Martins not for sale - Sam

Guest gggg

Can't imagine Rupert Murdoch being that bothered about Ashley, either.

There are some very significant reasons why SKY would be bothered about Ashley.

What, then?

That would be another thread.

But, Murdoch's failed proposal to buy ManU (was a clue) and his almost total obsession with PL broadcasting rights, along with his (well founded) fear of characters like Ashley, Al Fayed, Abramovitch and the new ManU owners who are rumoured to be looking at (hence their heightened interest in football) 'other means' of revenue streams aside from the TV deal. With streaming and broadband technology now at that stage. The money at stake in football and CL qualification and image ownership is at such a level now that there are a lot of cosy relationships that feel threatened.

Zog is quick as f***. What you on about?

Edit: I think Allardyce is as keen on counter-attacking football as anyone we've had going by the pre-season matches I've seen.

Zog is quick. Quick as f***? Nope. Not in the Bellamy, Dyer league at all.

Possibly not, but they're the two quickest players we've probably ever had! Very quick, all the same. Think Sam'll want to keep pace, anyway.

Martins is the quickest player we have had, we haven't seen him him hit top speed yet apart from when he tanned essien against Chelsea last season.

The Chronicle are going with this story. Now we know its bollocks.

Actually given Oliver's strong links with Roeder and Shepherd I wouldn't be surprised if he was actively shit-stirring now.

Be nice to see Mort take out some legal issue with the Independent if this is an utter fabrication. Trouble is when papers do issue apologies and retractions hardly anyone ever notices them buried on page 34 or wherever, but the main story always sticks in their minds.

The Chronicle are going with this story. Now we know its bollocks.

Actually given Oliver's strong links with Roeder and Shepherd I wouldn't be surprised if he was actively shit-stirring now.

blueyes.gif

Probably feels frozen out.

Have to say, if a player has to be sacrificed to raise funds, Martins is our best bet.

Why? id rather him than Owen, only Owen is too big a name to even think about selling at this club.

Have to say, if a player has to be sacrificed to raise funds, Martins is our best bet.

Why? id rather him than Owen, only Owen is too big a name to even think about selling at this club.

If anyone wanted Owen and Owen was prepared to go to them it would have happened by now - for £9million, don't you think?

His goalscoring ratio isn't amazing, we have lots of forward cover, and we can realistically get the best possible money from him.

Guest stb654

Is this a joke or what?  :kasper:

It looks like hes happy at the club now they want to flog him ffs...

TO MAKE WAY FOR SMITH!!!  :rant:

tell me this is a load of crap.. like Ronaldinho to Newcastle

Guest Ridzuan

I dont believe this news and I dont think that he will not be playing for us next season.He has said he is happy with us and I dont think Big Sam would want to sell one of his asset.If this is Mikey's ideas,then I think they can forget about it.

I strongly suspect the Independent are full of shit on this one.

How can we have a £6m bid for Smith accepted and yet have no money for defenders? I don't believe all the hype. Surely Ashley cannot be stupid enough to know that the transfer window shuts soon.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Big Sam slams exit talk .cock

Damn it stumped by a forum legend. I should know better  O0

makes Anal look a right knob!!!!  :celb:

SAM Allardyce has slammed newspaper stories suggesting he would have to sacrifice Obafemi Martins to raise transfer funds.

There were reports on Tuesday morning that the Magpies boss would have to sell the Nigerian striker, who scored 17 times last season in his maiden campaign at St. James' Park.

However, Big Sam told nufc.co.uk: "This story is complete and utter fabrication. There's nothing in it whatsoever."

Indeed, Martins told Newcastle World in an exclusive interview last week: "I am very, very happy here so I am not going anywhere."

Sam and chairman Chris Mort, meanwhile, are continuing to work hard behind the scenes in an attempt to add new faces to the Newcastle squad.

Guest Invicta_Toon

wahey 5 pages on total shite, not like N-O is it?

*searches out next made up story to post on here*

wahey 5 pages on total shite, not like N-O is it?

*searches out next made up story to post on here*

True. But even SA had to come out and deny it, so us talking about it is fair enough.

Thankfully, as most thought (but still feared) it was just paper shite.

Guest Armchair Pundit

I don't know, I'm just feeling really disillusioned lately, everything started off so bright and I'm sure it's just paper talk but we need to get in several players before the season starts and the club's apparent reluctance to spend at present isn't helping matters. For me it still looks like the club is in disarray even with the new owner and manager, our squad is thinner than last year as things stand, not much to crow about as a Toon supporter right now :(

I don't know, I'm just feeling really disillusioned lately, everything started off so bright and I'm sure it's just paper talk but we need to get in several players before the season starts and the club's apparent reluctance to spend at present isn't helping matters. For me it still looks like the club is in disarray even with the new owner and manager, our squad is thinner than last year as things stand, not much to crow about as a Toon supporter right now :(

The board have allowed it to happen, there no action in the transfer market and very poor communication to the fans about the takeover has led to press speculation on just about every aspect of the club. Look at the Yanks at Liverpool, always on TV, their introduction to the English media was a tad cheesy, but at least the fans got a good idea of what they were about and what their plans are. We've had to make to with one half arsed interview and a couple of lines since, its not good enough.

The fans are not in the best of moods and the board have put them there.

I'm not happy with their efforts so far, i think they've been naive and amateurish since their arrival, and i cant see it getting any better.