Dragutinovic - Set to sign new Sevilla contract

Guest TrEe

Guest Guinness

From Sky Sports

Serb to decide on Newcastle

Newcastle target Ivica Dragutinovic is set to decide where his future lies on Monday.

Magpies boss Sam Allardyce is understood to have offered the Sevilla defender a three-year deal.

Dragutinovic admitted earlier this week that he did not want to reject the 'financial opportunity of his life', with Newcastle ready to triple his salary.

However, reports in the Spanish press suggest Dragutinovic is still mulling over whether he wants to join a club that will not play European football this season.

Sevilla have qualified for the UEFA Champions League and coach Juande Ramos has spoken to Dragutinovic about staying.

The Serbian could be offered a new deal by Sevilla with a pay rise.

Hopefully he opts for us, we could really do with a hard b****** like him at the back.

Bad news. Dragutinovic is playing now a friendly with Sevilla F.C against a portuguese team. That could mean that Ivica will stay at Sevilla. There are rumours here that Sevilla has offered a new deal. In my opinion, if he is looking forward to sign for us, he shouldn't play this game.

Hopefully it doesn't mean too much. Dyer played for us against Juve to then only days later go for a medical at West Ham. If he hasn't decided yet then I can see why they're playing him tonight, if he opts to stay then they'll want to have him fit for the start of the season.

If a deal was imminent in the next couple of days I wouldn't have thought he'd have played today. Then again Dani Alves played too and there's speculation surrounding him.

It might be that the player is having doubts despite the two clubs agreeing on a deal? After all he's 31 and has helped get his side into the Champions League, this may be the only chance he gets to play at that level.

I dont want a player that gives up CL-football with a spanish top team for money. Especially when hes over 30 years old. I dont get good vibes from this news and it certainly doesnt fell lika a Big Sam signing. Remember what he said about Alan Smith. "He wants to leave Man U because he wants to play football, not to earn money - thats the reason I wanted him"

I say no tyo the drag show..

Guest lebowski

I dont want a player that gives up CL-football with a spanish top team for money. Especially when hes over 30 years old. I dont get good vibes from this news and it certainly doesnt fell lika a Big Sam signing. Remember what he said about Alan Smith. "He wants to leave Man U because he wants to play football, not to earn money - thats the reason I wanted him"

I say no tyo the drag show..

Come on be fair. Just because a player thinks about wages doesn't make him mercenary as you seem to imply, it is work for him after all. As the cliche goes you are a long time out of the game. Also from his quotes he makes the point that he is keen to play in the english league as he feels he is suited to the physicality side of the game.

I'll be very disappointed but not surprised if this was all just hype for his agent in order to get him a better deal from Sevilla.

I'm starting to feel the same thing. Can't remember many players telling that a major factor of their (possible) transfer is money.

Well actually I'm not too sad if he doesn't sign as long as we really get Enrique.

We need more than Enrique (no matter how good he is). Another two, perhaps three, very good quality defenders, if we are to be serious about making an impact in the coming season.

Guest Johan

Could be that the lure of the premier league is a factor for him. Newcastle looks a decent club to join right now to say the least.

We need more than Enrique (no matter how good he is). Another two, perhaps three, very good quality defenders, if we are to be serious about making an impact in the coming season.

We don't have Euro Football now, and please remember we still have a player called Babayaro. As long as he's in the list we should consider him as a emergency replacement for Enrique. If situation really becomes very bad we can spend money again on January but not now, where right back is obviously needing new players.

For centre back, we are already facing the problem of putting Taylor on the bench, Damage in occational circumstances can do a job there too.

What I wanna say is, as we don't have Euro Football this season, our main focus should be on building the best 11 players rather than finding quality subs. So I won't be too sad if we couldn't get Dragu, but I will be extremely worried if we continue to use Carr this season, understand?

I agree we need another right back, but this Drago sounds like he could play at CB as well. Cacapa and Rozenhal might be very good buys but neither of them are that big. Ok we have Taylor but I still consider him on the learning curve.

The "European football" thing is normally a load of rubbish, unless it's that they want Champions League football. I'm sure the prospect of playing at home in front of 20,000 on a freezing November Thursday night against Dynamo Tbilisi isn't really a determining factor. I bet if he was given the choice between Bolton & us, he'd choose us, despite no European football next season.

Interesting...although Woodgate was given the number 6 shirt here about a week before he left. Quote from Allardyce in tonight's Chronicle.

"When we get Enrique signed it will finalise an excellent few days for us. As far as Dragutinovic is concerned, if it is still a possibility then I will try and pursue it this week."

"When we get Enrique signed it will finalise an excellent few days for us. As far as Dragutinovic is concerned, if it is still a possibility then I will try and pursue it this week."

Good news. Sam and staff can't do all at once so I think we had to postpone this Drago case since we've been busy the last couple of days finalising 3 deals and playing a friendly match.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Even though he had to virtually break off negotiations for Drago when he was alerted that the Spanish outfit were willing to let him have Enrique.

Allardyce told me today: “When we get Enrique signed it will finalise an excellent few days for us. As far as Dragutinovic is concerned, if it is still a possibility then I will try and pursue it this week.”

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=big-sam-s-joy-at-landing-villarreal-ace%26method=full%26objectid=19578008%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Going to be disappointed if this falls through, as a left-footed player of his pedigree/ability/size would be the perfect addition to the defence and would perhaps round-off our summer spending very nicely indeed. All before a competitive ball is kicked, as well.

Magic.

Guest arkanoider

More news about Dragutinovic transfer. He has declared on the Sevilla F.C official web that he is nearer  to staying at the club than signing for Newcastle United. He has said " Not all is money. In a few days, maybe wednesday or thursday, we will make a decision, but now I'm nearer to staying than leaving". Sevilla has offered him a new contract with a raise in his wages.

:-[

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/sevilla/es/desarrollo/1024012.html

http://www.sevillafc.es/_www/actualidad.php?op=not&id=8659&webSFC=7da887a41b20e14cfd238688d62bfeb2

He probably will sign this is just a way of showing the Sevilla fans he isnt just walking out on them, to keep them onside IMO, on the Baines deal we have no chance, and it would be pointless after we have signed Jose Enrique

Sevilla are by far a better and more talented proposition right now than our own club, if he gets the money he wants he could easily decide to stay.

There's no way Sevilla are going to triple his current wage.  Also he wants to play in the Premiership and at 31 if that's going to happen it has to happen now.

How do you know what they are going to pay him?

Even if they doubled it he'd probably go for that imo. Unless he really really wants out, which he's never hinted at.

Sevilla aren't a wealthy club, they're obviously already paying Dragutinovic what they can afford (he's an established player there).  I really can't see them doubling that let alone triple it.  Also as I said he's said he wants to play in the Premiership (but strangely most press seem only to quote his comment on financial rewards..)

Looks like they've offered him a canny deal, as he's 'closer to staying than leaving'

:(