José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

50m TV money MINIMUM (due to bigger deal than source) + 35m Carroll +4.0m Nolan = 89.0m

-4.5m Cabaye

Net 84.5m gain

Speculative analysis: Widely accepted a proportion of TV money goes towards wages and running costs as part of budget, lets say 30m to be generous considering wages were slashed

Speculative conclusion: 54.5m into Ashley's pocket as he recoups loans/initial debt-clearing investment as he looks to make NUFC a more attractive purchase for subsequent takeover while making Ashley profit in the process.

The opinion: Carroll money will never be seen again and will probably be used to pay more Sports Direct bonuses down the line after he sells up.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Me: hey mehdi... well played last night - you were really good

Medhi: thank you

Me: how is the group? lots of bad things being said after Jose's tweet

Medhi: good we are good . really no probleme

Me: that is good news. good luck against columbus.

:dontknow: Didn't ask any more, didn't wanna be a pest and assumed there'd be nothing else to get out of him.

I bet Pardew was standing right over his shoulder.

Nope but it proves that it's not unique to us and that you can improve the squad cheaply as well.

I think everybody knows that you can improve a squad a squad cheaply, that doesn't mean that we will.

Do you not think Simpson, Williamson, Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux & Ba has improved the squad cheaply?

HBA, Simo & Williamson were not signed in this window.

Out of the £35m I bet its about half a mill spent on players (not including wages) but surely wages should be covered by other club revenue?

He is taking the p*ss and lied to us again, yes we have done good business but does that mean its okay not to spend big money on quality too?

If the big quality (Gervinho? Gameiro?) are being signed by bigger/richer clubs, then there's not much we can do is there?

There's not a single player in the Premier League this summer I've seen join another club for big money that I think we could have signed, or would have been worth the money.

The thing that is starting to grate with me, and it appears to be with a number of others on this board, is what Skirge has alluded to are what appear to be downright lies being told by the owner and his hired representatives that a large chunk of the money made from selling Andy Carroll has been spent on agent fees for four players, the signing of three free transfer players, one player actually purchased and the wages for these four new additions and a pay rise for Chiek Tiote.  However most of the 'new' outgoings can be covered from the transfer fee from one player and the wages freed up from  transfers / releases from the club.

Over the past couple of weeks we've also seen the 'player x will be like a new transfer' being paraded around on this board as an excuse or rationale for the lack of transfer money being spent.

It is obvious that we have a number of 'players' at the club that need to be shipped out as fast as we can, but this is also being used as an excuse to not strenghten the squad.  If we do not stenghen the squad after receiving a windfall like the Andy Carroll money, I wonder what excuse will be used next year after the dead wood (all signed on large contracts under Ashley) have left the club and the anger from this summer has evaporated again.

50m TV money MINIMUM (due to bigger deal than source) + 35m Carroll +4.0m Nolan = 89.0m

-4.5m Cabaye

Net 84.5m gain

Speculative analysis: Widely accepted a proportion of TV money goes towards wages and running costs as part of budget, lets say 30m to be generous considering wages were slashed

Speculative conclusion: 54.5m into Ashley's pocket as he recoups loans/initial debt-clearing investment as he looks to make NUFC a more attractive purchase for subsequent takeover while making Ashley profit in the process.

The opinion: Carroll money will never be seen again and will probably be used to pay more Sports Direct bonuses down the line after he sells up.

Put the tin hat on mate, a load of bullets are coming your way. ;)

:dontknow: Didn't ask any more, didn't wanna be a pest and assumed there'd be nothing else to get out of him.

I bet Pardew was standing right over his shoulder.

:memelol:

While you had his attention you could've at least told him to give Jose a smack round the chops for being a cheeky twat.

-4.5m Cabaye

Net 84.5m gain

Are you honestly saying you think the club will have made £50m+ profit last season? :lol:

-4.5m Cabaye

Net 84.5m gain

Are you honestly saying you think the club will have made £50m+ profit last season? :lol:

He didn't say we made that much last season, the 50million is this seasons tv cash.

-4.5m Cabaye

Net 84.5m gain

He didn't say we made that much last season, the 50million is this seasons tv cash.

I'm saying the approximate capital available in the 'right here and now' moment.

-4.5m Cabaye

Net 84.5m gain

Don't you get paid TV money after the season based on how many times you featured, not at the beginning?

Regardless, there's is no way Mike Ashley will have made £50m from NUFC in the past season.

-4.5m Cabaye

Net 84.5m gain

Don't you get paid TV money after the season based on how many times you featured, not at the beginning?

Regardless, there's is no way Mike Ashley will have made £50m from NUFC in the past season.

Rather than just deny, care to bring your own figures to the table? Mine were generous in your favour in the wages paid from TV money, if you want to do it your way, then say the whole lot (50m+) has gone straight onto wages in addition to all the matchday revenue, merchandising, sponsorship then Ashley has simply put the 35m from Carroll in his pocket at this moment. Or as I think, a lot more.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/8658712/Jose-Enrique-launches-scathing-attack-on-Newcastle-Uniteds-transfer-policy.html

Jose Enrique launches scathing attack on Newcastle United's transfer policy

Jose Enrique has launched a stinging attack on his employers Newcastle United for the lack of ambition they have shown under owner Mike Ashley.

