Setanta Sports

kirkwdavis2001

That's the shitness of their site ujpest. There is NO minimum-term contract, it's splattered all over the main page.

It did make me wary of continuing as it has conflicting info.

I may subscribe to Setanta  in time for the season starting so that i see the Boro game and then cancel after the month is up and restart Sky Sports as i think we are at home for most of the Setanta games anyway.

going to try and find some dodgy way of getting it for free before the day's up.

Gan down the fuckin pub man.  Never bother watching games at home anyway, much more fun watching it with some like-minded cretins on the sauce than with my lass and the cat.

Both Spurs games I watched in the pub had stupid fucking black bars to the left and right during the action on both the 4:3 and 16:9 screens, although it was fine during the ad breaks and intro graphics.  Suppose that could be down to different south african TV standards though, if they were getting the feed from someone else.  it's a right mickey mouse outfit like, makes Five look like Sky Sports :lol:

Tim Sherwood is even worse than John Barnes, although at least they don't let him loose interviewing people and the like.

Does the townhouse have the match on tonight?

What a fooking con !!!!

Just rang up to get it put on and there was a £10 connection fee. Then the moron was that thick he couldn't set it up properly so he had to put me on hold and get assitance. Ended up being on the phone for over 40 mins and paid £19.99 instead of what I thought was gonna be a tenner.

He also said that the connection fee is charged everytime you connect, so say there's no Newcastle games on in November and I decide to cancel for that month if I ring up to put it back on in December I would then pay another £10 connection fee.

Guest Texasmag

Newcastle World are streaming the friendlies. Not sure if it includes tonights game, but definetly the Juves and Sampdoria games. I hope the quality is good.

No, as I just posted in the match thread, they are streaming Celtic and Juve. Doesn't mention Sampdoria.

But basically, if anyone has an existing World subscription, fuck Setanta.

Anyone tried this for internet streaming? I'm curios as to whether or not I should try to bring this and then use the TV-output...I can't be arsed with shit quality...

Noone? :)

Guest Texasmag

I just saw your post in the other thread after I posted. :blush:

Two out of three games is better than none.

Anyone tried this for internet streaming? I'm curios as to whether or not I should try to bring this and then use the TV-output...I can't be arsed with shit quality...

Noone? :)

Tried what for internet streaming? Think carefully before you reply. :lol:

If you mean Newcastle World, i've no idea how shit it will be, but there's no chance it'll be watchable on a TV.

So basically if you want to see the Celtic and Juve games badly you could sign up to to World for £11.99 for a year of highlights and other shit (mostly shit, but hey who cares) instead of Setanta.

Guest Cocacola

Was a nice surprise this afternoon flicking through the channels to find Arsenal v Salzburg on the box and that we now have the PPV games for free!

U a Virgin      Customer? I thought the offer didn't start until tomorrow?

Just tried to subscribe online, wouldn't let me so had to ring them up.

All going well until it came to the credit card and I told him I'd be using my mother's as I don't have one myself. Told me he needed to speak to her to confirm, but she's on holiday in Tunisia. Says he can't sign me up as you need the approval of the cardholder.

I say "Well can't I just try again online and you'l have no clue?"

He responds "Sorry I can't answer that, as to do so accurately could lead to legal action against me."

:lol:

I've now got my friend ringing up, pretending to be me. Gonna get his sister to pretend to be my mother. I hope to God he gets the same guy on the phone.

I've now got my friend ringing up, pretending to be me. Gonna get his sister to pretend to be my mother.

Just tell him to make footstep noises by tapping his hand on the desk and then go falsetto.  A proper Mrs Bouquet voice works best.

Aaah ffs...to subscribe i need a fucking home phone number but we don't have a fucking phone line...couldn't get sky+ cause of that but thats fine.....they must be able to let you subscribe to this setanta stuff without a home phone line surely?

I've now got my friend ringing up, pretending to be me. Gonna get his sister to pretend to be my mother.

Just tell him to make footstep noises by tapping his hand on the desk and then go falsetto.  A proper Mrs Bouquet voice works best.

All sorted now, apparently the sister got a fit of the giggles when her older brother turned to her and said "Mom" while handing her the phone.