Faye signs three year deal

STM

Great ... Another player who will last at most 3 years.

Or you could look at the bright side for a change. Great, a good premiership quality player for little fee for 3 years.

Exactly! 29 is a very good age for a centre half!

Guest Guinness

At least this can't drag on any longer than friday. I've no idea what the hold up can be seeing as it's a relatively low key transfer.

Bolton know he is leaving but dont want to hand any advantage to us?

They can put up with a couple of weeks of the player being unhappy but not a whole season. As he is apparently decent they may prefer to pay his wages rather than give us more time with him. That or they are trying to find the money to keep him?  ???

Dont know really, lots of transfers happen towards the end of the window, it must be to do with negotiating tactics or something.

I'm worried that this may be holding up other deals

I reckon Sam could work on any other deal, we signed 3 in one weekend.

In short he isn't "These days its only possible to do one transfer at a time" Roeder.

This is why Big Sam said yesterday he gives the two deals he is pursuing firstly a time limit of 24-48 hours. Apparently the deals that are in the backhand could be done rather quickly, but Big Sam wants to know at least by Thursday if he has to turn to other options.

I reckon Sam could work on any other deal, we signed 3 in one weekend.

In short he isn't "These days its only possible to do one transfer at a time" Roeder.

Aye.

Sam Speaks: Faye Deal Almost Done

By Craig Hope

SAM Allardyce has confirmed that he expects to complete the deal to bring Abdoulaye Faye to St.James' Park within the next 24 hours.

The 29-year-old Bolton star has been the subject of increased speculation linking him with a move to Tyneside in recent weeks as Big Sam bids to bolster his defensive ranks before the transfer window slams shut on Friday night.

And Big Sam told Newcastle World TV that he expects to add at least Faye and hopefully one more player to his squad in that time.

"Abdoulaye is in Newcastle for a medical and we expect that deal to go through in the next 24 hours," the Toon gaffer told Newcastle World TV.

"Once that is done I hope to maybe add one more player before Friday night."

Guest Knightrider

Saw him there myself, was wearing a stripy hooped jumper.

Stripes and hoops? Together?

Madness. Just pure madness.

I have had one or two shandies tonight so...

It was hoops. I think :D

Guest Chris P

Faye is very good at defensive mid, too rash for my liking when he plays centre back. You can tell it's not his natural position. Still, better than Ramage and co and he's already settled in the Prem unlike Rozehnal

Diop is still living off a good season when he scored a cracker against Man Utd about 3 years ago

Rozehnal is class. doesn't need to settle in

Guest teepee

i'm not really sure what we need faye for - i'd prefer butt/barton as dcm and taylor/roz/cacapa as dc's

is he being bought solely as a squad player?

i'm not really sure what we need faye for - i'd prefer butt/barton as dcm and taylor/roz/cacapa as dc's

is he being bought solely as a squad player?

Barton isn't a DCM and we need 4 centre backs unless you want to see Ramage (when fit again) sniffing around that area. Anyway I think Faye will surprise a few people and will play a lot more games than expected. I still think it will be one of Taylor or Faye alongside Cacapa or Rozehnal to give the defence a bit of premiership experience. People also seem to forget that Cacapa doesn't have the greatest injury record.