By Luke Edwards

9:41PM BST 24 Jul 2011

Enrique was offered a new contract by Newcastle United two months ago, but has refused to sign it and has made it clear he wants to leave this summer.

Jose Enrique launches scathing attack on Newcastle United's transfer policy

Disgruntled: Newcastle United manager desperately want to keep Spanish defender Jose Enrique at the club

But, having been prevented from speaking to the media since the close of the January transfer window, the former Villareal player used Twitter to air his grievances, insisting the club will never again challenge for honours because of the board's parsimonious approach.

"They don't want spend in the club and bring quality players, that's why everybody (wants to) go," said Enrique.

"The club has allowed all the major players in the team to leave, Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan etc. Seriously, do you think this is the fault of the players?

"This club will never fight again to be among the top six with this policy.

"They tell lies all the time. They have not offered me more money.

They have offered me the same money I am on now. But it is not about money.

"I think you fans are the best and you deserve the best, not what they are doing with the club. Thanks to everyone for supporting me."

Telegraph Sport understands Enrique, who is in America with Newcastle on a pre-season tour, was quickly summoned to a meeting with manager Alan Pardew, who is said to have been "furious" with the player.

Newcastle sources have indicated the player will face severe disciplinary action, although it remains to be seen whether it hastens his exit out of St James' Park.

Although Enrique, who has one year left on his contract, has made it clear he wants to go, Newcastle claim they have not received a bid, despite long-standing interest from Liverpool.

Enrique's comments, though, have stirred up resentment among some fans unhappy at the failure to re-invest all of the £35m they received from Liverpool for Carroll in January, in new players.

Managing Director Derek Llambias has publicly assured fans none of that money will leave the club, although their net spend on transfer fees this summer is just £500,000.

"But, having been prevented from speaking to the media since the close of the January transfer window"

This bit is total bollocks, prevented my arse, he just hasn't.

-4.5m Cabaye

Net 84.5m gain

Rather than just deny, care to bring your own figures to the table? Mine were generous in your favour in the wages paid from TV money, if you want to do it your way, then say the whole lot (50m+) has gone straight onto wages in addition to all the matchday revenue, merchandising, sponsorship then Ashley has simply put the 35m from Carroll in his pocket at this moment. Or as I think, a lot more.

TV money was £47m for last season.

Total expenses for our Championship season were £74.4m (and we operated at a loss of £22m). The expenses will have almost certainly gone up for last season.

I expect we'll have just about broke even before player trading.

We'll have made a substantial profit after the Carroll sale so far, yes, but no where near £50m.

-4.5m Cabaye

Net 84.5m gain

I thought you got the standard bit of cash at the start of the season, then got more depending on the number of appearances.

I think we should have had somewhere in the region of 40million to spend if the Carroll money was to be used on players + a tiny slice of tv money.

What would have happened if we hadn't sold Carroll? Ashley would have had to give some of the TV cash to the club to spend on new players, it's not unreasonable to expect some of that money to be used in this transfer window.

-4.5m Cabaye

Net 84.5m gain

I thought you got the standard bit of cash at the start of the season, then got more depending on the number of appearances.

I think we should have had somewhere in the region of 40million to spend if the Carroll money was to be used on players + a tiny slice of tv money.

What would have happened if we hadn't sold Carroll? Ashley would have had to give some of the TV cash to the club to spend on new players, it's not unreasonable to expect some of that money to be used in this transfer window.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's unreasonable to expect some money to be spent. But the £50m figure was plucked out of thin air.

-4.5m Cabaye

Net 84.5m gain

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's unreasonable to expect some money to be spent. But the £50m figure was plucked out of thin air.

Hardly. Add some figures in for the rest of the club's commercial income and you'll get a better picture.

-4.5m Cabaye

Net 84.5m gain

Hardly. Add some figures in for the rest of the club's commercial income and you'll get a better picture.

Just as there's extra expenses besides the wage bill.

Total expenses for our Championship season were £74.4m (and we operated at a loss of £22m). The expenses will have almost certainly gone up for last season.

We'll have made a substantial profit after the Carroll sale so far, yes, but no where near £50m.

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/55741334

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110330/newcastle-united-limited-accounts_2281670_2326465

Guest Heneage

Can you see Barca making a move for him VI? He seems to want CL football and I'd imagine international aspirations is he likely to be considered for LB?

Can you see Barca making a move for him VI? He seems to want CL football and I'd imagine international aspirations is he likely to be considered for LB?

We have been linked with him in the press a couple times this transfer window, but I think it's a tenuous link. It's true we are looking for a LB though.

-4.5m Cabaye

Net 84.5m gain

Just as there's extra expenses besides the wage bill.

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/55741334

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110330/newcastle-united-limited-accounts_2281670_2326465

According to the nufc.co.uk article it clearly shows that non-TV money accounts for more than 50% of the club's turnover. I don't see where these extra expenses are coming from, our wages this summer are lower than the previous summer which in turn were lower than the summer before that. I don't see Ashley as the man to be putting ongoing expenses onto the club at all. How many millions does it take to install undersoil heating?

50 million is a very optimistic figure, I don't think any fans really expected that amount to be spent though. I was hoping to see us strengthen more though, because with the loss of Nolan, and surely Enrique now we haven't really strengthened a great deal.

At the end of the day, when Pardew said reinvestment into the club, a lot of us took that to mean investment into buying new players. That's not been the case, with improvements to facilities, player wages and agent fees eating into the cash.