Alan Oliver: 'top manager' contact claim?

KaKa

Dave

I dont know why you bother answering this attention seeking numbnut.

Has there ever been a thread on this site where he has posted that hasnt developed into an argument?

For what it is worth, history has shown numerous times that Oliver dreams up stories just to sell newspapers. That is how they operate by relating headlines to the masses that could be determined at the time as sensationalism but ultimately, fizzle out to nonsense.......................just like the majority of crap that comes from Leazes (NE5) or whatever he calls himself.

hmmm.......macca888 makes an appearance. Still think Keegan was a failure who only spent loads of money macca  mackems.gif

I know people who have worked in Thompson House & agents do ring Oliver for information on the current status at Newcastle, give him names of there clients that are "in talks" or "being watched" by Newcastle. Most of it turns out to be agent bullshit that never comes off.

Oliver will have have Morts number.

On this story however I think someone working on behalf of an unemployed manager or a manger wanting to earn mega bucks is touting his client & the "need a phone number" was just a line. The agency were more than likely hoping the name would be printed & fans would see the name & get behind this unknown manager.  The Chronicle/Icnewcastle is still the staple diet for most Newcastle fans.

Somewhere else in this thread someone said Oliver rips off the offical website!!! ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR all the press bods are at the same press conferences & get the same press releases as well. Of couse he will use quotes off the video footage from Chris Hope's interviews.

As usual, the obvious escapes most people.

If you wanted to contact the chairman of a club there are ways of finding the right details via footballing channels. For example there is a communication system that all clubs have access to, so they can communicate with one another, agents, the FA, the LMA, the PFA, UEFA, FIFA, other leagues and so on. All an agent would have to do is access that system. AO is talking shite.

Are you going to address thomas's post then or what?

I've made my point, and I'm sticking to it. James has also made a good post.

Edit: Looking at it, nobody is saying that he would contact  Alan Oliver by name , but they COULD ask for the major journo of the major local rag who reports on the football club. Other sensible people can see this, and have stated fairly sensible scenarios too. Whatever we think of Oliver, he is the major journo reporting on the club for the major newspaper in the city.

I'm not sure how they can claim to be one of the top agents in the World if they haven't even got a contact number to the 5th best club in the country over the past decade tbh.

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Point out where anyone said they couldn't. We're debating how likely it is that they would.

Still not read that straw-man definition then. I'm getting bored of pointing it out. It's where one deliberately misrepresents another's arguement in order to easily refute it and win.

Example:

Me - a top agent would not contact Oliver for Mort's details.

You - believing Oliver is unable to contact Mort is stupid.

Point out where anyone said they couldn't. We're debating how likely it is that they would.

Still not read that straw-man definition then. I'm getting bored of pointing it out. It's where one deliberately misrepresents another's arguement in order to easily refute it and win.

Example:

:laugh:

There are people on this site who have had more contact with Mort than Oliver.  mackems.gif

Example:

?

Example:

:laugh:

There are people on this site who have had more contact with Mort than Oliver.  mackems.gif

so thats where he's going wrong  :lol:

Of course all the major/medium/minor football agents have Newcastle Uniteds switchboard & fax number (or can get a hold of them) & the fact people are posting methods of how to contact the club/chairman & checking websites is fooking brilliant madness in itself. Oliver has been sucked in by someone calling him saying they dont have the new chairman number as **INSERT MANAGER HERE*** is interested in the job if Sam gets the heave  ho.  The agents are smarter than Alan & they would of been expecting Alan to run one of his legendary Exclusives & the Geordie nation get behind **INSERT MANAGER HERE***  & Sam is forced out by shit results & people power.

Guest Knightrider

All this agent would have had to do is search for his contact details on the internet which can be found via the company he also works for. :lol:

But oh no, they go to the elaborate length of contacting a local journalist to get his contact details, ignoring the communication system they will most certainly have access to that lists the contact details of all chairman, managers and associations within the football industry, Mort's other company, or the club directly.

Guest Knightrider

Of course all the major/medium/minor football agents have Newcastle Uniteds switchboard & fax number (or can get a hold of them) & the fact people are posting methods of how to contact the club/chairman & checking websites is fooking brilliant madness in itself. Oliver has been sucked in by someone calling him saying they dont have the new chairman number as **INSERT MANAGER HERE*** is interested in the job if Sam gets the heave  ho.  The agents are smarter than Alan & they would of been expecting Alan to run one of his legendary Exclusives & the Geordie nation get behind **INSERT MANAGER HERE***  & Sam is forced out by shit results & people power.

The plotline from Snakes on a plane is more plausible man :D

Of course all the major/medium/minor football agents have Newcastle Uniteds switchboard & fax number (or can get a hold of them) & the fact people are posting methods of how to contact the club/chairman & checking websites is fooking brilliant madness in itself. Oliver has been sucked in by someone calling him saying they dont have the new chairman number as **INSERT MANAGER HERE*** is interested in the job if Sam gets the heave  ho.  The agents are smarter than Alan & they would of been expecting Alan to run one of his legendary Exclusives & the Geordie nation get behind **INSERT MANAGER HERE***  & Sam is forced out by s*** results & people power.

The plotline from Snakes on a plane is more plausible man :D

But not as comical as people posting on how to contact Newcastle United & the chairman :razz:

All this agent would have had to do is search for his contact details on the internet which can be found via the company he also works for. :lol:

But oh no, they go to the elaborate length of contacting a local journalist to get his contact details, ignoring the communication system they will most certainly have access to that lists the contact details of all chairman, managers and associations within the football industry, Mort's other company, or the club directly.

It was more fun for the agent to search for and find out who was the local hack, get his number and contact him to find out the mobile number for Mort, he didn't want to take the easy option.  :coolsmiley:

Now that the fat bastard has gone and can't be blamed for anything [correct ?], its now going to be Oliver. One person has even said somewhere that he is actually part of the problem at the club. Mind boggling.

Spence has told us that agents do contact the local journalist for the major paper that covers the club. Why dispute this ? It's fairly obvious that this would be one way of doing it, while accepting there are others.

Whether this information was supposed to be kept confidential is another matter entirely. Time will tell if it is correct. I would say that going through a switchboard was not the most secure method of contacting him either. But there's nowt like misrepresenting someone just because you don't like them is there ?

I wouldn't have thought Chris Mort would put his personal number, landline or mobile, on the internet BTW.

People will be saying next that brown paper bags have never been exchanged on motorway cafe's  :lol:

Whatever people's personal feelings about Alan Oliver, the fact is that local press journo's like him, with all clubs, get to know a lot of things which aren't made public, and they have an extensive list of contacts.

Now that the fat b****** has gone and can't be blamed for anything [correct ?], its now going to be Oliver. One person has even said somewhere that he is actually part of the problem at the club. Mind boggling.

Spence has told us that agents do contact the local journalist for the major paper that covers the club. Why dispute this ? It's fairly obvious that this would be one way of doing it, while accepting there are others.

Whether this information was supposed to be kept confidential is another matter entirely. Time will tell if it is correct. I would say that going through a switchboard was not the most secure method of contacting him either. But there's nowt like misrepresenting someone just because you don't like them is there ?

I wouldn't have thought Chris Mort would put his personal number, landline or mobile, on the internet BTW.

People will be saying next that brown paper bags have never been exchanged on motorway cafe's  :lol:

Whatever people's personal feelings about Alan Oliver, the fact is that local press journo's like him, with all clubs, get to know a lot of things which aren't made public, and they have an extensive list of contacts.

A club employee will be more secure than the local hack though. :lol:

And so do top agencies.

nobody said they didn't. Simple fact though, is people are misrepresenting Olivers story because they don't like him, when it could well be true.

Now that the fat b****** has gone and can't be blamed for anything [correct ?], its now going to be Oliver. One person has even said somewhere that he is actually part of the problem at the club. Mind boggling.

Is that so ?

Spot on & I agree the contact details are out as many people have proved. Maybe someone in this tale didnt want the story to be kept out of the news, that is the way I see it.

Guest Knightrider

And so do top agencies.

nobody said they didn't. Simple fact though, is people are misrepresenting Olivers story because they don't like him, when it could well be true.

Wrong, people just can't fathom why a top agent would ignore plenty of other avenues to contact a chairman, in order to get details from a local reporter instead. And Spence's theory doesn't make any sense either :D