N'Zogbia best left back at the club? -Allardyce

Nobody

Thats because you haven't signed one you useless t***.

It has begun already. :D

It started ages ago with some.

Where as other's are happy to have blind faith and think it'll all fall into place.

You are right, much better just to get the hump now rather than waiting to see what actually happens.  :frantic:

I don't think there's anything wrong with showing concern at the current situation, still if I hadn't just forked out £500 and my only contribution to the club was posting on a message board then I'd be more relaxed about the situation too.

Can see the NE5/HTL mentality is starting to rub off on you, Super!

FYI I spent a good £600+ last season watching Newcastle, wow aren't I the superfan!

You should seriously consider changing your internet service provider if that's the case.

Very funny superfan!

Where as other's are happy to have blind faith and think it'll all fall into place.

Or perhaps, just maybe, people have accepted that it may take a little bit longer than 2 months to right the wrongs of Shepherd, Souness and Roeder...

Blaming others is pointless in this situation, the fact is Allardyce has to get players in or we're going to struggle this season, it's easy to say give him time but the season kicks off in less than 3 weeks, I remember people saying the same last season under Roeder and look how that turned out.

tbh Roeder had the drawing power of week old leftovers and Freddy isn't Ashley. 

You are right, much better just to get the hump now rather than waiting to see what actually happens.  :frantic:

I don't think there's anything wrong with showing concern at the current situation, still if I hadn't just forked out £500 and my only contribution to the club was posting on a message board then I'd be more relaxed about the situation too.

There is concern then there is calling the new manager a useless  t*** for god knows what because I for one fail to see what is so annoying about these quotes. You've been on "edge" for a while now Baggio, morbidly critical of the slightest thing that doesn't go your way or appear in line with your own views.

I think he is just trying to get a bit of discussion going too tbf. However, i wasnt impressed with Zog at all last season and his attitude more than most got on my tits and i was happy to see him leave. I know Baggio said the same thing at the end of last season when the rumours of Arsenal's interest first surfaced. If Sam commits him to the first team and those attitude problems dont disappear then i'll be canny fucked off. However, as we've both pointed out in this thread, the phrase 'at the moment' is telling. He can start at LB if it means Bridge comes in when he is fit.

Unbelievable that Allardyce is coming out and saying that the Zog wont even be considered for away games. Shocking treatment.

a lot of people (me included) said similar about solano

Unbelievable that Allardyce is coming out and saying that the Zog wont even be considered for away games. Shocking treatment.

Read the title.  :lol:

Read the title.  :lol:

read the title...and...so....what ?

what i said was in reply to the post i quoted,to the idea that it's shocking that some players wouldn't be used in some situations.

what i said was in reply to the post i quoted,to the idea that it's shocking that some players wouldn't be used in some situations.

The post you were replying to was tongue in cheek and not meant to be taken seriously.

The post you were replying to was tongue in cheek and not meant to be taken seriously.

gotcha

whooshed!

Guest BigAl2

Of course its a worry that we haven't strengthened our suspect defence, but look at the facts we finished just above relegation last season, no European football, A lot of clubs have money and are in Europe, investigations going on, so we are not as attractive as we would like to think!!!

Having said that I am upbeat about the season because we have got rid of the deadwood from top to bottom, its a rebuild job and it will not be done overnight BigSam will get it right as long as he has the boards and the fans patience and backing he is in a different class to Roeder & Souness so lets not panic yet.

Its a huge worry, if Zoggy is our best LB then we are in real trouble!!

We've only really got two left backs, Babayaro and Edgar so it's not as if we've got a lot to choose from.  If N'Zogbia is better than those two then that is good for us, it could just be Allardyce giving his confidence a boost by talking him up rather than the Souness/Roeder style of man-management which was to talk players down.

We haven’t seen a lot of Edgar but when we have he’s done a good job for us, if N’Zogbia is better then it’s not as bad as we might think in that position.

My priority wouldn’t be a left back anyway, it would be the dominant central defender we need, I don’t want us playing with a weakness but if we have to then I’d rather it was out wide than through the middle, we need to get the spine right first then work on our wide positions.  Goals are rarely conceded from wide positions most come from in or around the box, obviously cutting out the ball before it gets to the middle will prevent a few.

