Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm certain that Smith will get no. 17 by the way. Either that or 8.

:lol: 8 or 17. You mean the only two numbers that are available in the first 20. You don't say! :lol:

Apart from 3 and 6 you mean?

If Smith gets 3 or 6 i'll let James jizz on my manbreasts, i really am that confident.

No thanks.

:lol: 8 or 17. You mean the only two numbers that are available in the first 20. You don't say! :lol:

3, 6, 13 and 18 are also available.

Not so smart now are we :p

I thought Milner had moved to 8? - sure I heard that

Milner is 16.

Hope Milner gets 8 and Smith gets 16

Reckon you'd be able to change Milner's number though, after the squad numbers have been officially announced?

We did last season, but very early on. Doubt we would do that now.

Obviously 3 and 6 is for new defenders :angel:

Hopefully rather than obviously IMO! We can only think positively on signing new defenders! ;D

A good swap imo. Yes Dyer's pace can cause great trouble to the opponents but for this season we also have Owen back to do this job.

We don't need a right winger either because we have Geremi, Solano and Milner there.

So what we really miss is a rotational player who can play at both midfield and forward. Smith is the one.

The only doubt over the transfer is how much can he recovered from the injury. If he can back to his best then this is a bargain---don't forget Dyer can only play for 10 matches per year.

Guest toonlass

I thought Milner had moved to 8? - sure I heard that

No. I live at number 8 and he hasn't moved in here....

If Smith gets 3 or 6 i'll let James jizz on my manbreasts, i really am that confident.

No thanks.

You could have let him down more gently than that, you heartless bastard.

Obviously 3 and 6 is for new defenders :angel:

Well Smith does have all the attributes of a defender who got stuck upfront one game and made a career out of it.

13 is not available.

13 is not available.

I dunno, although they said Harper had moved from 12 to 13, the official site has him as 12

13 is not available.

I dunno, although they said Harper had moved from 12 to 13, the official site has him as 12

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1074172,00.html

13 is not available.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Profiles/0,,10278,00.html

I think we're just bored of transfer speculation! We need to sign a few players otherwise these pointless conversations about squad numbers, players heights etc will rumble on! Come on Sam, get the finger out! (Maybe without signing Alan Smith tho!) ;D

I hope  Smith gets hit by a train before we sign him...then we won't have to argue about what squad number he gets.

What's Smith done to deserve this sort of comment Skirge? I've always thought you were one of the milder regular forumites on here. I think Smith will be a canny player for us as long as he's fully recovered from his injury. At least he's a 100%er compared to Dire's 20% on a good day.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Not very sure/happy over the Smith for Dyer swap.

First, If we're paying as much as we're getting, then don't think we are getting our money worth.

The mass inflation of this summer's transfer market has meant that £6m is probably the going rate for such a player. And if Parker and Dyer are going for 'more than £6m', £6m more Smith is a pretty fair evaluation in today's market.

£4m is more the £6m then?

13 is not available.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Profiles/0,,10278,00.html

Well that is just wrong.

Guest stb654

Argg i hate Alan Smith  :rant:

Why are we chasing this guy? 

We are now a midfielder down.. so what do we do? We go for a striker which is the only area that does not need improving  :clap:

Sure Big Sam is looking for other players, but why the hell is Smith a likely target.. WE DONT NEED HIM