The world's top 50 footballers

Dokko

That doesn't count for anything. Ask Pele who the best player in the world is and he'll point to bloody Nicky Butt or some other stupid choice.

Didn't he put Emre in his list of the 100 greatest players of all time or something?

I'm basing it on the last year, in which Ronaldinho has gone down hill dramatically and Kaka and Ronaldo both had fantastic seasons.

In the big games Ronaldinho dissapears, against Chelsea, Liverpool and Real Madrid last year he did nothing, add that to the world cup and champions league final and i don't know how he deserves to be called the best player in the world. People were arguing last year who was the best player in the world Kaka or Ronaldinho - Kaka has long since past him now.

Load of shite, tbh.

Ronaldinho went way down hill?  Yeah, only managed 23 goals last season, what a joke!  And remember Eto'o and Messi were out for some time, he was basically carrying the attack on his own during that time.

Aye, Diego Forlan had a poor season and got 19 in the league... playing upfront for Barca you'd expect goals but to be the best player in the world you need to do it when it matters.

Barca played 11 games against Valencia, Chelsea, Liverpool, Madrid and Sevilla last year and only won 3 i think, one against Sevilla once against Valencia and the consolation win against liverpool. Where was the 'best player in the world'?

I'm basing it on the last year, in which Ronaldinho has gone down hill dramatically and Kaka and Ronaldo both had fantastic seasons.

In the big games Ronaldinho dissapears, against Chelsea, Liverpool and Real Madrid last year he did nothing, add that to the world cup and champions league final and i don't know how he deserves to be called the best player in the world. People were arguing last year who was the best player in the world Kaka or Ronaldinho - Kaka has long since past him now.

Load of s****, tbh.

Ronaldinho went way down hill?  Yeah, only managed 23 goals last season, what a joke!  And remember Eto'o and Messi were out for some time, he was basically carrying the attack on his own during that time.

You've got to remember people are still judging the lad from his dismal world cup performance. Ronaldinho was outstanding last season but because the media are over the initial  hype of the lad and don't continue their extensive coverage of him people assume he's gone down hill.

Great player carry teams in the world cup but the best of player couldn't have carried the piss poor Brazil during the world cup. Many of their players looked fatigued, no doubt due to being grueling domestic campaigns and the high expectation back home. People saw a tired, under-cooked Ronaldinho during the world cup and decided rightly or wrongly he could never be one of the all time greats because he couldn't perform on the international stage .

Fast forward to the beginning of the new domestic campaign and the hype regarding the new golden boy of football had died down. Barcelona had suffered crippling injuries and weren't performing as fluently as usual. Despite grabbing twenty three goals and carrying Barcelona for lengthy spells of the season people assumed because Ronaldinho wasn't in the media spot light as much and was playing in a under performing Barcelona side that he had carried on his form from the world cup and began to talk about the stars of tomorrow such as Kaka and Messi.

Kaka best player in the world no doubt, he helps the team so massively with his vision. technique and explosivity. Hes faster then anyone he has a great vision and precision where he can cut defences with just a beautiful pass from the fucking bench if he wants to. Hes aBSOLUTELY  class! Ronaldinho hasnt had the best season tbf, he has scored many goals but he has not been training well and been more into his contract then game. C.Ronaldo great player no doubt but cant be compared to Messi, Ronaldinho or Kaka at the moment. These 3 are just enormous and so is Henry if he can keep himself fit.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Just the right time to snap him up on the cheap then!

Blatantly gggg doesn't watch la liga. Next season Ronaldinho will be bettter again.

Guest kingdawson

25. Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham Hotspur)

He has the body of a bruiser and the touch of a virtuoso. And he looks like hell only get better. One of the more athletic big men on this list.

Missed that :lol:

The "body of a bruiser" bit is laughable but the rest of it is spot on imo.

He has the body of a bruiser and the touch of a virtuoso. And he looks like hell only get better. One of the more athletic big men on this list.

Ok, serious question. Do you think he should of been 25th on that list? Higher? Lower?

Guest kingdawson

Ok, serious question. Do you think he should of been 25th on that list? Higher? Lower?

Think its about right tbh.

Guest brewer

........Eto'o

Ronny...Kaka..Ronaldo

....Essien..Pirlo..

Cole..Ferdinand..Nesta..Ramos

.......Buffon....

I'd go with that.

imo :thup:

........Eto'o

Ronny...Kaka..Ronaldo

....Essien..Pirlo..

Cole..Ferdinand..Nesta..Ramos

.......Buffon....

I'd go with that.

imo :thup:

Confused what you mean with that? The ones in bold are the one who deserves to be there? or other way around? And please people its C.Ronaldo, cause the real Ronaldo will stun the worldnext season when hes inshape!

Guest cupiddstunt

Thought it was a decent list tbh. Some of the stuff written (like the Berbatov thing :lol:) was utter s*** but at least he's tried to justify most of his choices and well, for the most part, I can see where he's coming from.

I know this is all subjective but IMO he has Berbatov just about right,  he can bump and bang with all the big defenders and doesn't complain too much, and has real silky skills he is a real pleasure to watch.

As for Ronaldinho well he goes awal far too often in games to be rated the best or in this case the second best in the world, again IMO the best footballers are the ones that give you effort even when they are not playing well, their touch might be a little off in a game but hey still graft for the team and Ronaldinho is  not one of them. 

Thought it was a decent list tbh. Some of the stuff written (like the Berbatov thing :lol:) was utter s*** but at least he's tried to justify most of his choices and well, for the most part, I can see where he's coming from.

I know this is all subjective but IMO he has Berbatov just about right,  he can bump and bang with all the big defenders and doesn't complain too much, and has real silky skills he is a real pleasure to watch.

As for Ronaldinho well he goes awal far too often in games to be rated the best or in this case the second best in the world, again IMO the best footballers are the ones that give you effort even when they are not playing well, their touch might be a little off in a game but hey still graft for the team and Ronaldinho is  not one of them. 

I agree Berbatov's rank is okay (well, justifiable) but he does not have a body like a bruiser, which was something that actually made me laugh out loud.

Guest brewer

IMO the best footballers are the ones that give you effort even when they are not playing well, their touch might be a little off in a game but hey still graft for the team and Ronaldinho is  not one of them. 

Is Kaka, or Ronaldo, or Riquelme, or Henry, or Totti?