I seem to remember that he came as a left back. He may benefit from the extra time and space that he'll get in possession in that position. The big question mark is whether he has the temperament for a defender, but that's something maybe big Sam can work on.

He may turn out a bit like Ashley Cole - not great in his positioning, but quick enough to recover.

Either way, he's failed to progress with us as a wide player or CM player, and it's worth a look.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

if he had come out and said, thats it, zoggy will b our lb, with babe as cover, i could understand this. But this is just totally over the top

Guest Knightrider

At a lower level I am sure Zoggy is a decent LB, like at U21 level but game in game out in the Prem he just would not cut it as a LB, IMO anyway.

Why not? I wouldn't say Baines for example is particularly strong defensively, although he is quite decent.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned playing at full-back is all about anticipation: when to join in attack, when to stay back, when to read a ball being channeled in between you and the centre-back, how to anticipate a runner spinning you and so on. You don't have to be Bernard in the tackle, or Shearer in the air. You just have to have good anticipation and given the detailed analysis, tactical info and opposition profile Sam feeds his players there is no reason why N'Zogbia who actually started out his career at full-back can't adapt to that position. Attacking wise he's very talented and as we've all seen, he's no Robert when it comes to work rate. He could be a revelation there and free up a spot down the left for someone like Luque or Milner or allow Sam to go for 3 in the centre of Butt, Emre and Parker. Let me remind you the last winger we converted to full-back was Bernard who was quite good in that position, not the best, but my we'd all take the Bernard that played under Sir Bobby today.

Anyway, I don't think this is a long-term thing or any indication that we won't be signing a left-back, just Big Sam experimenting, boosting a player's confidence and what hasn't been pointed out, using a player to cover a position where we have no fit bodies in a friendly, which I think needs saying.

Guest icemanblue

At a lower level I am sure Zoggy is a decent LB, like at U21 level but game in game out in the Prem he just would not cut it as a LB, IMO anyway.

Why not? I wouldn't say Baines for example is particularly strong defensively, although he is quite decent.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned playing at full-back is all about anticipation: when to join in attack, when to stay back, when to read a ball being channeled in between you and the centre-back, how to anticipate a runner spinning you and so on. You don't have to be Bernard in the tackle, or Shearer in the air. You just have to have good anticipation and given the detailed analysis, tactical info and opposition profile Sam feeds his players there is no reason why N'Zogbia who actually started out his career at full-back can't adapt to that position. Attacking wise he's very talented and as we've all seen, he's no Robert when it comes to work rate. He could be a revelation there and free up a spot down the left for someone like Luque or Milner or allow Sam to go for 3 in the centre of Butt, Emre and Parker. Let me remind you the last winger we converted to full-back was Bernard who was quite good in that position, not the best, but my we'd all take the Bernard that played under Sir Bobby today.

Anyway, I don't think this is a long-term thing or any indication that we won't be signing a left-back, just Big Sam experimenting, boosting a player's confidence and what hasn't been pointed out, using a player to cover a position where we have no fit bodies in a friendly, which I think needs saying.

Living in the past, tbh.

Always felt that left back was a position that could be ‘coached’. If you’ve got a talented player who’s reasonably intelligent, you can develop them into a good full back. It’ll take time, patience and experience but he’ll gradually improve.

N’Zogbia has the physical attributes and he’d make a good left back. He’d just have to curb his instincts to attack and have a bit more discipline but with the right coaching and a bit of faith, he could be at least as good/steady as Bernard was for us.

Always felt that left back was a position that could be ‘coached’. If you’ve got a talented player who’s reasonably intelligent, you can develop them into a good full back. It’ll take time, patience and experience but he’ll gradually improve.

N’Zogbia has the physical attributes and he’d make a good left back. He’d just have to curb his instincts to attack and have a bit more discipline but with the right coaching and a bit of faith, he could be at least as good/steady as Bernard was for us.

has he the temprement to handle being told "you're gonna be a left back" ?