Owen a worry for big kick off

ShearMagic

Guest Gemmill

At least Owen being injured will give the more moronic amongst us a new focus for their gibberish.  Dyer will be pleased. 

Maybe they just don't want to risk him because we do have a perfectly able deputy in Martins. Or is that wishful thinking?

Is it right to call Martins a deputy when he plays far far more often than Owen?

Here's another thing ... let's just suppose that Luque plays in the rest of the friendlies and continues firing on all cylinders and even getting better. Maybe we even try the 4-3-3 with Martins, Viduka and Luque in some of the remaining friendlies and it looks great and we do well with it. Or indeed Martins, Viduka and Milner as the front three.

What happens then if Owen is suddenly fit for the first game having not been a part of any of our pre-season games. Do we automatically put him straight into the team ahead of those who have been playing well and showing form in the pre-season? Ahead of the players who might have shown that they have adjusted well to the 4-3-3 should we get a chance to work on it?

Owen better play in at least a couple of our remaining friendlies or I just don't see any reason why he should be straight back into the team ahead of those who have been playing well.

Here's another thing ... let's just suppose that Luque plays in the rest of the friendlies and continues firing on all cylinders and even getting better. Maybe we even try the 4-3-3 with Martins, Viduka and Luque in some of the remaining friendlies and it looks great and we do well with it. Or indeed Martins, Viduka and Milner as the front three.

What happens then if Owen is suddenly fit for the first game having not been a part of any of our pre-season games. Do we automatically put him straight into the team ahead of those who have been playing well and showing form in the pre-season? Ahead of the players who might have shown that they have adjusted well to the 4-3-3 should we get a chance to work on it?

Owen better play in at least a couple of our remaining friendlies or I just don't see any reason why he should be straight back into the team ahead of those who have been playing well.

He's the best forward at the club. There's your reason.

Oliver's uncredible, he goes on about Martins can leave if we get a £10m bid again.

Sam come's out on the official board and says Martin's not leaving, it's reported that we are negotiating a new contract with no clause in it, yet Oliver won't admit he's wrong. He even repeats practically word for word what he said yesterday.

Yeh, that's the way to get into the new managers good books, basically call him a liar. What a knob.

Maybe they just don't want to risk him because we do have a perfectly able deputy in Martins. Or is that wishful thinking?

Is it right to call Martins a deputy when he plays far far more often than Owen?

I agree there, probably should have said "alternative".

With Viduka and Owen missing tonight's game and Ameobi only playing a part, what's the news on Luque? Is he fit to start?

You do know that we've only got two friendlies left, yeah?

Sorry about writing this on the Owen thread, it's just I can't start threads yet. :weep:

Join the sodding club! Don't worry about it though, just keep posting shite like me, we'll soon get there! (tick another one off) :celb:

He's the best forward at the club. There's your reason.

No player should be undroppable, but I do see your logic. Arsenal dropped Henry and at times were better without him, but at times he made himself undroppable because of his devastating form. If Owen isn't 100% then he shouldn't play, espescially when there are perfectly good alternatives.

Ideally we'd end up with a situation where Owen must fight for his place back in the team because those ahead of him are making themselves difficult to drop. I'll be a lot happier if we're wondering how to fit Owen in the team rather than seeing him walk straight back in.

Guest Gemmill

let's just suppose that Luque plays in the rest of the friendlies and continues firing on all cylinders

:lol:  Should we not first of all suppose that he locates his cylinders, before we get carried away by imagining him firing on them?

Guest Guinness

Another exclusive from the ever reliable Anal Oliver. It seems we plan on playing a fairly inexperienced team tonight saving other players for the Sampdoria mach so I won't be suprised if Owen isn't involved. If he doesn't feature against Sampdoria then maybe his injury is causing some concern, we'll just have to wait and see.

You do know that we've only got two friendlies left, yeah?

Yeah your right, but I think Sam said he might organise some behind closed doors games as well. I was referring to those along with the remaining friendlies.

let's just suppose that Luque plays in the rest of the friendlies and continues firing on all cylinders

:lol:  Should we not first of all suppose that he locates his cylinders, before we get carried away by imagining him firing on them?

Ah ha!

I knew someone would have a pop at Luque, which is why I also included the possibility of a Martins, Viduka & Milner combination firing on all cylinders also.

So your comment is moot pal!  :razz:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Thank God for the miracle workers of Fat Sam's all new backroom staff

For god's sake...

yes, exactly what I thought reading every single one of the two million posts over the last two months about Fat Sam and his fucking backroom staff.