Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need defenders first and foremost but we do need a midfielder as well. Much rather go for Lassana Diarra for that price.

too right

but surely we should only go for that midfielder when our defence is in place

Posts.  :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley:

Excellent, you'll be able to start again when you get banned for spamming, I like your style, you'll have the pleasure of getting to 100 posts for a second time.

Guest Matt10

Excellent, you'll be able to start again when you get banned for spamming, I like your style, you'll have the pleasure of getting to 100 posts for a second time.

:lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Those of you who do not want Smith are talking shit

He is great back up as a midfielder or a striker which after the past 2 friendlies show how much we need it. He can cover 2 positions so saves having to buy 2 players

Not the most talented player in the world, but, great character, good work ethic, decent pace, good in the air, decent touch. Id have him in a shot

Guest black

Sorry but no matter how high or low you rate Smith, why the hell would he want to leave Man U where he is back-up for the current champions, to be a utility back-up for us?

Some of you truly need your heed read.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We need DEFENDERS!

Correct, however, with Emre, Barton being medium term casualties, Butt short term and Dyer probably going, dont you think there is a need to stregthen that area as well.

We need 4 players, 2CH, 1LB and an attacking midfielder

Guest johnson293

When this was last mentioned ( a few weeks ago) the price according to the Mirror was £3.5m

I would have Smith at that price, but for £6m when our whole budget is reported to be £10m, I think we need to get the necessary defenders in first, then if he's still available and we have enough left, then go for Smith.

The advantages are that he gives 110% and can play in midfield or striker as mentioned above, but he doesn't score enough goals in either position to be a priority signing.

What happens when Emre, Barton & Butt are fit, along with Milner, N'Zogbia, Solano, Dyer (maybe) and Duff even - thats not to mention the strikers already in or around the first team? Will he be happy to flit in and out of our team/squad like he does at Man Utd??

Sod Smith! Let's sign "Melissa Theuriau"!

My avatar has been changed in honour.......... very nice!