Barton charged with Assault

Guest gggg

Any of you actually had an argument with a frenchman? I fully support his actions.

In all seriousness, a lot of them dont have any conception of a proper fight. They are mouthy and arrogant and then are left wondering wtf just happened when they get a smack in the gob. I've lived amongst them for 3 years so part of me wonders how far Dabo pushed him before he got twatted.

Not that i condone hitting frenchmen of course.  :laugh:

:lol: Aye, probably.

I might be wrong but it seemed to be a male thing, the French females I've known were not too bad, they were huffy but not unhygienic like the lads.  French males seem to think hygiene is some sort of greeting.

:lol: Aye, probably.

I might be wrong but it seemed to be a male thing, the French females I've known were not too bad, they were huffy but not unhygienic like the lads.  French males seem to think hygiene is some sort of greeting.

Very condescending in my experience and the thought of a radgee Scouser and a french tosser going toe to toe just makes me laugh. No contest.

I bet he wound Barton up and i bet Dabo is an arrogant prick. Imo of course.

can see him doing some time for this. Big name footballer, perfect person to make an example of.

Suprised he is denying it, but I guess we dont know the facts. Quite possible Dabo might have provoked it, is it Joeys fault he landed with the punches rather than the usual girly misses?

Ok, expect to find him missing for a few months.

If he has been charged with actuall bodily harm the maximum penalty is 5 years!  However in over 10years experience i cannot remember anyone getting sent to prison for ABH unless they have an appalling list of previous convictions, even then the time is measured in months not years.  In the unlikely event he gets jail it will be a few months maximum. Hoever prison at all is very unlikely

Charged with assault which carries a max of 6 months at the Magistrates I think. 5 years if it went to Crown Court though (I think).

Charged with assault which carries a max of 6 months at the Magistrates I think. 5 years if it went to Crown Court though (I think).

You think correct, though even if its dealt with at magistrates (which it will be unless barton requests a crown trial)  then the magistrates can send him to crown for sentancing after conviction.

Either way, fine is most likely. In fact, if he's pleading not guilty there's a chance he might get off as he's likely to be acting on advice.

Either way, fine is most likely. In fact, if he's pleading not guilty there's a chance he might get off as he's likely to be acting on advice.

The fact they've charged him means they think they've got enough evidence for a conviction, it's up to Barton's barrister to fight his corner by saying he was provoked by Dabo, then you pile on the sob story about his upbringing in a children's home, I think I read somewhere his cousin dies in Iraq a few days before which was putting extra emotional stress on him, Dabo shoving him was the final straw.

Slapped wrist, a few grand fine and if he's really unlucky some community service, probably teaching kids football like Cantona did.

It'll be interesting to see how many of the City players are prepared to stand up in court against him.

"Well Mr Barton, I feel the evidence is fairly cut and dried and the best course of action is to plead guilty and claim mitigating circumstances on your behalf"

* Barton lets out a bellow and rushing forward grabs lawyer in headlock, wheeling him around the room knocking over the chairs and papers*

"Youse calling me a liar like?!  Come 'head then, come 'head, I'll fuckin do ya like I did that French cunt!"

"Ah, ah, ah, on second thoughts Mr Barton I fully support your plea of not guilty, you're obviously blameless!"

Guest Invicta_Toon

Up to 5 years if guilty says the Times.

Inside? Utter nonsense.

thats 5 years maximum, but that would be for the absolute worst of crime, and joey has money and as we all know rich people dont really go to prison.

he's fuckiung chav footballing scum, of course he's going down. this is no david beckham we're talking about here

Ever been arrested?

Its what they do. 'You'll get 5 years for this!' just like the papers, send the willys up those who don't know its all talk.

Prison are too full anyway, no chance they'll put him in when the can fine him and humiliate him if needed.

Ever been arrested?

Its what they do. 'You'll get 5 years for this!' just like the papers, send the willys up those who don't know its all talk.

Prison are too full anyway, no chance they'll put him in when the can fine him and humiliate him if needed.

It's the maximum sentence for assault if it goes to Crown Court (unlikely). Assault can include things like assaulting a person under the age of 16 (if you're an adult), aggravated assault, assaulting a police officer etc., etc. All of which are far worse than this. I would imagine the sentencing guidelines for something like this means a custodial sentence of any kind is unlikely.

Ever been arrested?

It's the maximum sentence for assault if it goes to Crown Court (unlikely). Assault can include things like assaulting a person under the age of 16 (if you're an adult), aggravated assault, assaulting a police officer etc., etc. All of which are far worse than this. I would imagine the sentencing guidelines for something like this means a custodial sentence of any kind is unlikely.

Aye. Barton will go with (sorry can't think what the one i was thinking of, common?) for this, he might even plead guilty to that charge in the end, if so there is no way he'll be going to prison for it. A few cuts and bruises, it wasn't anything serious. Like i said, i know someone who was glassed in the face, the person who did it admitted it, and wasn't jailed for it because the prisons are too full and only serious wounding and repeat offenders are doing custodial.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Ever been arrested?

Aye. Barton will go with (sorry can't think what the one i was thinking of, common?) for this, he might even plead guilty to that charge in the end, if so there is no way he'll be going to prison for it. A few cuts and bruises, it wasn't anything serious. Like i said, i know someone who was glassed in the face, the person who did it admitted it, and wasn't jailed for it because the prisons are too full and only serious wounding and repeat offenders are doing custodial.

and the judge will go ... I see you have a history of violent behaviour, you chav cunt, I'm going to make an example out of you boy

Ever been arrested?

and the judge will go ... I see you have a history of violent behaviour, you chav cunt, I'm going to make an example out of you boy

He'll win on appeal that its only because of his status as a footballer that he's getting treated like that. Does he have other convictions? (seriously i do not know if he has or not)

PS: I think its ABH i was thinking of. (for above)

Ever been arrested?

and the judge will go ... I see you have a history of violent behaviour, you chav c***, I'm going to make an example out of you boy

Does he?

Ever been arrested?

The judge in the Magistrates Court? Ok.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Ever been arrested?

and the judge will go ... I see you have a history of violent behaviour, you chav c***, I'm going to make an example out of you boy

Does he?

are you seriously going to dispute that? you're just getting daft now tbh

Guest yoshi

Hope he gets jailed until his foot heals fully. That'll learn him.

Better pray he doesn't end up in a brawl in jail and break the other one. :)

Footballer Joey Barton has pleaded not guilty to assaulting a former team-mate in a training ground bust up.

The Newcastle United midfielder, formerly of Manchester City, is accused of attacking Ousmane Dabo at City's training ground complex on 1 May.

Mr Barton, 24, appeared at Trafford Magistrates' Court to deny assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

He was released on unconditional bail to appear back at the same court again on 4 October.

After arriving in court on crutches, Mr Barton spoke only to confirm his name and address before entering his plea.

David Alcock, prosecuting, described the incident as a "vicious attack" during the 10-minute hearing.

Mr Barton, who was born in Liverpool, was arrested after an alleged incident in Carrington, south Manchester.

He was suspended by City and subsequently sold to Newcastle United in a £5.8m deal in June.

The midfielder, who has also featured in the England squad, is now out of action after fracturing a metatarsal in his left foot.

The charge carries a maximum sentence of up to five years in jail.