Robert and Bellamy has stayed? Even with Souness and Roeder as our managers?

The reason we fell behind was the previous boards inability to employ a decent manager, instead opting for 2 of the worst managers the Premiership has seen.

As for not replacing them, we replaced Bellamy with Owen and Robert with Duff, two players you were happy with when we signed them, Owen's injuries have meant he's hardly played but he's a far better player than Bellamy ever will be.

Think about it.

mackems.gif

If you've read anything I've been saying, you will see that I don't give a s**** if a player is mouthy or not. It's what they do on the field that counts. I've made this point since day 1, and nobody asked you to jump in with irrelevant comments .

Are you saying we still would have been a top team if Robert and Bellamy has stayed? Even with Souness and Roeder as our managers?

The reason we fell behind was the previous boards inability to employ a decent manager, instead opting for 2 of the worst managers the Premiership has seen.

As for not replacing them, we replaced Bellamy with Owen and Robert with Duff, two players you were happy with when we signed them, Owen's injuries have meant he's hardly played but he's a far better player than Bellamy ever will be.

Well although Souness is an absolute arsehole, there are plenty of managers just as bad, Roeder was an improvement but was eventually found not up to it. Lots of clubs have appointed managers with the same end result, so i don't think he is one of the worst managers there has even been. NUFC alone have had worse, far worse, in my time, without restricting it to the premiership.

I think that Newcastle would be a better team now if Bellamy was here, so thats an absolute no brainer. Robert gave good years to the club, the crime ref him was letting him go for nothing, and not making sure he was adequately replaced first too. But that is what shit managers tend to do, especially ones who think they have improved the club on the basis of having a "happy" dressing room and taking no notice of the results on the pitch.

By "happy", this claim no doubt proved its truth in the fight between Dyer and Bowyer on the pitch, a result of a manager spreading and encouraging a confrontational attitude among his players. They say that teams reflect the manager's personality, I think that is true, and this incident was merely an offshoot and a result of Souness' management style. 

pity because he has genuine talent but you get both th poisonous s*** and the gifted footballer in the same nasty little package - and people can't work with him

not exactly Bobbie Charlton or Alan Sheraer tho is it?

Most clubs got shot of him as soon as they could