José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

You're chatting s*** Mojorisin. Enrique was a good foot behind the line = his fault.

Saying that, if he was on the post (which I'm sure you'd agree is the orthodox place to stand) he probably wouldn't have even got his head on it.

i'll need to watch it again, from memory he wasn't that far away from either the line or the post but won't swear to nowt

as the forum agenda merchant i can pretty much guarantee you've got an ulterior motive in slagging the guy

tape measures aside compare that goal vs. the much famed dyer goal where he was standing in position on the post and watched the ball sail past him effortlessly

enrique was in a generic good position for a defender while perhaps not being perfect in any sense, the way the ball came in was a 1/10 situation and he shouldn't be blamed for it

I play leftback and imo he is far too far behind the line. Very poor first half. He wasn't the only one though, far from it.

Maybe you could replace him when he goes?

Doubt I could fit in the wage structure.

If Enrique was actually positioned on the post like he should have been, he would have had no chance at the ball, so the argument about whether his positioning behind the line was good or not is really moot if you insist on basing your argument on good defensive positioning.

If Enrique was actually positioned on the post like he should have been, he would have had no chance at the ball, so the argument about whether his positioning behind the line was good or not is really moot if you insist on basing your argument on good defensive positioning.

loads of fuss over nothing imo. the real issue is how bloody awful he was for the majority of the 90 mins

Guest neesy111

A good position would to be on the line and not 1-2 yards behind the goal-line for starters.  Then you could not question his attitude (unless you do what Dyer did v Barcelona obviously).

A good position would to be on the line and not 1-2 yards behind the goal-line for starters.  Then you could not question his attitude (unless you do what Dyer did v Barcelona obviously).

I'm not sure how the possibility that he might have been slightly out of position has anything to do with his attitude.

I'm not sure how the possibility that he might have been slightly out of position has anything to do with his attitude.

Good attitude - "Come on now Jose, hold position, nope not too far back, this could be dangerous"

Bad attitude - "Line? Fuck the line, I'm the juggernaut bitch, Jose doesn't get told what to do by no line!"

Guest neesy111

Careless / Not 100% focussed etc.  His body language to me has been dreadful for the last 2 months when he's played and then you get an incident & performance like yesterday then your going to question his attitude / state of mind.

For me I'd drop him for Ferguson for rest of the season if he was a transfer with another team done.

Good attitude - "Come on now Jose, hold position, nope not too far back, this could be dangerous"

Bad attitude - "Line? f*** the line, I'm the juggernaut bitch, Jose doesn't get told what to do by no line!"

:lol:

Guest neesy111

Bad attitude - "Line? Fuck the line, I'm the juggernaut bitch, Jose doesn't get told what to do by no line!"

Attitude was a incorrect word to use, should have said state of mind.  He isn't 100% focussed when he's played recently and a player is a liability when that is the case imo.

Careless / Not 100% focussed etc.  His body language to me has been dreadful for the last 2 months when he's played and then you get an incident & performance like yesterday then your going to question his attitude / state of mind.

For me I'd drop him for Ferguson for rest of the season if he was a transfer with another team done.

I've probably seen more of Enrique than you during the last 2 months and I haven't noticed anything other than a player who has good and not so good games.  We had virtually a full team out yesterday who played poorly, do they all want away?

Also, I'm sure he actually did clear a shot off the line during the game, what does that tell you?

I've probably seen more of Enrique than you during the last 2 months and I haven't noticed anything other than a player who has good and not so good games.  We had virtually a full team out yesterday who played poorly, do they all want away?

Also, I'm sure he actually did clear a shot off the line during the game, what does that tell you?

Aye. Stopped a pretty much certain goal about five/ten minutes later.

Aye. Stopped a pretty much certain goal about five/ten minutes later.

The stupid twat tried to knock it in but couldn't because he wasn't concentrating 100%, he was probably day dreaming about playing for another club at the time.

Guest neesy111

Watched more games than your so my opinion is far more worthy than anyone elses is a totally pathetic and makes you sound a fucking idiot superfan.

Anycase I've missed 1 match in the last 2 months which was the Man Utd match for what it's worth, I managed to see extended highlights today from yesterdays game.

Something since February has changed about him from the games I've seen and this points to the speculation about him moving clubs.

The main change I have noticed with Enrique is all these comments about his body language and not wanting to be here.

The body language changed noticably around the time the articles came out about him wanting to hold fire on a new contract until we are definitely safe.

Maybe he read them and made a concerted effort to amend his body language accordingly.

OR his body language hasn't changed but people are 'noticing' things they hadn't noticed when we were all under the impression he was here forever.

The main change I have noticed with Enrique is all these comments about his body language and not wanting to be here.

The body language changed noticably around the time the articles came out about him wanting to hold fire on a new contract until we are definitely safe.

Maybe he read them and made a concerted effort to amend his body language accordingly.

OR his body language hasn't changed but people are 'noticing' things they hadn't noticed when we were all under the impression he was here forever.

It's one of those things where someone says it then everyone else repeats it. For example, Leighton Baines' sudden rise to world class status on here.

Guest neesy111

He was class against Man U ;)

Yeah I know from what I read. 

It's open to debate on Enrique, I'm saying I feel his mind is somewhere else and some of his comments attribute to him being unhappy with the club on various matters.