Sam has high hopes for......

Skirge

Yes its a Dyer thread. :D

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=allardyce-has-high-hopes-for-toon-flier-dyer%26method=full%26objectid=19472887%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Allardyce has high hopes for Toon flier Dyer

Jul 18 2007

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

SAM ALLARDYCE is looking to Kieron Dyer to be a major force with Newcastle United next season.

The word from the training ground is that the England international has been flying in his pre-season work, and the little midfielder looked sharp again in last night’s 3-1 victory at Hartlepool in United’s first work-out.

And after the game when I suggested Dyer had looked quite lively Allardyce quipped: “When has Kieron Dyer never looked sharp? He has the quickest feet in the game and he has the sharpest touch on the ball I have ever seen.

“And, touch wood, he is now over some of the injury problems he has had and the more he plays the better he will get.

“He is now at the right age as a footballer to become a major force, not only with Newcastle United but with England as well.”

The 28-year-old Dyer has now been with United for eight years after Ruud Gullit paid £6m to bring him to St James’ Park from his home town club, Ipswich.

Despite all his injury problems, Dyer has exactly 250 appearance to his name as a United player, with 222 starts and 28 as a substitute.

And while he has never been a prolific scorer, Dyer nevertheless has 36 goals in a black-and-white shirt a total that is only better by Nobby Solano (48) and Shola Ameobi (46) of the current staff.

Last season was important for Dyer after all his hamstring problems, and his tally of seven goals was his best in one season for United.

However, this season is going to be even more important for Dyer, and United fans can only hope that the problems the England international has had both on and off the field are now all in the past.

Dyer has been linked with a move to Spurs, but this was always going to be difficult because it will be tough for him to get insured with his history of injuries.

And talk that he might be asked to play at right-back will perhaps not have gone down well with Dyer.

He actually started off on the right wing at Hartlepool last night, but looked a lot happier and effective when he switched inside after the interval.

Honestly hope that this lad comes round and lives up to his potential.  No doubt had it too easy before with previous regimes, but fingers crossed, with a bit luck and finally some professionalism behind the scenes could bring a lot more out of NUFC under performers.

Yeah, know what yours saying......  BUT    imo NUFC have been a joke behind the scene for years now.  We have taken some class players and ruined them, only for them to be transfered and start playing well again.  Cant be a coincidence can it?

'And while he has never been a prolific scorer, Dyer nevertheless has 36 goals in a black-and-white shirt a total that is only better by Nobby Solano (48) and Shola Ameobi (46) of the current staff.'

Oh, well. There you fucking go, then.

Dyer looked sharp against 'Pool, I really hope he'll be a big player for us this year. I don't see why anyone would hope otherwise.

I I hope he has a good season for us but at the end of the day the lad has had so many false dawns its unreal.  Artciles like the above I tend not to pay much attention to. 

Dyer looked sharp against 'Pool, I really hope he'll be a big player for us this year. I don't see why anyone would hope otherwise.

So what's he been doing the last 8 years? Even if Dyer turns a corner I'll still hate the cunt for the last 8 years of fuck all.

Hopefully he has a great start to the season and keeps injury free, where we can then offload him in the jan window for a massive fee.

That's my hope for Dyer this season.

I I hope he has a good season for us but at the end of the day the lad has had so many false dawns its unreal.  Artciles like the above I tend not to pay much attention to. 

Fair enough, I know what you mean... just hopefully Sam's fitness regime can keep him fit - and having some decent goalscorers to play with can't hurt either.

So what's he been doing the last 8 years? Even if Dyer turns a corner I'll still hate  the cunt for the last 8 years of fuck all.

I'm not making excuses for him, I know he hasn't done the business so far. But I do think a lot is down to injuries and the horrible teams he's been a part of can't have helped.

I suppose in the last 8 years he's earned a number of England caps, played in the Champions League, and been generally more successful than 90% of English footballers. I know he's never really set the world alight for us, but not as bad as some people are saying.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

pay him off and get rid i still say, the guys a pric* we all know it, he is a bad influence, always has been, always will b, bellamy was less of a prob tbh

Guest Morph

I've already included him in various fantasy football teams for the coming season.

Kieron, I choose you!

http://www.geocities.com/pokejuego/ash/ash_pokeball2.jpg

He's a player overrated by the media, underrated by many on here IMO.

I hope he stays injury free more than anything. The last time he gave us a full season he was a very handy player as we finished 3rd. If he stays fit throughout the season (big IF but he looks like he's getting there and Big Sam's techniques might help him) then I'm confident he'll be a decent, important member of the squad.

Dyer when confident and fit (and used correctly) can be a very useful creative player, hopefully Sam will get the best out of him. But yeah, he's underrated on here simply because it seems like he's a horribly overpaid underworked cunt, which he probably is. So it's understandable that it'll take time for people to change their opinion on the lad.

We have to have faith in Big Sam, no one thought Dyer would play many games last season when he came back, but he did and he DID make a difference. I am sure Sam will be able to keep him fit and find the right role for him, even if its as a super sub, the last thing you want as a defender if a player like Dyer with bags of pace coming on with 20 mins to go.

Some of the stuff posted on here though :lol: want him to have a fantastic 1st half to the season then sell him. :lol: how daft is that, Owns scored 15 goals by January, quick sell him. You do not sell your best players. Fair enough if Dyer has had a stinker by the time January comes around, then sell him for what ever we can get and get shot of a big wage. How ever if he is playing well and getting a regular spot in the team then surly that makes him a must keep player..

Guest WalkervilleMag

if we had only have taken the £20 million Leeds allegedy offered us a few years ago for him.

Guest David Kelly

Everyone forgets how important Dyer was for us when we were a top five side.  Yes there were always question marks over his final ball and finishing but he was still putting in good performances.

It's easy to dislike him as a person but if he can play as well as did under Robson he will be a very usefull player to have in our team let alone squad.

if Dyer has had a stinker by the time January comes around, then sell him for what ever we can get and get shot of a big wage. How ever if he is playing well and getting a regular spot in the team then surly that makes him a must keep player..

The cynical amongst us would want to quit while we are ahead (and get some £££) before he ruptures his neck or whatever