Mort sets the record straight

Guest sicko2ndbest

In that case I don't know, or understand, why you felt the need to say: They did meet according to the media, so what?  I meet my boss every single day of my working life unless one of us is on holiday.

The so what? is answered by my feeling that Sam will be more informed now. Which is good news along with Mort's latest comments.

We agree about Mort's comments yes? :)

In that case I don't know, or understand, why you felt the need to say: They did meet according to the media, so what?  I meet my boss every single day of my working life unless one of us is on holiday.

The so what? is answered by my feeling that Sam will be more informed now. Which is good news along with Mort's latest comments.

The "so what" was because if Allardyce and Mort have a meeting it shouldn't be seen as anything but normal, it's no big deal for them to meet.  The media just love to stir up shit and make it look as if they know something, more often than not they'll know no more, or even less than people on here.

Guest Verlaine

The "so what" was because if Allardyce and Mort have a meeting it shouldn't be seen as anything but normal, it's no big deal for them to meet.  The media just love to stir up s*** and make it look as if they know something, more often than not they'll know no more, or even less than people on here.

'a meeting' is somewhat different to just 'meeting,' though. Although, yes, not that rare of an occurance. But 'a meeting' is generally to discuss some specific concern.

I think there has been a lack of communication with Allardyce too, though he will have known more than us. But didn't they just meet again for talks two or three days ago. Hopefully Sam is more relaxed now, as we should be also.

They did meet according to the media, so what?  I meet my boss every single day of my working life unless one of us is on holiday.

Hmm, I was actually replying to a post of Baggio's. More specifically his last paragraph. In the meantime three other posts arrvive making it look, perhaps, as though I was replying to you.

BAGGIO: Have I been on the wind up? I suppose I have in a way but I was (and still am) genuinely worried about going into the season without the players we need, as I've said we heard it all last summer how we'd get the players in we need but ended up with the likes of Bernard at the last minute, I've got alot more faith in Allardyce but there's still a question mark over Mort and his ability to deliver, Sam's comments haven't helped the situation either if I'm being honest.

And then me: I think there has been a lack of communication with Allardyce too, though he will have known more than us. But didn't they just meet again for talks two or three days ago. Hopefully Sam is more relaxed now, as we should be also.

I see I'll have to use [ quote ] more often.

The quote button is your friend, GypsyKing. O0

Tbhwy I didn't know you were replying to me.

read the interview, and agree with everything said in a nutshell. I feel a lot more secure knowing that we have people in charge who are intelligent - it's a refeshing change.

'a meeting' is somewhat different to just 'meeting,' though. Although, yes, not that rare of an occurance. But 'a meeting' is generally to discuss some specific concern.

I know the difference between "meeting" and "a meeting", having a meeting is a good way of communicating without things getting in the way, it doesn't have to, but could include concerns.

Guest Verlaine

I know the difference between "meeting" and "a meeting", having a meeting is a good way of communicating without things getting in the way, it doesn't have to, but could include concerns.

I'm sure you do. It just didn't seem that way from your above posts.

Not sure what record he's setting straight...You bought a football club and you want to make it work?

Shocking idea isn't it, wanting to buy something and then build it up... don't billionaires routinely loose money? (/sarcasm)

I'm more than happy with what Morts been saying. The fact that he rarely speaks out makes a refreshing change from the bumbling bafoons that used to run the club, in contrast Mort comes accross as something a smooth operator.

In all honesty if the club is really laden with 80 million quid with a debt then I'm not surprised that Mort and Ashley would be paying attention to it, wouldn't you? I't refreshing to hear that our new chairman is NOT a Ridsdale kind of character, something I think we should all be thankful for.

Regarding signings; Alan Smith is a decent replacement for Dyer, albeit a completely different kind of player with different attacking options; if anything it adds a bit of bite to the attack/attacking midfield. It just means we have more options.

Defenders though remain a priority, and I'd like to see a CB and a LB. Honestly I do not care who they are and where they come from as long as they do the job better than our previous clowns, free transfers would be fine as long as they have the calibre.

:)

Guest shaun11177

Well the published accounts show 70m debt but they probably found that the Martins money was borrowed as well so its actually 80m.

Maybe someone who knows nothing about the club and treats it dispassionately could be the answer.

Guest Phil K

I think I'd prefer not to comment on what he says or doesn't say.

Lets see how we're doing before we criticise/praise, eh ?

I find it amusing that the very people slagging others off are praising the bloke, even though he's done f*** all, and the signings are thin on the ground and the money available even thinner !

Still - proof of the puddings in the eating, so we shall see.

Aye.  Weird isn't it?  I love the fact that we barely hear from this bloke, but that when we do it's worth listening to.  Honestly the more this goes on the more I think the press/other fans are spot on in their assessment of a sizeable minority of our fans.  They want razzmatazz and soundbites more than they want a club that's run correctly.

That's exactly how I feel, when he talks you get some sense out of him which isn't something we've had for a while, I keep saying it but it is refreshing.  Everything he's said is what I would have wanted/expected him to say if he was doing the job right.

I think he's making a mistake if he doesn't move his family up here but he'll learn that one for himself.  It will help him at first as he can bang the hours in without having to rush home to a wife but after a while he'll not need to work 24/7 and that's when he'll get pissed off.  Having said that, it wouldn't hurt his pocket too much if he got the first plane up here on a morning and the last plane back down on a night, it's only 40 minutes to Heathrow from Newcastle.

Then 2 hours to get through Heathrow and another hour to get to north london  :laugh:

Guest Invicta_Toon

I did say that debt and spending did not affect each other.  :parky:

No. I said that.

it was me actually

Have the hystericals shut their traps now that Mort has come out, again, in the media to placate their little souls with some words?

On this forum?

pshshshhahaahaahaahahaAHAHAHAAAA......