Martins not for sale - Sam

Guest gggg

I think the situation is similar to that of Benitez at Liverpool. The manager wants to put pressure on the new owners to spend big, in a situation where he's not really sure of exactly how much money there is to spend. It doesn't mean that money wouldn't, in practice, be available for the right player. The press are looking at those quotes from Allardyce, seen that not much has been spent over the last month, put two and two together and declared (as with Benitez) that the manager and board have fallen out.

Of course, it's always a possibility that Allardyce might want to sell Martins to make room for another striker coming in. Martins doesn't offer us much that Owen doesn't, and the likes of Gudjohnsen would offer us something different.

You're guessing. The same as you guessed a lot before, always against the old board, and now pro the new board. I think that looking at the quote from Allardyce, coupled with the lack of backing as proof, there is a real possibility that we may have landed ourselves with an owner who is content to exist in the premiership and take small profits, without being prepared to take risks and challenge the top clubs. Which the old board did.

Still, at least we will have good accounts and nobody to make embarrassing comments in the press. We might also suffer the odd humiliation in the FA Cup for good measure, or sell a top player now and again, which is not anywhere near as embarrassing at all.

Time will tell. I'm not making any judgement either way, just preparing for the worst in case it happens, nor wearing rose tinted specs.

I would not be surprised at all if this was true, its just like the Toon, a billionaire owner yet we have to sell players before we can buy players.

fkn mental but I am worried its what is going to happen.

Mick did warn us all when the takeover happend that we could not trust Ashley...

FFS... Sams already denied it.

:lol:

Aye, I have just read the SSN site and added it to my above post..

I don't know, I'm just feeling really disillusioned lately, everything started off so bright and I'm sure it's just paper talk but we need to get in several players before the season starts and the club's apparent reluctance to spend at present isn't helping matters. For me it still looks like the club is in disarray even with the new owner and manager, our squad is thinner than last year as things stand, not much to crow about as a Toon supporter right now :(

The board have allowed it to happen, there no action in the transfer market and very poor communication to the fans about the takeover has led to press speculation on just about every aspect of the club. Look at the Yanks at Liverpool, always on TV, their introduction to the English media was a tad cheesy, but at least the fans got a good idea of what they were about and what their plans are. We've had to make to with one half arsed interview and a couple of lines since, its not good enough.

The fans are not in the best of moods and the board have put them there.

I'm not happy with their efforts so far, i think they've been naive and amateurish since their arrival, and i cant see it getting any better.

I agree, but I hope it can get better.

I don't know, I'm just feeling really disillusioned lately, everything started off so bright and I'm sure it's just paper talk but we need to get in several players before the season starts and the club's apparent reluctance to spend at present isn't helping matters. For me it still looks like the club is in disarray even with the new owner and manager, our squad is thinner than last year as things stand, not much to crow about as a Toon supporter right now :(

The board have allowed it to happen, there no action in the transfer market and very poor communication to the fans about the takeover has led to press speculation on just about every aspect of the club. Look at the Yanks at Liverpool, always on TV, their introduction to the English media was a tad cheesy, but at least the fans got a good idea of what they were about and what their plans are. We've had to make to with one half arsed interview and a couple of lines since, its not good enough.

I'm not happy with their efforts so far, i think they've been naive and amateurish since their arrival, and i cant see it getting any better.

I'm very negative ATM. I honestly thought this was the start of a revival, but so far its been a false dawn.

I'm sure it will get better, but i hope you are wrong (comments in another thread) that he could be in it for the small profits and happy with EPL existence. Villa of old, i couldn't take it.  :frantic:

I'll cheer up once we bring in some defenders, i'm sure of it.

I'm very negative ATM. I honestly thought this was the start of a revival, but so far its been a false dawn.

I'm sure it will get better, but i hope you are wrong (comments in another thread) that he could be in it for the small profits and happy with EPL existence. Villa of old, i couldn't take it.  :frantic:

I'll cheer up once we bring in some defenders, i'm sure of it.

I will be absolutely gutted if they have no ambition to be successful and get into the Champions League and/or win a trophy.

Is Anal on a mission to destroy this club?

Sam needs to go down to the Chron office and slap the slimy little fker about a bit..

Bet you'd get a good crowd attending for that.  :coolsmiley:

Guys, take a look over at the bright side of life thread!

Seriously, I think you are deluding yourselves if you expect a new manager, owner and board to come in and fix all our problems within the first transfer window.

Let Mort complete the review of the club, wait until the window is closed, then we can justify getting worked up about lack of progress. They way I see it, we are moving forward already and both Allardyce and Mort seem to know what is required to put things right.

They just haven't found the right defenders, that's all.

Seriously, I think you are deluding yourselves if you expect a new manager, owner and board to come in and fix all our problems within the first transfer window.

Let Mort complete the review of the club, wait until the window is closed, then we can justify getting worked up about lack of progress. They way I see it, we are moving forward already and both Allardyce and Mort seem to know what is required to put things right.

I don't want to bring my misery in to such a jolly thread. I thought about it though O0

You are saying were deluded to think we could fix our problems in the 1st window. I don' think we can, but we could of done a much better job that whats happened so far. Citeh are embarrassing us ATM, they got a new manager AFTER ours was appointed, they got their takeover AFTER we got ours. There's really no excuse not to release funds for defenders.

wouldn't be so funny if it didn't happen every cunting day FFS

Cunting? New one.

There was a show on BBC 3 last night about the origins of the word 'Cunt'. Did you know there used to be a street in London where whores plied their trade called 'Cuntgrope Lane'?

