José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Taking advantage of a club in financial turmoil by looking to sign 3rd choice keeper because harper spat his dummy out.

much like trying to steal from a beggar but get chase away by him

In a way but are we really worse off though?

Latest rumour is that he took a pay cut to join Liverpool.  ???

Don't blame him.

He's made a massive mistake signing for us...think he'll be regretting it by Christmas.

Yeah, think he should put in a transfer request now. Wouldn't begrudge him in the slightest.

In fact, I think they should all go, and Pardew and his team as well, should never have come to us as we're totally shit.

In fact, I think we should get rid of the club, total embarrassment to the city, wouldn't begrudge the demolition men in the slightest (though to be honest we're probably not good enough for them, they probably think we're small fry with our lop sided mess).

In fact, fuck Newcastle full stop. If we can't persuade a left back to stay in the city rather than go to traditional giants like Liverpool waving wedge in his face and an unarguably greater chance of National recognition whether they're in Europe or not, we should just give up, burn it to the ground, and move to Wearside.

BottledDog's post needs to be framed and hung on the walls here.

:clap:

I know it's a British thing to put ourselves down, but we really need to remember what club we support at times.

Maybe we should take the same approach to politics. Abolish elections, if anyone criticizes the government, mock them for being a whinging cunt and tell them to shut the fuck up, they could live in Zimbabwe and don't know how good they've got it.

Don't blame him.

He's made a massive mistake signing for us...think he'll be regretting it by Christmas.

Yeah, think he should put in a transfer request now. Wouldn't begrudge him in the slightest.

In fact, I think they should all go, and Pardew and his team as well, should never have come to us as we're totally s***.

In fact, I think we should get rid of the club, total embarrassment to the city, wouldn't begrudge the demolition men in the slightest (though to be honest we're probably not good enough for them, they probably think we're small fry with our lop sided mess).

In fact, f*** Newcastle full stop. If we can't persuade a left back to stay in the city rather than go to traditional giants like Liverpool waving wedge in his face and an unarguably greater chance of National recognition whether they're in Europe or not, we should just give up, burn it to the ground, and move to Wearside.

I know it's a British thing to put ourselves down, but we really need to remember what club we support at times.

Maybe we should take the same approach to politics. Abolish elections, if anyone criticizes the government, mock them for being a whinging c*** and tell them to shut the f*** up, they could live in Zimbabwe and don't know how good they've got it.

...or you could be called wullie and support man city yet still moan about how bad it is at the club.

Don't blame him.

In fact, I think they should all go, and Pardew and his team as well, should never have come to us as we're totally shit.

In fact, fuck Newcastle full stop. If we can't persuade a left back to stay in the city rather than go to traditional giants like Liverpool waving wedge in his face and an unarguably greater chance of National recognition whether they're in Europe or not, we should just give up, burn it to the ground, and move to Wearside.

Maybe we should take the same approach to politics. Abolish elections, if anyone criticizes the government, mock them for being a whinging cunt and tell them to shut the fuck up, they could live in Zimbabwe and don't know how good they've got it.

Wullie taking it to a whole new level O0

Don't blame him.

Of course you don't, it's every Newcastle supporters dream to w*** over the glory of the Mersey legends  :smitten:

Their owners are showing more ambition than ours. End of.

If you call spunking way too much money on players ambition then yes. Only the Suarez and Enrique fees were sane figures imo

Fucking irrelevant, tbh. The fact that they are spending money on bringing new players to the club is a sign of ambition.

At this moment in time, we can't compete with them. Enrique said it himself ffs - "Liverpool and Newcastle fight for different things. Liverpool want to be in the top four and Newcastle want to stay in the division. I think that is different."

Don't blame him.

Of course you don't, it's every Newcastle supporters dream to w*** over the glory of the Mersey legends  :smitten:

Their owners are showing more ambition than ours. End of.

If you call spunking way too much money on players ambition then yes. Only the Suarez and Enrique fees were sane figures imo

f***ing irrelevant, tbh. The fact that they are spending money on bringing new players to the club is a sign of ambition.

At this moment in time, we can't compete with them. Enrique said it himself ffs - "Liverpool and Newcastle fight for different things. Liverpool want to be in the top four and Newcastle want to stay in the division. I think that is different."

It's not irrelevant though.  Signing players for silly money won't get then 4 th no matter what players say

Personally I think we ll do well with the players we aquired including one Liverpool wanted, just without spending half our annual turnover on them like Liverpool have

If Henry is a billionaire like Abramovich who wants to raise social status / increase his political power then yes, spending silly money isn't a problem because he is not aiming for monetary returns.

However, what I think is, he isn't.  Henry wants to copy Glazier's work and his is now "investing" money into the club and aim at getting returns, either by dividends or future sales of the club ownership.  In this case, such silly spending will definitely backfire unless Dalglish did a miracle this season by climbing back to Big 4.  But to do so they have to compete with Arsenal and Tottenham - which obviously they are still way behind in terms of squad strength.

