Why did Ashley buy NUFC?

Guest Invicta_Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Invicta_Toon

Why do you think he's bought us Vic, any opinion on the matter yourself?

I'm not sure if he sees NUFC as one of his businesses or not. The answer rests on that tbh. I hope it is as a hobby, he is happy to make a profit or a loss, as per his comments regarding the difference between your lifestyle as a millionaire and a billionaire, then we might get somewhere. The idea that NUFC is just leverage for brand in his empire doesn't sit well with me, but neither does the idea that he is here to make money specifically from football, because he is then clearly nuts. Also, if he was after long term investment, it's hardly a safe bet is it? Then again, he got a C in his economics O level.

who came out with the line 'what's the best way to become a millionaire?, become a billionaire and buy a football club'?

I'm not sure if he sees NUFC as one of his businesses or not. The answer rests on that tbh. I hope it is as a hobby, he is happy to make a profit or a loss, as per his comments regarding the difference between your lifestyle as a millionaire and a billionaire, then we might get somewhere. The idea that NUFC is just leverage for brand in his empire doesn't sit well with me, but neither does the idea that he is here to make money specifically from football, because he is then clearly nuts. Also, if he was after long term investment, it's hardly a safe bet is it? Then again, he got a C in his economics O level.

who came out with the line 'what's the best way to become a millionaire?, become a billionaire and buy a football club'?

Read the article which was posted earlier where he says that he can't even spend the interest he's making, it looks like he just had money and decided that a football club was something he felt he wanted, I've got no idea if it's an ego trip or a possible income stream but we'll find out.

Sensibly:

for a medium term (3-10) hands off investment

Just because Vic made the poll doesn't mean its a shit one and need ridiculing, its actually a good question, and i wish i knew the answer too.

You could ask the same question of any of the billionaires who recently bought Premiership clubs. They seem to be looking at increased income streams from TV and merchandising, with the Premiership as a global "product".

Abramovich is the only one who looks like a hobbyist, really.

Guest Guinness

I've not got a clue but I think the scale of the investment in the coming weeks will give us an idea.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Mick, who is the foxy bird in your sig?

It's Melissa Theroux (SP), French news reader extraordinaire.

hmmm, time to do some researching!