Hull City 1 - 0 Newcastle (friendly) - post match reaction from page 13

Kev

seriously, what has happened to the rest of the squad? they cant all be injured!!

Getting a rest until Sunday, being kept away from players who may be trying to make a name for themselves?

right ok fair enough i guess, so just to get this fixed, sampdoria on sunday and then no more football unti bolton on August 11? what do you think are our chances judging by the fact that weve beaten celtic and juventus but drawn to carlisle and are losing to hull?

Come on lads, as if we were going to put the same number of seniors out against Celtic, Juve and Sampdoria at home as at Hull away. :lol:

This is clearly one for the reserves and youngsters, which it is.

right ok fair enough i guess, so just to get this fixed, sampdoria on sunday and then no more football unti bolton on August 11? what do you think are our chances judging by the fact that weve beaten celtic and juventus but drawn to carlisle and are losing to hull?

If we play the way we did against Celtic and Juventus we'll be OK, play like we did against Carlisle and Hull we'll not.

Come on lads, as if we were going to put the same number of seniors out against Celtic, Juve and Sampdoria at home as at Hull away. :lol:

Exactly, having said that, a few people have paid good money to travel to watch the reserves play in Hull.

Guest Geordie Boyo

If we play the way we did against Celtic and Juventus we'll be OK, play like we did against Carlisle and Hull we'll not.

I hope that's not all BS has on offer for advice in the dressing room this Sunday.

Don't the club organise pre-season matches for the reserves and youth sides?

Exactly, having said that, a few people have paid good money to travel to watch the reserves play in Hull.

Which is unfortunate. But not in the case of Kev and Jamie.

well yeah fair enough i guess but youd have thought that more would have played considering? would it not hae been a better idea to give loads of first team players say 30-45 minutes or something rather than just leave them out!

Don't the club organise pre-season matches for the reserves and youth sides?

Probably, yes.

I'm on about the reserves and youngsters that might be involved in first team action this season. There's a difference.

well yeah fair enough i guess but youd have thought that more would have played considering? would it not hae been a better idea to give loads of first team players say 30-45 minutes or something rather than just leave them out!

The important ones that might have played (Owen, for a start - Allardyce said he was pencilled in for this when he missed Celtic) are being rested to avoid further injury.

The important ones that might have played (Owen, for a start - Allardyce said he was pencilled in for this when he missed Celtic) are being rested to avoid further injury.

yeah i know, but that means owen, taylor, roxenhal, duff, emre, barton, cant think of anyone else, vidukas still tired from australia, dyers packing the removal van. squad still seems remarkably thin. oh well :L