Owen out for 10 days - Thigh Strain in training.

Dragon55544

Article

Chronicle Sport News

BREAKING NEWS: Owen out for friendly

Jul 20 2007

By Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Newcastle United striker Michael Owen was today ruled out of tomorrow’s trip to Carlisle.

Owen was hurt in a shooting exercise in training and retired with a thigh injury.

The former Real Madrid player is now expected back for the upcoming friendly with Juventus.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=breaking-news-owen-out-for-friendly%26method=full%26objectid=19486855%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Article

Chronicle Sport News

BREAKING NEWS: Owen out for friendly

Jul 20 2007

By Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Newcastle United striker Michael Owen was today ruled out of tomorrows trip to Carlisle.

Owen was hurt in a shooting exercise in training and retired with a thigh injury.

The former Real Madrid player is now expected back for the upcoming friendly with Juventus.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=breaking-news-owen-out-for-friendly%26method=full%26objectid=19486855%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Is this going to be another season where we've got more chance of seeing an own goal than an Owen goal?

MICHAEL Owen will sit out of Newcastle United's trip to Carlisle on Saturday after picking up a thigh injury in training.

The 27-year-old suffered a slight thigh strain on Friday and is expected to be sidelined for seven to ten days.

Magpies boss Sam Allardyce told nufc.co.uk: "Michael has picked up a slight thigh injury during shooting practice.

"As a precautionary measure he won't play at Carlisle and will probably miss the Celtic game, but he should be fit to face Juventus."

.cock

It's a strain and nothing to worry about ffs!

End of the world tbf... but seriously I think people are wondering if this is a sign of things to come I mean he has missed virtually all of the 2 seasons he's been here and getting injured again (no matter how minor) doesn't look good.

:lol:

I don't know why but this just threw me into a fit of laughter. I guess it is so unbelievable yet so typical and so predictable that all you can do is laugh. We better not let Martins out of our sight because Owen just cannot be relied upon. This is just chocking ...

I feel quite sad now  :( guess its sinking in. During a freakin' shooting exercise for goodness sake. Is the man made of paper or what? freakin' Johnny Wilkinson of football or is Wilkinson the Owen of rugby. Aaaaaaaargh!!!

Now I'm just pissed off  :rant:

End of the world tbf... but seriously I think people are wondering if this is a sign of things to come I mean he has missed virtually all of the 2 seasons he's been here and getting injured again (no matter how minor) doesn't look good.

Yea i agree, Not only that but his pre-season will be disturbed now. I wanted all our players to be fully fit and ready for the new season. Its very important that we can keep Oba because Owen will always have these little injuries

:lol:

I don't know why but this just threw me into a fit of laughter. I guess it is so unbelievable yet so typical and so predictable that all you can do is laugh. We better not let Martins out of our sight because Owen just cannot be relied upon. This is just chocking ...

I feel quite sad now  :( guess its sinking in. During a freakin' shooting exercise for goodness sake. Is the man made of paper or what? freakin' Johnny Wilkinson of football or is Wilkinson the Owen of rugby. Aaaaaaaargh!!!

Now I'm just pissed off  :rant:

It is a classic pre-season injury. Thigh strains and calf strains are common there's probably a dozen pro's right now with the same injury we only hear about it cause it's Owen.

I see what you're saying, but it is still irritating as it is still going to cost him two games. If the season had started these would be two games we would be without our top striker. It's definitely frustrating.

It's funny because when I saw his interview on Sky Sports yesterday and he was talking about not feeling guilty because he has only played 13 games for us in two years, it all made me feel a bit nervous. It's like he was tempting fate with that kind of talk.

I see what you're saying, but it is still irritating as it is still going to cost him two games. If the season had started these would be two games we would be without our top striker. It's definitely frustrating.

It's funny because when I saw his interview on Sky Sports yesterday and he was talking about not feeling guilty because he has only played 13 games for us in two years, it all made me feel a bit nervous. It's like he was tempting fate with that kind of talk.

See NSG's post.

It is a classic pre-season injury. Thigh strains and calf strains are common there's probably a dozen pro's right now with the same injury we only hear about it cause it's Owen.

How many of those other players do you think will have played less games than Owen over the last 2 years?

If it was any other player then I'd agree, Owen must have a worse games played ratio than Dyer, we can't rely on him and if he's going to be a big part of our plans then we're going to be fairly dissapointed.

The "classic pre-season injury" is also a classic Owen injury.

See NSG's post.

Yeah but hasn't Owen been constantly working on his lower body all through his rehabilitation and since he has been back. Wasn't he just recently talking about how he hasn't really had a break and he is as fit and strong as he has ever been? I'm not trying to wind anyone up or be a pain but I honestly think he is just one of those guys that will always pick up injuries. Even when they are not major ones, it will always be little ones here and there adding up to around 10 odd games a season being missed.

See NSG's post.

Yeah but hasn't Owen been constantly working on his lower body all through his rehabilitation and since he has been back. Wasn't he just recently talking about how he hasn't really had a break and he is as fit and strong as he has ever been? I'm not trying to wind anyone up or be a pain but I honestly think he is just one of those guys that will always pick up injuries. Even when they are not major ones, it will always be little ones here and there adding up to around 10 odd games a season being missed.

I take your concerns onbaord however the main problem with Owen is that he started top flight football too early and played too many games in his teens and for that alone he will pick up ongoing injuries. But he is the best finisher in the PL without a doubt.

I take your concerns onbaord however the main problem with Owen is that he started top flight football too early and played too many games in his teens and for that alone he will pick up ongoing injuries. But he is the best finisher in the PL without a doubt.

What you've said is true but that's no good when he's sitting in the stands, Woodgate was the same.  The best defender I've ever seen at Newcastle but totally useless when not fit.

this is another bad sign even if its only a minor injury

Owen is a massive player for this club but i dont think he will stay fit for most of the season