Quality

Guest Guinness

Is Anal on a mission to destroy this club?

Sam needs to go down to the Chron office and slap the slimy little fker about a bit..

He's just upest he's got no inside knowledge of whats going on at the club any more.

Cunting? New one.

There was a show on BBC 3 last night about the origins of the word 'Cunt'. Did you know there used to be a street in London where whores plied their trade called 'Cuntgrope Lane'?

Quality

:laugh: That sounds apocryphal tbh. I've used cunting before though. Usual in the middle of the words 'Jesus' and 'Wept'

I don't want to bring my misery in to such a jolly thread. I thought about it though O0

You are saying were deluded to think we could fix our problems in the 1st window. I don' think we can, but we could of done a much better job that whats happened so far. Citeh are embarrassing us ATM, they got a new manager AFTER ours was appointed, they got their takeover AFTER we got ours. There's really no excuse not to release funds for defenders.

I see where you're coming from, but I think there will be funds for new defenders if the right players are found... I don't think we have missed out on many this window because of lack of money - maybe because we were a less attractive proposition than other clubs.

Sven is a bigger draw than Sam internationally, we have to accept that.

I also think City are miles further away from having a quality side than we are, although they have caught up a bit.

Cunting? New one.

Quality

:laugh: That sounds apocryphal tbh. I've used cunting before though. Usual in the middle of the words 'Jesus' and 'Wept'

it's not, in fact dozens of towns had similarly named streets.

Someone should start a thread trying to predict what bollocks Anal Oliver will write for the following nights Chronicle. He'll probably print as fact the one's that will unsettle players and do most damage to the club.

Oliver really is a total prick!

Cunting? New one.

Quality

it's not, in fact dozens of towns had similarly named streets.

Smart arse

Guest johnson293

Despite what Allardyce said yesterday Anal still thinks Martins is for sale.

And for only £10m!!!!

Guest Bramble OG

Just seen this on another forum, dont know if its been posted on here?...Someone emailed the Chronicle complaining about Oliver..

We stand by our story about Martins despite Sam Allardyce insisting it wasspeculation. Alan Oliver has a vast network of contacts within football - managers,former managers, players, former players, agents, scouts - in fact hehas the best network of contacts of any journalist I have worked with inover 30 years in journalism. We have not revealed - and will not reveal - the source of that story, butif we were able to you, would realise that the story was accurate. So I would totally refute any suggestion that any stories Alan writes arewithout foundation. It's not that long ago Alan was getting stick for linking Newcastle with amove for Edmilson - but those who thought this story was a fabrication weremade to eat their words when it was confirmed that United officials hadbeen out in Barcelona talking to the Brazilian. Last week we were the first to reveal that West Ham wanted Kieron Dyer -again people doubted that story, but days later Allardyce admitted thatDyer may have to leave because of family problems. In tonight's Chroniclewe reveal that talks are ongoing with West Ham over Dyer. Of course fans are entitled to their own opinion on Alan Oliver. But I can tell you that he is totally committed to trying to keep Unitedfans up to date with developments at St James' Park - never an easy job asaccess to players/officials is limited and even when you do speak topeople in football these days, more often than not they do not want to goon the record. So we are often left to give an insight into what is going on at NUFCwithout those involved actually sticking their heads above the parapet andbeing quoted. Yesterday's story about Martins underlined a general concern about the lackof money so far made available to Allardyce to strengthen the United squad,something which I know from the emails we have received is a worry formany fans. Paul NewSports EditorEvening Chronicle"

Guest Gemmill

Just seen this on another forum, dont know if its been posted on here?...Someone emailed the Chronicle complaining about Oliver..

We stand by our story about Martins despite Sam Allardyce insisting it wasspeculation. Alan Oliver has a vast network of contacts within football - managers,former managers, players, former players, agents, scouts - in fact hehas the best network of contacts of any journalist I have worked with inover 30 years in journalism. We have not revealed - and will not reveal - the source of that story, butif we were able to you, would realise that the story was accurate. So I would totally refute any suggestion that any stories Alan writes arewithout foundation. It's not that long ago Alan was getting stick for linking Newcastle with amove for Edmilson - but those who thought this story was a fabrication weremade to eat their words when it was confirmed that United officials hadbeen out in Barcelona talking to the Brazilian. Last week we were the first to reveal that West Ham wanted Kieron Dyer -again people doubted that story, but days later Allardyce admitted thatDyer may have to leave because of family problems. In tonight's Chroniclewe reveal that talks are ongoing with West Ham over Dyer. Of course fans are entitled to their own opinion on Alan Oliver. But I can tell you that he is totally committed to trying to keep Unitedfans up to date with developments at St James' Park - never an easy job asaccess to players/officials is limited and even when you do speak topeople in football these days, more often than not they do not want to goon the record. So we are often left to give an insight into what is going on at NUFCwithout those involved actually sticking their heads above the parapet andbeing quoted. Yesterday's story about Martins underlined a general concern about the lackof money so far made available to Allardyce to strengthen the United squad,something which I know from the emails we have received is a worry formany fans. Paul NewSports EditorEvening Chronicle"

So basically Oliver has this bloke believing his bullshit too.  If Oliver's network of contacts was that good, he wouldn't be writing comic stories for that shitrag.

Guest Invicta_Toon

So basically Oliver has this bloke believing his bullshit too.  If Oliver's network of contacts was that good, he wouldn't be writing comic stories for that shitrag.

well it's his boss, so if he didn't believe him he wouldnt be there would he?

Well considering he's negotiating a new contract at the minute maybe his agent is leaking this to get a better deal.