If Henry is a billionaire like Abramovich who wants to raise social status / increase his political power then yes, spending silly money isn't a problem because he is not aiming for monetary returns.

However, what I think is, he isn't.  Henry wants to copy Glazier's work and his is now "investing" money into the club and aim at getting returns, either by dividends or future sales of the club ownership.  In this case, such silly spending will definitely backfire unless Dalglish did a miracle this season by climbing back to Big 4.  But to do so they have to compete with Arsenal and Tottenham - which obviously they are still way behind in terms of squad strength.

I think this is what it is and I think Henry might be taking advice from the wrong people (i.e. Dalglish) as to how the "investment" should be used.

Henry has stated quite categorically they won't be taking any dividends from the club, nor put debt on to the club.  It's the way they operate. 

I agree that sometime in the future they will sell at a big profit, but also, they got the club on the cheap in the first place so even if they just wanted to keep it ticking over with a small margin of profit at the end of each season, they'd get their money back plus.  They are winners though and that is their aim for Liverpool.

Could one of you super scouts show me where the silly spending is?  From what I've seen up to now the players we've bought are exactly what we needed, and with another defender brought in I'll regard it as a successful window considering we couldn't offer CL.  Net spend under Henry is 47 million, the new shirt deal alone will take care of half of that.

Dalglish is the best one I could think of to get us back in to the CL.  He was a winner as a player and manager, we haven't just brought him back in to raise the fans spirits, this man knows how to get us where we need to be.

Don't blame him.

:lol: :lol:

Yep, he's finally cracked. Only a matter of time before Wullie's stood at the top of the Tyne Bridge.

Henry has stated quite categorically they won't be taking any dividends from the club, nor put debt on to the club.  It's the way they operate. 

I agree that sometime in the future they will sell at a big profit, but also, they got the club on the cheap in the first place so even if they just wanted to keep it ticking over with a small margin of profit at the end of each season, they'd get their money back plus.  They are winners though and that is their aim for Liverpool.

Could one of you super scouts show me where the silly spending is?  From what I've seen up to now the players we've bought are exactly what we needed, and with another defender brought in I'll regard it as a successful window considering we couldn't offer CL.  Net spend under Henry is 47 million, the new shirt deal alone will take care of half of that.

Dalglish is the best one I could think of to get us back in to the CL.  He was a winner as a player and manager, we haven't just brought him back in to raise the fans spirits, this man knows how to get us where we need to be.

It all sounds great...and then Liverpool 1 Sunderland 1 brings you crashing back down to earth.

No it doesn't.  We played very well in the first half, should have been 3-0 up.  The new players will settle in and then we'll see.

You obviously don't seem to want to be convinced otherwise, so by all means continue to believe that.

Good to see someone with some hope for their club for a change :lol:

Why should I be convinced otherwise?  Explain your understanding of how our club is working, you seem to think you know better.   

Until such time as I see that the owners have lied I'll take them at face value.

Really Jordan Henderson for £16m plus addons was exactly what you needed?

Yes, we need good young English players for the future. His price tag is immaterial, it's what you pay for English players.  The bonus of English players is that they know the Prem, know the  English weather and more or less know the areas they'll be living in, so no language barriers, no horror at the thought of playing on a cold December night in some godforsaken town and no surprise at the pace of the Prem.

I don't think he's starting 11 every week material  yet, but we have good coaches who will keep him improving.  He's calm on the ball, fluid, not spectacular, but he's got the natural technique to become a very good player in the future.

Yes, we need good young English players for the future. His price tag is immaterial, it's what you pay for English players.  The bonus of English players is that they know the Prem, know the  English weather and more or less know the areas they'll be living in, so no language barriers, no horror at the thought of playing on a cold December night in some godforsaken town and no surprise at the pace of the Prem.

I don't think he's starting 11 every week material  yet, but we have good coaches who will keep him improving.  He's calm on the ball, fluid, not spectacular, but he's got the natural technique to become a very good player in the future.

If you think you will be back in the CL with such an insular view as that while Man City are buying Aguero and Chelsea are hunting down Modric you need help. Suarez has been the best buy Liverpool made in the last 12 months and that was probably done over King Kunny's head. 

Oh yea Dalglish is just the type to let things be done over his head without making a fuss, get real.   Suarez was being tracked under Rafa.  Kenny was asked did he want him he said yes, definitely. 

It remains to be seen who will shine out of our new players.  Downing is looking very likely and with the LB now sorted those two positions are looking very good.

I don't have an insular view at all, there are 4 CL places or did you think City and Chelsea would have their reserve teams in too?  Arsenal and Spurs will probably be the ones we're competing with and I'm quite confident we can compete.

