Faye signs three year deal

STM

:lol: Wish we'd just sort this one out, although it'll probably drag on until Friday.

Well when you consider how much players get a week we've probably saved £40k letting it drag on for two wks...

Probably like to tie it up for Wed/cup game to try a few things out?

can't see sam waste this much time and go through all this hassle for a squad player. Alladyce obviously thinks he's worth it and sees a place for him in the team

Well he is a better centre back than anything we had last season (he has it over Taylor at the moment due to experience), Cacapa and Roz are new to the league so I think Faye would probably play as many if not more games than our other centre backs tbh (plus he can play in midfield).

29 years old, proven in this league, versatile and £2m in a market where the likes of Chopra (£5m), Richardson (£5.5m) and Kenwyne fucking Jones (valued £5m+) it seems worthwhile putting in the effort imo.

That's a good shout. Given Taylor's iffy start to the season and Sam's comments on him having a lot to learn suggest to me he plans to use Faye with Roz.

my thoughts exactly. Also theres a possibility sam'll stick taylor (or solano but thats me) at right-back, but it appears as if he rates carr.. so who knows? The only thing i know is that our defence is finally looking prem-worthy (2 million is a steal aswell)

That's a good shout. Given Taylor's iffy start to the season and Sam's comments on him having a lot to learn suggest to me he plans to use Faye with Roz.

Have to disagree Dave, Taylor hasnt had an iffy start to the season.  We've played two games so far, at Bolton he was excellent and last weekend he was no worse than most around him

sniff- this from a bolton fan:

If the deal goes through you won't be getting a squad player, you'll be getting one of the best defenders in the PL. Trust me - he's f****** awesome!

I'll be gutted to see him leave Bolton - and I didn't lose any sleep over Tel Ben Haim!

doesn't seem that average iyam

ah.. much the same thing- a la liga striker who many people raised doubts about, having not played in the premier league

and a player who has been consistently very good for his team with years of premier league experience under his belt- filling in a troublesome slot at the back.

sorry for trusting a person who watches him week in week out.. unreliable b*stards they are.

Guest Sniffer

A player who was rated in the top half dozen or so in Spain and a player who is an average destroyer in the premier league. Which is just what we need.

Pardon me for not pissing myself with excitement over the addition of another 2million pound squad player.

We're bringing in defenders and good ones at that, stupid to dissmiss that like you're doing

You also end up contradicting yourself, not happy with Faye ok lets search for more exciting prospects- lets look in la liga, lets get a goal scorer *tadaaaa*= luque; the very player you were using in you're arguement.

Not asking you to piss yourself, on the contrary; very unhygienic, just want to point out that he is highly rated by bolton fans and evidently by alladyce if he's willing to spend so much effort on this "2mil squad player".

A player who was rated in the top half dozen or so in Spain and a player who is an average destroyer in the premier league. Which is just what we need.

Pardon me for not pissing myself with excitement over the addition of another 2million pound squad player.

Or, a player who came from Spain and couldnt cut it over here, and a player who can