Newcastle 4 - 1 Celtic (friendly) - Post match thoughts from page 29

Karjala
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For Setanta, on the Sky Digital platform I mean. You knew that. ;)

Yeah I know :)  Anyway I think I will get this for a month.  Four Newcastle friendlies and whatever other Football, boxing ect is on that month is pretty good for £10.  Considering the fact that in the past I've paid up to £8 for one Newcastle match..

It'll be:

Harper

Carr    Rozehnal    Ramage    N'Zogbia

Solano

Butt          Geremi

Milner                            Martins

Carroll

or something like that

Guest Darth Toon

Latest from .com:

NUFC: Missing from the fray due to injury will be Babayaro, Duff, Emre, Barton and Owen, while Viduka has only just returned to the UK.

Given is expected to face his old club after missing out on Saturday, while Milner and Ameobi should also be in the reckoning.

Taylor may make his first appearance of pre-season at some point, although he could yet be held back for Sunday's Juventus game.

Rozehnal and Geremi are expected to make their first appearance on home soil for the club - in the latter's case his first return to SJP since scoring an OG for Chelsea at the Leazes end in May 2005.

As for Dyer - who knows?

Working in town don't know how many they bringing down they are everywhere, hundreds up by the gate, seen some scuffles outside Boots opp KFC, top big market few minutes ago, most bladderd already

Guest Toonie

FORMER Newcastle United captain Scott Parker could miss the start of the season after injuring his knee during West Ham's tour of Austria.

The 26-year-old will have intensive treatment and faces a race against time to make the Hammers' opening match of the season at home to Sven Goran Eriksson's Manchester City.

Parker left the Magpies for Upton Park this summer after two seasons on Tyneside.

the curse has stuck with him

Anyone in town? Many Celtic supporters knocking about?

Edit: he asks before noticing the post two up from this. :laugh2:

I've just been to Shearer's bar to get tickets for that Allardyce talk in.  Were a few Celtic fans there.

Guest dr_football

the game will be live on Al jazeera sport +1 channel..

excited about watching the first preseason game for me but sad we are missing barton! guess i have to wait a bit more to see him in our shirt.

Guest newcastle4life

Reckon about 30,000 will be the attendance might scrape a 3-2 win with Martins Nobby and Milner scoring but Celtic will probably take the game more seriously.

Reckon the team could be

Harper

Geremi    Rozehnal    Ramage    N'Zogbia

Milner    Solano    Butt          Luque

Caroll  Martins

Watch Friendlies LIVE on Newcastle World

NEWCASTLE United's friendlies with Celtic and Juventus will be streamed LIVE on Newcastle World.

Sam Allardyce's first home game in charge of the Magpies sees the Scottish champions travel down to St. James' Park on Thursday, July 26 (kick-off 7.45pm).

A big crowd is expected for the game, but if you cannot make it - or live away from the area - then you can see all the action as a Newcastle World subscriber.

And it will be the same on Sunday as Italian giants Juve are the visitors to Gallowgate.

Both this and the Juve game are being streamed live on World. Yay!

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1079476,00.html

Watch Friendlies LIVE on Newcastle World

NEWCASTLE United's friendlies with Celtic and Juventus will be streamed LIVE on Newcastle World.

Sam Allardyce's first home game in charge of the Magpies sees the Scottish champions travel down to St. James' Park on Thursday, July 26 (kick-off 7.45pm).

A big crowd is expected for the game, but if you cannot make it - or live away from the area - then you can see all the action as a Newcastle World subscriber.

And it will be the same on Sunday as Italian giants Juve are the visitors to Gallowgate.

No one cares :lol:, take a hint.

Thats pretty sweet for me, I can watch it at work! although I shouldnt..

Hope this is a tester for possibly showing more live matches in the future, reserve and academy games especially, obviously it will be a few years before any first team games can be shown.

Good signs though. Just have to download some software.

Why has the official site missed off our friendly up there in 2004. Im not amused.

Anyway, we had a delivery driver in before saying the A1 is chockablock with Celtic fans. Might be a few more down than was expected.