Apart from the big 4 who will finish above us this season?

Parky

The obvious candidate has been Spurs for a while  and apart from the their left side they are looking strong and the addition of Bent (Vastly overpriced he may be) will add some kick to their front line. I'm still not convinced by the goalkeeping of Robinson and King needs to stay fit.

Aston Villa

The honeymoon period is over and Ashley was a good signing, but I'm not impressed with Reo or Harewood and they struggled immensely at the tail end

of last year. I don't think they will finish above us,  most of the promise lacks experience and it will perhaps take one more season for MON to get closer to where he wants to be.

Everton.

No business in the transfer market and a team that is workmanlike but lacks goals. Top 10 at best.

Manchester City

For me are the dark horses and will surprise many under the astute stewardship of Sven who I would have had here if Allardyce wasn't available.

Buys

Ins: Geovanni (Cruzeiro, free), Rolando Bianchi (Reggina, £8.8m), Gelson Fernandes (FC Sion, undisclosed).

In a recent interview Sven said that he was still looking to bring in two or three players.

IMO Man City will run us close or finish above us. Top 8.

Portsmouth.

'Harry has been buying buying and more buying they did well last year and will be a threat for a top 6-8 place again this year.

Ins: David Nugent (Preston, undisclosed), John Utaka (Rennes, undisclosed), Arnold Mvuemba (Rennes, undisclosed), Sulley Muntari (Udinese, £7m), Sylvain Distin (Manchester City, free), Hermann Hreidarsson (Charlton, free), Martin Cranie (Southampton, undisclosed).

Hard to say as i'm sure most of these teams (and ourselves hopefully) will have added to their squads before the begining of the season.

I don't think you can really predict where teams will finish until they've bought who they want and the window shuts, but if you're going off who everyones got now, it pains me to say but because of our defense I would have to say at the moment Spuds above us.

I'm now off to have a shower as I feel dirty and ashamed. :-[

More Parky propaganda or as I like to put it, "Parkaganda".  We aren't even close to being good

enough for 5th.  Getting in the top 7(most likely 7th) would be an achievement and realistic.  I do

applaud your optimism, people.  Keep it up! 

Guest clarkyshan

most teams with 11 players the way our boards going. were no better than mid table unless we buy soon.

Guest Gemmill

More Parky propaganda or as I like to put it, "Parkaganda".   We aren't even close to being good

enough for 5th.  Getting in the top 7(most likely 7th) would be an achievement and realistic.  I do

The danger though is when this pre-season optimism collides with reality and people start to realise that we aren't as good as they led themselves to believe we were.  Then come the cries for the manager's head.  I cannot wait.

More Parky propaganda or as I like to put it, "Parkaganda".  We aren't even close to being good

The danger though is when this pre-season optimism collides with reality and people start to realise that we aren't as good as they led themselves to believe we were.  Then come the cries for the manager's head.  I cannot wait.

Aye, I've said all along that a top half finish and the double over the Mackems would suit me fine this season.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion however optimistic it may be.  You're right, though, can't wait for the mong's to call for Sam's head. 

Guest Gemmill

More Parky propaganda or as I like to put it, "Parkaganda".   We aren't even close to being good

Aye, I've said all along that a top half finish and the double over the Mackems would suit me fine this season.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion however optimistic it may be.  You're right, though, can't wait for the mong's to call for Sam's head. 

I've got £200 on us finishing above the mackems, so the double would go some way to ensuring that. :thup:

Spurs, Everton and Portsmouth all have a good settled squad which they've added to this summer. All 3 are ahead of us as it stands.

Add Villa, West Ham and Man City to that and i'll be ecstatic if we make the top 7.

I've got £200 on us finishing above the mackems, so the double would go some way to ensuring that. :thup:

Your sister is married to one or dating?  That who the bet's with?

If we can get some good defenders in, replace Dyer and keep our injuries down (some chance) then we'll have a good season and could qualify for Europe.  That would be a massive achievement when compared with the shit of last season.

Guest Gemmill

You're sister is married to one or dating?  That who the bet's with?

Aye, dating.  And yeah.  Another £200 on with him that they won't win the Premiership within the next 10 years. :lol:  He's convinced they will.  "Ere man keyyynoowuh and quinnyyyy are garna dew the bizness.  Watch this spayuss."  Yes yes, that sounds lovely.

You're sister is married to one or dating?  That who the bet's with?

Aye, dating.  And yeah.  Another £200 on with him that they won't win the Premiership within the next 10 years. :lol:  He's convinced they will.  "Ere man keyyynoowuh and quinnyyyy are garna dew the bizness.  Watch this spayuss."  Yes yes, that sounds lovely.

At least it's only dating.  ;)  The next 10 years? Does the bet become null and void if they get relegated?  Sorry you have to listen to his dribble. 

Spurs, Everton and Portsmouth all have a good settled squad which they've added to this summer. All 3 are ahead of us as it stands.

Add Villa, West Ham and Man City to that and i'll be ecstatic if we make the top 7.

Spuds - I agree with.

Everton - haven't bought anyone have they? (I could be wrong like) But are very one dimensional.

Portsmouth - I think took everyone a little bit by surprise last year. It will be a lot harder this year as teams will be a bit more clued up to them.

Villa - never be impressed with them, and don't think they've dramatically improved their squad yet.

Man City - just avoided relegation last year and their buys are all unproven in this league.

West Ham - I'm not sure if their 'just throw money about' strategy will work. Tevez was the main reason for their upturn in fortunes last year, and they won't be able to replace that sort of quality.

As for us, I think the return of Owen is like a new signing. Add to that Viduka, Geremi, Barton (when fit) and Rozehnal and we've already inmproved on last year.

Then there's a better manager in Sam, hopefully some more defenders and I think we've not got a lot fear of these lot.

Obviously Spurs will.

I also think Portsmouth are far too good at the back and will make Europe.

Rest is speculation given how much is left to be done in the transfer market, this order could change in 2 seconds if someone signs a bit of quality.

I think City will finish above Newcastle - Even if the transfer window closed tomorrow and we were both left with what we have I'd still reckon we would finish higher on the basis of what we have at the back. Guessing now, but all signs point to Sven bringing in some more quality (Elano? Castillo? Chiellini? Who knows - all very exciting but also very mysterious!).

Outside of those 3, Everton don't look owt special but they didn't last season and still nearly made 5th. Could do well again but they're probably their for the taking for other improving teams.

Villa need more signings at the back - and of a better standard than what they've bought so far. I think they'll probably do that eventually altho fucking off to the other side of the world doesn't really seem the best idea when you need signings, they could end up panic buying if they leave it too late. Like what they have at the other end tho- I reckon having Carew already settled in should be a big plus for them.

Newcastle would do well to finish above any of the above teams given how little seems to be happening on the transfer front up there.

West Ham are a bit shite imo. They bought a load of wank in january and the only player they have bought this summer that has turned my head is crocked.

So by my guestimation:

[Top 4]

Spurs

Portsmouth

Villa

City

Everton

Newcastle

West Ham

[The paupers/mugs - Blackburn, Bolton, Fulham etc]

[The shite - Reading, Birmingham, Sunderland, Derby etc]

Wigan :shifty: