José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

We desperately need to pull out all the stops to keep this lad, he's an integral part of the team. If Enrique goes that makes Guti and Colo unsettled too imo. Three amigos man, can't be broken up.

what is all the stops though ?

Fat Mike getting his wallet out, buying good players and showing the squad that the club has some ambition.

hasn't he put enough in ? isn't that whats destroying football (man city chelsea etc)? do you feel comfortablt telling other what to do with their money for your benefit ?

He is far better than baines and I would o as far to say that he is on a par with ashley cole seen as he's never reproduced his form froma few years ago...

I would deffo have him in the 15M bracket.

If we did get 15 million for him I wouldn't be so miffed, anything less and to an enlish club would seriuously P me off...

He is far better than baines and I would o as far to say that he is on a par with ashley cole seen as he's never reproduced his form froma few years ago...

I would deffo have him in the 15M bracket.

If we did get 15 million for him I wouldn't be so miffed, anything less and to an enlish club would seriuously P me off...

not so sure about that like. maybe better defensivly, going forward enrique can dribble past players more but baines takes up better positions and baines's distribution is much better.

I think the reason he doesn't go so far up the field is because Jonas likes to hug the touchline and he doesn't really get that many chances to bomb through on the overlap.

Baines is definitely better going forward than defending IMO.

I think people massively underestimate the 'Three Amigos' thing.  You can see it in the way they play together.  I'd be prepared to smash out an 80k a week deal for him to stay, he's that important to us.

If we give him 50p more than the wage cap the world will fall in though. That's one step away from doing a Portsmouth or something.

I think people massively underestimate the 'Three Amigos' thing.  You can see it in the way they play together.  I'd be prepared to smash out an 80k a week deal for him to stay, he's that important to us.

If we give him 50p more than the wage cap the world will fall in though. That's one step away from doing a Portsmouth or something.

Surely that 50p could come from the Carroll pile of dough?

Guest Stephen927

I'm totally against breaking the wage cap for a left back like. It sets a very dangerous precedent with the rest of the squad and potential signings.

He's certainly not "far better than Baines like", from a purely defensive point of view he is, there isn't many fullbacks in world football who get inbetwean man and ball as good as Enrique (and that's not an exageration). He isn't great from an attacking sence though, links up great with the winger and can take players on at will sometimes, but his delivery is largely hit & miss, despite the fact he looked like a young David Beckham against Blackburn a couple month back.

A left back isn't exactly just some expendable position you know, theres no reason why he shouldn't be paid any more/less due to the position you play.

Along with Tiote (EDIT: And possibly Ben Arfa) he's probably our most valuable asset, and we've seen on the other side of defence what it can be like to have a poor player slotting in at fullback. Should be withought doubt one of the top earners, if not THE top earner at the club imo.

I'm totally against breaking the wage cap for a left back like. It sets a very dangerous precedent with the rest of the squad and potential signings.

surely you've gotta be against breaking the wage cap for any position? picking and choosing positions defeats the point of a wage cap? no?

Guest WisconsinMagpie

Enrique is an over-dribbler. He also disappears mentally at times. He's quality but he isn't Baines, let's not get carried away. Enrique's not at that level of sophistication.

Just a little thing, but it would be great if he practiced free-kicks. Frustrating not having a single left footed set-piece taker at the club!

I don't think Barton lets anyone else take them. :lol:

thats why there isn't a wage cap as such but there are times when a player asks for an amount and the club has to say that they can't afford to pay that.

As if Leighton Baines is now held up as the standard. :lol:

He's a good player but come on.

This, exelent fullback but f***ing hell, he's like the 2nd coming of Fachetti on this forum

has anyone said anything like that, more making that enrique is that. baines has had a very good season, probably the best left back in the league this season, it's not hard to understand. enrique's not far off though.