Barton charged with Assault

Guest gggg

Guest teepee

what do we do if he is found guilty - can we at least cancel his contract?

how about the money to city?

if all this money has been gambled with by sam and the club i will be very dissapointed.

As someone who's just been involved in a similar sort of thing - on the Dabo end of it - I'll be shocked if jail comes into it. I got compensation from the guilty party - who even had previous - and that was it. Haven't had the cash yet, either, and this is 5 months on.

I wouldn't worry too much. The only thing, as Baggio said previously, is the worry of an example being made out of him.

Hefty fine is surely the most likely outcome, though.

Up to 5 years if guilty says the Times.

Ever been arrested?

Its what they do. 'You'll get 5 years for this!' just like the papers, send the willys up those who don't know its all talk.

Prison are too full anyway, no chance they'll put him in when the can fine him and humiliate him if needed.

It's the maximum sentence for assault if it goes to Crown Court (unlikely). Assault can include things like assaulting a person under the age of 16 (if you're an adult), aggravated assault, assaulting a police officer etc., etc. All of which are far worse than this. I would imagine the sentencing guidelines for something like this means a custodial sentence of any kind is unlikely.

Aye. Barton will go with (sorry can't think what the one i was thinking of, common?) for this, he might even plead guilty to that charge in the end, if so there is no way he'll be going to prison for it. A few cuts and bruises, it wasn't anything serious. Like i said, i know someone who was glassed in the face, the person who did it admitted it, and wasn't jailed for it because the prisons are too full and only serious wounding and repeat offenders are doing custodial.

and the judge will go ... I see you have a history of violent behaviour, you chav c***, I'm going to make an example out of you boy

Does he?

are you seriously going to dispute that? you're just getting daft now tbh

Vic lives!!!

Guest teepee

alright - cheers. it is just that in denmark you will get a short sentence for that sort of thing.

so i though that with his history and the fact that we are very "weak" on crime in denmark, he might be looking at a more serious sentence

i believe that he'd get 40 days ind denmark.

I would assume there is a reason he has pleaded not guilty, I doubt he has a bad solicitor. They must have some belief he can get off this.

Not necessarily. Barton strikes me as the sort of person who always thinks he's in the right.

I think he's up against it here. When you consider that the witnesses will be his ex-colleagues at Man City I don't think there will be many rallying to his support. If he's hoping to argue that it was self-defence, he won't get much back up.

Via .com

From the Manchester Evening News, Thurs:

Former Manchester City player Joey Barton appeared at Trafford Magistrates' Court this morning.

Joseph Anthony Barton, aged 24, of Foxbank Close, Widnes - who was signed by Newcastle United for more than £5m this summer - is accused of attacking former team mate Ousmane Dabo during a training ground bust-up.

Barton is currently injured and walked into court using crutches, with his left foot in a support.

He was wearing a white tee shirt, grey tracksuit bottoms and white Nike trainers and stood throughout the hearing.

He spoke only to confirm his home address and plead "not guilty" to the charge of actual bodily harm.

The alleged incident occurred following a practice match between the first team's players at the club's Carrington training ground on May 1.

It's claimed that following heated exchanges Dabo was knocked unconscious and was later treated in hospital for injuries to his eye, nose and lip.

It's believed the incident was witnessed by at least one first team player, now at another club.

After Trafford Magistrates' declined jurisdiction for the case the Crown was granted eight weeks to allow "reluctant witness summons" to take place.

Barton was granted unconditional bail and must appear again for a committal hearing at Trafford Magistrates' Court on October 4.

(Dabo was one of three players transfer-listed by City this week).

Surely they are just taking the piss? that or he is turning up looking like that!

Up to 5 years if guilty says the Times.

Ever been arrested?

Its what they do. 'You'll get 5 years for this!' just like the papers, send the willys up those who don't know its all talk.

Prison are too full anyway, no chance they'll put him in when the can fine him and humiliate him if needed.

It's the maximum sentence for assault if it goes to Crown Court (unlikely). Assault can include things like assaulting a person under the age of 16 (if you're an adult), aggravated assault, assaulting a police officer etc., etc. All of which are far worse than this. I would imagine the sentencing guidelines for something like this means a custodial sentence of any kind is unlikely.

Aye. Barton will go with (sorry can't think what the one i was thinking of, common?) for this, he might even plead guilty to that charge in the end, if so there is no way he'll be going to prison for it. A few cuts and bruises, it wasn't anything serious. Like i said, i know someone who was glassed in the face, the person who did it admitted it, and wasn't jailed for it because the prisons are too full and only serious wounding and repeat offenders are doing custodial.

and the judge will go ... I see you have a history of violent behaviour, you chav c***, I'm going to make an example out of you boy

Does he?

are you seriously going to dispute that? you're just getting daft now tbh

They take into account previous things he's been found guilty of in court, not what they've read in the daily Mirror.

As far as I know he hasn't been found guilty of anything in court before.

Via .com

From the Manchester Evening News, Thurs:

Former Manchester City player Joey Barton appeared at Trafford Magistrates' Court this morning.

Joseph Anthony Barton, aged 24, of Foxbank Close, Widnes - who was signed by Newcastle United for more than £5m this summer - is accused of attacking former team mate Ousmane Dabo during a training ground bust-up.

Barton is currently injured and walked into court using crutches, with his left foot in a support.

He was wearing a white tee shirt, grey tracksuit bottoms and white Nike trainers and stood throughout the hearing.

He spoke only to confirm his home address and plead "not guilty" to the charge of actual bodily harm.

The alleged incident occurred following a practice match between the first team's players at the club's Carrington training ground on May 1.

It's claimed that following heated exchanges Dabo was knocked unconscious and was later treated in hospital for injuries to his eye, nose and lip.

It's believed the incident was witnessed by at least one first team player, now at another club.

After Trafford Magistrates' declined jurisdiction for the case the Crown was granted eight weeks to allow "reluctant witness summons" to take place.

Barton was granted unconditional bail and must appear again for a committal hearing at Trafford Magistrates' Court on October 4.

(Dabo was one of three players transfer-listed by City this week).

Surely they are just taking the piss? that or he is turning up looking like that!

does it makes a difference ? whats a scouser in a suit called anyway ?

the accused.

He has to plead not guilty to begin with to get a plea bargain from the prosecutor

Is he being tried in New York like?

I would assume there is a reason he has pleaded not guilty, I doubt he has a bad solicitor. They must have some belief he can get off this.

Not necessarily. Barton strikes me as the sort of person who always thinks he's in the right.

I think he's up against it here. When you consider that the witnesses will be his ex-colleagues at Man City I don't think there will be many rallying to his support. If he's hoping to argue that it was self-defence, he won't get much back up.

I would guess his highly paid legal team would strongly advise him against it if it was a clear cut case.