Allardyce rules out Curtis Davies move

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest DavB93

I'd take him, sure Sam could get the best out of him. Plus if we get this Norweigan center half we are covered then we can hopefully get a LB in.

Guest samtoonarmy

I wouldnt pay any more than £6m for him. I think if we get Davies, Hangeland and an experianced centre-half...then I think our defence would look in pritty good shape... oh yeah and a new left-back aswell  (Shorey/Baines)

Hangeland, Davies and Shorey.... I'm liking that.

They're not absolutely brilliant players, but they're more than capable at premiership level.

All improvements on what we had last season. Its a step in the right direction

They're not absolutely brilliant players, but they're more than capable at premiership level.

100% my opinion

Guest DavB93

We've got Rozenhal who think Sam will use as our main defender along side Taylor. Davies and the norweigan would be very good.

100% my opinion

Aye, agree with you there like.

Not by any stretch my first choice, but if it's a toss up between getting these in before the end of next week, or panic buys on the last day of the window, i'll go for these lot.

100% my opinion

Yup, I'd be very happy with these signings at the moment.

Guest sicko2ndbest

100% my opinion

Yup, I'd be very happy with these signings at the moment.

Need experienced top class CB in there before i am happy!

About fuking time.

We cant attract top players plike Heinze, were fuking struggling to pull in average foreign talent like Beye, so we need to go for the likes of Baines, Davies & Shorey, even if it means paying a little extra.

So what if we paid £8m for him? We paid £5m for Bramble how many years ago? The market is more inflated than ever and Davies is a massive class above Bramble, you could even say the same for Boumsong, and unlike them two fuks, Davies will hold that price tag, and it will eventually grow. Same goes for Baines, at £6m he's a great signing for the club.

.COM saying there could be something in this one......

The imminent transfer of Luton Town defender Leon Barnett to West Bromwich Albion has been interpreted in some quarters as the first step to the departure of unsettled centre back Curtis Davies  from the Hawthorns.

Newcastle have been consistently linked with the 22 year-old, who has relinquished the captain's armband after seeing a transfer request rejected by the Baggies.

Interest in the defender first came to light during Glenn Roeder's stint at the helm, but the toon connection with Nigel Pearson remains - the current Magpies coach having worked with Davies at Albion as both assistant to Bryan Robson and in his own right as caretaker boss.

With Steven Taylor, Davies and Pearson also share an England U21 connection.

No confirmation has yet emerged as to who the mystery defender was who turned down a move to Tyneside last week - but it's claimed that he was from a Premiership club, which would exclude Championship player Davies.

For no apparent reason we'll add in the useless information that:

1. Davies was red-carded for the first time last season after two foul challenges on a certain Mark Viduka, then with the smoggies.

2. He hasn't played a competitive game since breaking the fifth metatarsal in his foot last March - the same injury Joey Barton sustained last Saturday.

PS: Another revived transfer link is that of FC Copenhagen stopper Brede Hangeland, with the Norwegian rag VG running a story on Tuesday apparently confirming our interest.

Quotes then surfaced from his Mister 15% naming Newcastle as one of a number of clubs sniffing round the 26 year-old who is under contract to the Danes for another two years.

The imminent transfer of Luton Town defender Leon Barnett to West Bromwich Albion has been interpreted in some quarters as the first step to the departure of unsettled centre back Curtis Davies  from the Hawthorns.

Newcastle have been consistently linked with the 22 year-old, who has relinquished the captain's armband after seeing a transfer request rejected by the Baggies.

Interest in the defender first came to light during Glenn Roeder's stint at the helm, but the toon connection with Nigel Pearson remains - the current Magpies coach having worked with Davies at Albion as both assistant to Bryan Robson and in his own right as caretaker boss.

No confirmation has yet emerged as to who the mystery defender was who turned down a move to Tyneside last week - but it's claimed that he was from a Premiership club, which would exclude Championship player Davies.

1. Davies was red-carded for the first time last season after two foul challenges on a certain Mark Viduka, then with the smoggies.

2. He hasn't played a competitive game since breaking the fifth metatarsal in his foot last March - the same injury Joey Barton sustained last Saturday.

PS: Another revived transfer link is that of FC Copenhagen stopper Brede Hangeland, with the Norwegian rag VG running a story on Tuesday apparently confirming our interest.

Quotes then surfaced from his Mister 15% naming Newcastle as one of a number of clubs sniffing round the 26 year-old who is under contract to the Danes for another two years.

They also said the Deco deal was done :thup:

Guest trainer

Personally i think Davies is very overated, and I think we need an older experienced centre half to guide and teach Taylor. With Baines obviously available does anyone else get the feeling Big Sam just isnt interested?

They didn't, like.

Guest Ridzuan

Time is running out for us to get new players and even though I dont think Davies is worth that much,I think he is good enough for us and hopefully,this deal,if it is indeed happening,will be settle sooner rather than later.

They didn't, like.

They did, like. Under the heading "Incoming #5".

They said about Deco -  "Credible sources say that the player is due on tyneside for a medical this week"

Mustn't have checked on that day. Anyway, I take all these close-season ITKs with a pinch of salt. Even if they are 99% true, it's still not definite that even if a player is in extended talks that he'll sign.

They didn't, like.

They did, like. Under the heading "Incoming #5".

The difference that a . rather than a ? makes to a story!

They didnt say it was done at all.

Get in! we're going to sign Curtis Davies!

They said about Deco -  "Credible sources say that the player is due on tyneside for a medical this week"

Mustn't have checked on that day. Anyway, I take all these close-season ITKs with a pinch of salt. Even if they are 99% true, it's still not definite that even if a player is in extended talks that he'll sign.

Hmmmm ;)

Pie is spot on here.  They did say that credible sources had mentioned a medical.  However, incoming number 5 was followed by a big ?  In any case they don't seem to be saying much about Davies, just saying that he has been linked by some people.