Ashley wants Keegan back as Director Of Football

Sparks
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You should never go back.

That applies to all walks of life.

Love the bloke to bits but no thanks.

cough* beardsley*cough.

would have been a good idea when roeder was manager,not sure what allardyce would make of it if true. It would be nice to have him at the club on some capacity and if it was just selling the club to players,investors,advertisers etc i can't think of anyone better.

The exception that proves the rule... ;)

erm..........mark mcghee ?

You can hardly compare McGhee in '79 to Keegan in '82 though surely?? :lol:

Marty McFly!

I can't see Allardyce being exactly over the moon with this, almost as bad as having Shearer above you.

Do you think Keegan would ever want to become manager again?  I don't, I don't think he's daft enough to put himself under that pressure again so I wouldn't think it's nearly as bad as having Shearer doing the job, I would worry for Allardyce if it was Shearer.

cough* beardsley*cough.

would have been a good idea when roeder was manager,not sure what allardyce would make of it if true. It would be nice to have him at the club on some capacity and if it was just selling the club to players,investors,advertisers etc i can't think of anyone better.

mcghee returned as a player (and a damned sight better one thasn the one who left originally),keegan never returned in the same capacity.

got to admit i was struggling to think of players we'd resigned (hibbitt and lee clarke came to mind)

I can't see Allardyce being exactly over the moon with this, almost as bad as having Shearer above you.

Do you think Keegan would ever want to become manager again?  I don't, I don't think he's daft enough to put himself under that pressure again so I wouldn't think it's nearly as bad as having Shearer doing the job, I would worry for Allardyce if it was Shearer.

dunno like,if he was here and the s*** hit the fan and there was a clamour for him,i'm not so sure he could help himself.

I really can't see SA agreeing to have a director of football appointed above him. Especially coming from a new regime, it smacks of not quite trusting the manager.

EDIT especially not someone who raises such emotion at the club as KK

mcghee returned as a player (and a damned sight better one thasn the one who left originally),keegan never returned in the same capacity.

got to admit i was struggling to think of players we'd resigned (hibbitt and lee clarke came to mind)

Robbie Elliott, how did you forget him?

cough* beardsley*cough.

Robbie Elliott, Bernard, Solano.

Guest optimistic nit

Totally against this. I'm sure Sam can do a good job by himself.  Does a DOF ever work?

spurs. ???

not sure personally. depends what his role would be. if he didn't interfere with transfers other than to approve funds for them then i would be for. His heart is in the right place, it could be a really help to allardyce is used right, if used wrong it would be a very bad thing.

Totally against this. I'm sure Sam can do a good job by himself.  Does a DOF ever work?

spurs. ???

not sure personally. depends what his role would be. if he didn't interfere with transfers other than to approve funds for them then i would be for. His heart is in the right place, it could be a really help to allardyce is used right, if used wrong it would be a very bad thing.

Frank Arnesen was in charge of transfer policy, recruitment and youth development.  Keegan has been out of football for years and couldn't possibly offer anything in either of those areas.  Nor would Allardyce be likely to willingly cede control over these areas.

This is just stupid nostalgia.  Hopefully it's in a tabloid and therefore complete bollocks.

Frank Arnesen was in charge of transfer policy, recruitment and youth development.  Keegan has been out of football for years and couldn't possibly offer anything in either of those areas.  Nor would Allardyce be likely to willingly cede control over these areas.

This is just stupid nostalgia.  Hopefully it's in a tabloid and therefore complete bollocks.

Keegan had been out of football for years before he came back as manager, it didn't take him long to get up to speed and he'd spent most of his time in Spain playing golf or getting beat up over here in service stations.

Guest 3-1 NYD

Would welcome the King back with open arms. The old school revere the man who is one of Englands finest.

B8llocks to what the shoes off mob say!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think it's bollocks, but if true; I think Allardyce will be furious about this. They've given him fuck all money to spend and now they're undermining him further

For all we know it could well be Allardyces idea. He could well be worried that he's spending far too much time trying to sort out new players and not enough time with the players he's got already. He knows Keegan could sell the idea of moving to Newcastle to just about anyone, so asked for him to be brought in. Sam identifies his targets, Keegan goes and gets them.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

For all we know it could well be Allardyces idea. He could well be worried that he's spending far too much time trying to sort out new players and not enough time with the players he's got already. He knows Keegan could sell the idea of moving to Newcastle to just about anyone, so asked for him to be brought in. Sam identifies his targets, Keegan goes and gets them.

Have you seen the ego on Sam? There's absolutely no chance this is his idea imo

cough* beardsley*cough.

Robbie Elliott, Bernard, Solano.

Clark.

Guest Invicta_Toon

there's blind optimism and there's absolute stupidity tbh

this story is either:

1. absolute bollocks

2. vindication of the view that Ashley knows fuck all about football