Swanky New RB - Too Much To Ask?

Shak

We've got the money to bring in the players we need so there shouldn't be any need to be using other players in positions where they are less effective, unless we have an injury crisis.

Having the money and getting the right player are different things.

We were linked with the Porto right-back Jose Bosingwa a little while back, and I think he could be a good addition. At 6ft he has the stature Sam wants in his defenders too. I would be happy if we brought him in, especially at the quoted price of £3 million.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Dragutinovic is set to go through?

I bet City will be prepared to offer much more and higher wages.

Guest optimistic nit

Dragutinovic is set to go through?

I bet City will be prepared to offer much more and higher wages.

i'm not sure tbh. We're not seeing stories like that about citeh. they are operating more proffessionally than the hammers imo.

If we really wanted to make a push for the CL places we'd buy not just a top quality right back but also splash out on a play making midfielder. We really would have an excellent squad then.

I was thinking along the same lines...We should go for Gudjohnsen even though he is not 100% fit yet...Not sure who to get for RB though...

Surely the last player Allardyce wants in will be either at RB or DM?

If Drago and Enrique join LB is basically sorted, plus we will have 4 first team CBs plus Ramage, Huntingdon and Edgar.

Just depends whether Sam thinks we need a DM dominator or a classy RB. Personally Id rather plum for the RB, giving Carr more direct competition and allowing Geremi and Solano back into the midfield.

DM can wait for a later point, Butt and possible Geremi, Smith and certainly Rozenhal can play there if needed.

Should we wrap up Drago, Enrique (baines) and a RB over the next week or so it will be interesting to see if our spending stops there, with two or three weeks left to possibly put the icing on the top of the squad cake.

Surely the last player Allardyce wants in will be either at RB or DM?

If Drago and Enrique join LB is basically sorted, plus we will have 4 first team CBs plus Ramage, Huntingdon and Edgar.

Just depends whether Sam thinks we need a DM dominator or a classy RB. Personally Id rather plum for the RB, giving Carr more direct competition and allowing Geremi and Solano back into the midfield.

DM can wait for a later point, Butt and possible Geremi, Smith and certainly Rozenhal can play there if needed.

Should we wrap up Drago, Enrique (baines) and a RB over the next week or so it will be interesting to see if our spending stops there, with two or three weeks left to possibly put the icing on the top of the squad cake.

I think if he gets himself a right-back then that would be it.

Newcastle scout was at AZ Vs Pools game other night to watch there RB Steinsson

In an interview the other week he said ideally he would have signed Distin and Ben Haim then only a LB and RB would be needed so there is hope

Guest Verlaine

We were linked with the Porto right-back Jose Bosingwa a little while back, and I think he could be a good addition. At 6ft he has the stature Sam wants in his defenders too. I would be happy if we brought him in, especially at the quoted price of £3 million.

Seen him play much then? Or just quoting from newspapers/other peoples' opinions again?