You've hired the wrong manager mate. Arsenal and Spurs will sign the right players even if it's later in the window and you will be left scratching your head wondering how the fuck did we spend the best part of £100m on players who were considered shit in the Championshp just 12 months ago.

You've hired the wrong manager mate. Arsenal and Spurs will sign the right players even if it's later in the window and you will be left scratching your head wondering how the f*** did we spend £100m on players who were considered s*** in the Championshp just 12 months ago.

I see, you really don't know anything about football. 

Whether Arsenal and Spurs sign the 'right players' or not doesn't matter, we've signed the right players for us and that's the important thing. 

How would you know who was or wasn't the right manager for any club?  Who do you think you are, Mystic Meg?  Dalglish has never failed to deliver at Liverpool and he spent 13 years here before this second stint.  I think I'll judge him on that rather than some nobody who doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

If it's you who considered them shit then I'd say it's 47 million well spent.

You've hired the wrong manager mate. Arsenal and Spurs will sign the right players even if it's later in the window and you will be left scratching your head wondering how the f*** did we spend £100m on players who were considered s*** in the Championshp just 12 months ago.

Whether Arsenal and Spurs sign the 'right players' or not doesn't matter, we've signed the right players for us and that's the important thing. 

How would you know who was or wasn't the right manager for any club?  Who do you think you are, Mystic Meg?  Dalglish has never failed to deliver at Liverpool and he spent 13 years here before this second stint.  I think I'll judge him on that rather than some nobody who doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

If it's you who considered them shit then I'd say it's 47 million well spent.

I'm not Mystic Meg nor would I want to be because she's just some daft bint who writes for the paper who you should have been boycotting if you knew any better. If you think I don't know about your manager you're very much wrong as I saw first hand what he did to our club when he was manager here. He didn't do much better when he fled to Celtic with John Barnes as his sidekick either. Your American owners seem to be as clueless about football as Ashley and co. Enjoy the experiment.

Oh Jose, if you'd just hung on a bit longer.

http://www.nuevofutbol.com/2011/08/19/fc-barcelona-intento-hasta-ultima-hora-el-fichaje-de-jose-enrique/

VI, your help would be appreciated but if I understand this correctly...

It says Barcelona made a late bid but wouldn't match what Liverpool had offered in terms of wages, etc, and reckons the fee is €11m plus add-ons. Also says Arsenal made a late bid which was €500k more than what Liverpool paid.

Again, seems tricky to translate though.

EDIT: Or is that €11m what Liverpool are paying Enrique rather than paid us? I don't know. :undecided:

If it's you who considered them s*** then I'd say it's 47 million well spent.

I'm not Mystic Meg nor would I want to be because she's just some daft bint who writes for the paper who you should have been boycotting if you knew any better. If you think I don't know about your manager you're very much wrong as I saw first hand what he did to our club when he was manager here. He didn't do much better when he fled to Celtic with John Barnes as his sidekick either. Your American owners seem to be as clueless about football as Ashley and co. Enjoy the experiment.

As I said, you don't have a clue.

Last time I saw anything to do with MM was in the early days of the lottery, and boycotting something I've never read in my life is easy.

4 League titles and two FA Cups says you haven't a clue about Dalglish as a manager, tell me which one of your previous managers was as good as that.

Our Amreican owners are the first to admit they don't know about football but they want to learn and have put all the right people there to teach them.

Phil B, not having a go at you personally, so just calm down first.

I am not going to argue about whether Dalglish is the right person since it's controversial.  What I am saying is, Liverpool isn't financially that strong. You should go back and check your accounts for the last 4 years and see how much loss you have incurred. It's not like you have 50m net profit every year and so the 45m net spent + the new shirt deal means break even. No. My own projection shows that this year you would have a loss over 60m (since no matter what you won't have any Euro competition). That is a staggering amount that you should be really worrying at. Yes if you have built a new squad and this is strong enough to climb back to big4 and possibly challenge for CL next year then ok no problem, excellent work. I can only clap my hands and say fuck off Ashley you cunts. But what if, you can't? Will Henry continue to invest like what Abramovich did, after spending so much after Ranieri's reign? People always forget the it actually took 3 windows and over 150m spend to build the invincible Chelsea under Mourinho.

See where the problem lies? I am not saying you are destined for failure, I am saying your club is now making a very very risky gamble, which the chance of winning the jackpot is less than probable. And the consequence of losing the gamble - I don't know, probably a long period of no investment and cost-cutting regime. Do not hope that your club would be sold easily because Henry must demand a high price and the current global financial atmosphere is fucking shit.

And in this sense, you should understand why we said those players aren't good enough, because they didn't give you a distinct advantage over Spurs and Arsenal, that you have to take a bad gamble this season.