José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest BooBoo

Everything's playing into the clubs hands here. A late move in the window will allow them to play their favourite card, i.e. "shucks, there was simply not enough time to bring in a replacement and we weren't willing to pay the silly prices we were quoted."

Everything's playing into the clubs hands here. A late move in the window will allow them to play their favourite card, i.e. "shucks, they was simply not enough time to bring in a replacement and we weren't willing to pay the silly prices we were quoted."

Aye, winds me up that they're going to get to play this shit again

Everything's playing into the clubs hands here. A late move in the window will allow them to play their favourite card, i.e. "shucks, they was simply not enough time to bring in a replacement and we weren't willing to pay the silly prices we were quoted."

Aye, winds me up that they're going to get to play this s*** again

See, I'm not sure this will happen this time. The only reason it happened in Carroll's case is because it was an obscene amount of money. I think if we've not signed a left-back already and there's a bid on the last day, unless we've got someone lined up ourselves I think we'll reject it.

Aye, winds me up that they're going to get to play this s*** again

See, I'm not sure this will happen this time. The only reason it happened in Carroll's case is because it was an obscene amount of money. I think if we've not signed a left-back already and there's a bid on the last day, unless we've got someone lined up ourselves I think we'll reject it.

:mackems:

The way you were talking you'd think it's common practice with us. It happened once, and even then didn't we reject £30m that day? Unless it's mental money for Enrique which won't happen, I don't think it'll go to deadline day with him.

We did exactly the same with Milner, and neither he or Carroll were in the last year of their contracts.

We still had Jonas, Duff & N'Zogbia at the club who could play his role then though. Unless we get a left-back beforehand, there's no way Enrique will be allowed to go that late in the day.

Guest BooBoo

Nut, you're a great poster on here, one of my favourites in fact. But if you think we'd turn down a last minute deal for Enrique, then you're living in cloud cuckoo land. We'd snap up the cash quicker than you can say "get to da chopper!"

Even with no left-back here? I think he'd sooner take his chances and flog in January than do that. If Ferguson had been fit, or we'd signed that Neil Taylor I could see it happening of course, but if we don't sign a left-back, I can't see even us being stupid enough to sell unless there's somebody coming in on deadline day to replace him.

Guest BooBoo

I genuinely think the club would press on with Ferguson at LB.

He's in his last year man, there's now way on earth we'd risk losing a fee on him.

Nut, you're a great poster on here, one of my favourites in fact. But if you think we'd turn down a last minute deal for Enrique, then you're living in cloud cuckoo land. We'd snap up the cash quicker than you can say "get to da chopper!"

This. As if Ashley and Derek would care if we had a replacement for him.

Guest BooBoo

How long's Ferguson out for?

Don't think it's been announced. Even if he's unfit, we'd sooner play someone out of position rather than risk losing £xmillion.

I could see if gambling with Ferguson for 3-4 months if he was fit at left-back, but I doubt we'd throw Tavernier there.