Kieran Richardson - stupidest man in football???

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Guest Urban Fox

For the first time in years I can name 2 of their players off the top of my head!

Who was sunderland's last big signing - anyone know? (Like current england international (not squad wannabe) or someone other than Flo who cost over £10 million?)

And was Micheal Gray really their last england international???

Wasn't Gavin McCann their last international?

I'm not sure, He played in Sven's first game against Spain.  But I also know Phillips played against Holland in Amsterdam where Vassell took the ball right off his foot to score, but I can't remember who Phillips played for at the time, may well have been Southampton or Villa.

I cracked up when I heard him say that.  There is no way Sunderland will qualify for european football this season.  Mid-table would be a good acheivement this season.  And then we build from there.

Mid-table, you lot are getting relegated.

I'm not confident, and I did say it would be an achievment to get mid-table.  But while normally I'd be 100% certain that we are going down, there are so many poor teams next season that we might just escape relegation.

You're also right about the amount of poor teams next season. There's a few who are going through transition who will have patchy seasons and bad performances scattered about and then there's Derby, Wigan, Birmingham, Fulham, and possibly Reading if they get "second season" syndrome, although that's purely basing it on previous teams like Ipswich, I kept expecting Reading to trail off last season and they just didn't, so who knows.

You're also right about the amount of poor teams next season. There's a few who are going through transition who will have patchy seasons and bad performances scattered about and then there's Derby, Wigan, Birmingham, Fulham, and possibly Reading if they get "second season" syndrome, although that's purely basing it on previous teams like Ipswich, I kept expecting Reading to trail off last season and they just didn't, so who knows.

For da drop.

Wasn't Gavin McCann their last international?

I'm not sure, He played in Sven's first game against Spain.  But I also know Phillips played against Holland in Amsterdam where Vassell took the ball right off his foot to score, but I can't remember who Phillips played for at the time, may well have been Southampton or Villa.

I cracked up when I heard him say that.  There is no way Sunderland will qualify for european football this season.  Mid-table would be a good acheivement this season.  And then we build from there.

Mid-table, you lot are getting relegated. :tard: :tard: :tard:

I'm not confident, and I did say it would be an achievement to get mid-table.  But while normally I'd be 100% certain that we are going down, there are so many poor teams next season that we might just escape relegation.

You really make it hard for me to hate the club you support. Actually, you just make it really hard for me to hate you.  For your sake, mate, I think you'll stay up.  I can't say "hope", because I'll throw up in my mouth.  :undecided:

One of my best mates is a mackem and he's the soundest lad you could ever meet, but the sheer delusion that pours from his mouth about Sunderland is incredible. Despite being relegated in the most humiliating circumstances the past two times they've been promoted, he still thinks it's going to be a cakewalk cos' they've got Quinn and some dog-fucker.

Guest WalkervilleMag

think he got his words a little mixed up. He said Sunderland should aim for the "Championship league"

Suprised people dont have Fulham down there? Reading will struggle aswell, especially if they dont get anyone else in this summer.

I named both :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

I think Wigan and Derby are racing certainties which gives Sunderland a fair chance of staying up imo.

to be honest wigan really shouldn't be certaintes, but Dave Whelan shows such astounding lack of ambition its absolutely, well, astounding.

aye, they'll get nowhere with 1-0 wins eh

there going to get Gordon as well, I think a few people are in for a shock

There're going straight back down.

They've signed nobody to set the Premiership on fire !! They are fools by paying 5.5m for Chopra

What's your starting XI looking like at the minute safc?

I reckon it'll be something like this (but you can never tell with Keane):

Ward

Halford

Collins/Wallace

Nosworthy/Varga  :frantic:

Anderson

Edwards

Richardson

Whitehead

Etuhu

Chopra

Murphy

Obviously not Premiership class, but team spirit may see us at least beat 19 points.  And who knows, especially with how poor the bottom half does look, may be even enough to get 17th if we get in another striker, centre back and left back. Not asking much is it?

Luckly we have a sort of strength in depth in midfield, with some decent-ish players.  Whitehead, Kavanagh, Yorke, Liam Miller, Richardson, Leadbitter, Edwards, Hysen, Wallace and Etuhu, all fighting for 4/5 places.  Just everywhere else on the we're shite tbh. 

Guest optimistic nit

just seen it. reminds me of that scene from the office where Brent offers Dawn an insane amount of money just to carry his bags and tries to backtrack :lol: idiot.

so we get a new chairman, new manager, new signings, and we won't do the same as last season, but sunderland get a new chairman, new manager, new signings, and they will do the same? hows that work then?

's a fair point.

Plus, Vic was never going to let such an obvious example of hypocrisy fly by.

There was no hypocrisy there.

Obviously not Premiership class, but team spirit may see us at least beat 19 points.  And who knows, especially with how poor the bottom half does look, may be even enough to get 17th if we get in another striker, centre back and left back. Not asking much is it?

There's no chance at all of just over 19 points keeping you up, you'll have to beat 30 to have any hope.  The lowest ever is 34 points, but survival is usually around 40.

Guest optimistic nit

There's no chance at all of just over 19 points keeping you up, you'll have to beat 30 to have any hope.  The lowest ever is 34 points, but survival is usually around 40.

:lol:

we have a ridzuan moment here.