Newcastle 4 - 1 Celtic (friendly) - Post match thoughts from page 29

Karjala
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Only two new signings on display, no Owen, no Taylor, no Emre... it's not exactly a thrilling prospect anymore.

Since when was Emre an exciting prospect anyway?

I think we'll beat them comfortably.

Guest Darth Toon

Something like this I reckon (assuming the rumours about Dyer are true):

Harper

Carr - Rozehnal - Ramage - N'Zogbia

Solano

Geremi                Butt

Martins      Ameobi            Milner

F**king hell, we need to get some numbers in!!

Only two new signings on display, no Owen, no Taylor, no Emre... it's not exactly a thrilling prospect anymore.

Emre's more exciting than watching Butt, Dyer, Geremi or Solano playing central midfield, shirley?

Not about the result really, as we keep hearing. I was expecting more out of Big Sam's first home game, is all. Disappointed with Barton/Owen being crocked more than anything.

Emre's more exciting than watching Butt, Dyer, Geremi or Solano playing central midfield, shirley?

Not about the result really, as we keep hearing. I was expecting more out of Big Sam's first home game, is all. Disappointed with Barton/Owen being crocked more than anything.

Geremi is more skillful and an all round better player than Emre IMO.

The key being the "IMO" part, of course.

From my own personal perspective, I'm not as excited for the Celtic game because he's missing... along with the others I mentioned.

To get back to the subject of the thread:

I'll say we'll get around 28,000 in for the game, that we'll draw 1-1 and that this team will start (hopefully):

Given

Carr  Ramage  Rozehnal  N'Zogbia

Solano  Butt  Geremi  Dyer

Ameobi  Martins

I'd also hope to see something of Luque and Milner during the second-half in a potential formation-switch along with Andy Carroll.

Also, for those who keep using "----" in between players in formations, there is a "centre" option on posts as well (along from the B, I, U, S...) - to save you's some time.

Celtic always take any game against an English side very seriously. Doesn't seem to matter to them if it's pre-season or a testimonial, they'll be up for it.

Considering we're nursing a few knocks, I wouldn't be too surprised if we actually lost this one. :( 

The key being the "IMO" part, of course.

From my own personal perspective, I'm not as excited for the Celtic game because he's missing... along with the others I mentioned.

To get back to the subject of the thread:

I'll say we'll get around 28,000 in for the game, that we'll draw 1-1 and that this team will start (hopefully):

Given

Carr  Ramage  Rozehnal  N'Zogbia

Solano  Butt  Geremi  Dyer

Ameobi  Martins

I'd also hope to see something of Luque and Milner during the second-half in a potential formation-switch along with Andy Carroll.

Also, for those who keep using "----" in between players in formations, there is a "centre" option on posts as well (along from the B, I, U, S...) - to save you's some time.

Of cuse the IMO is key, otherwise I wouldn't have put it in. You'll struggle to find many people who rate Emre over Geremi.

And the centre function makes the midfield look too narrow there ;)

Agreed I'd like to see Luque and Milner have a half of so though.

Put more spaces in, then! I could only be arsed with the two in between each player :lol:

I'm not arsed about finding people who rate Emre over Geremi, I never challenged you on that, it's your opinion. I merely stated I'd be happier seeing him play CM than Geremi (who I'd prefer to see at RB/RW personally given the current circumstances.)

But if you're wanting to debate it, I'm not actually sure if I've seen enough of Geremi to make a decision either way on him and Emre, especially at central midfield. Would like to see how much he's actually played there for Chelsea/'Boro/Cameroon and even moreso at how many times you've seen him there with your own eyes to make the comparison between the two.

Put more spaces in, then! I could only be arsed with the two in between each player :lol:

I'm not arsed about finding people who rate Emre over Geremi, I never challenged you on that, it's your opinion. I merely stated I'd be happier seeing him play CM than Geremi (who I'd prefer to see at RB/RW personally given the current circumstances.)

But if you're wanting to debate it, I'm not actually sure if I've seen enough of Geremi to make a decision either way on him and Emre, especially at central midfield. Would like to see how much he's actually played there for Chelsea/'Boro/Cameroon and even moreso at how many times you've seen him there with your own eyes to make the comparison between the two.

Nah, nee time for a debate, got to get my lunch in before Neighbours. :lol:

Personally though, I'd want him in CM. The times I saw him when he was at Boro and Chelsea it quite easily looked his most effective position.

Although i'm all up for experimenting, after all it is pre season and it's the only time in the next year we can "mix it up" risk free.

Ramage played against Carlisle, you maniac. You might be thinking of Milner, who felt a twinge in the warm-up?

Those 7 you mention are definitely out and I suppose you could class the three above as "doubtful", along with Edgar, Dyer and Luque - for varying reasons.

I think the score will be 1-1 , and the squad i think that will play is:

Harper

Carr --roz-- taylor -- zog

Geremi --Sol--Dyer

Ameobi -- Carrol

martins

-------

Bench

--------

Krul

edgar

hunty

luque

baba

butt

Guest BooBoo

Could easily be more jocks than geordies out for this one.

Personally, i dont bother with friendlies very often, unless there's some new player making his bow. Sorry but Geremi and Rozehnal arent going to make me part with an extra £15.

Guest shearer_united

does anyone know the most convenient / fastest / easiest way of purchasing tickets to the celtic match this thursday. Ofcourse tickets for the home side and not sitting in the away section.

Edit: Currently i am in london.

Cheers,

does anyone know the most convenient / fastest / easiest way of purchasing tickets to the celtic match this thursday. Ofcourse tickets for the home side and not sitting in the away section.

Cheers,

Ring 0191 2611571

www.nufc.co.uk

Turn up and buy on the gate.

Take ya pick :thup:

Guest shearer_united

Cheers,

Ring 0191 2611571

www.nufc.co.uk

Thanks for the reply,

Will that guarantee me a ticket.. well actually me and my mates ( a few tickets) to the match even if it becomes crowded ?

Cheers,

Ring 0191 2611571

www.nufc.co.uk

Thanks for the reply,

Will that guarantee me a ticket.. well actually me and my mates ( a few tickets) to the match even if it becomes crowded ?

If you ring up you'll get seats together no problem. If you turn up on the day you should be ok all getting seats, not sureif they'll all be together, but you could probaly move to a quieter sction to sort it.

Celtic looked really poor against the MLS allstars and Chicago Fire so I think we'll win.

Throw into the fact they have a trans-atlantic flight as well, they should be f*****.

Ramage played against Carlisle, you maniac. You might be thinking of Milner, who felt a twinge in the warm-up?

Those 7 you mention are definitely out and I suppose you could class the three above as "doubtful", along with Edgar, Dyer and Luque - for varying reasons.

Ahh yes, its Milner I was thinking of.

I had Ramage on the brain