Toon Ultras

Guest Knightrider

Execellent effort although didnt they turn on thier own fans at one point though?

We were actually chanting to a bunch of 14 year old cock ends , who were throwing food , an water over other fans. If that is turning on other fans then , so be it.

Chill out mate, I couldnt really see what was going on just wondered why they started chanting at thier own fans, as I said before good effort.

i was right near them today and the lads who were singing at them were a bunch of charvers who had their tops off at a home match jumping about like a load of smackheads.

i think the toon ultras were class, all the songs were for the team, players and against sunderland what is belta. any1 who is against them is just forgetting what it is like to sing and enjoy yourself. i dont sit with them but i know my da enjoyed the match more because we sat with them.

the boring gits that dont want them or just against the fact that there own winges cant be heard over the top of their own support

the only thing i have against them the day was the songs they sang with a lot of swearing in them such as "get into them, fuck them up" as i think there was a lot of kids there today whos parents probs didnt want them to here all that, apart from that well done lads!

There was a comment made on Radio Newcastle by Mick Martin that gave a clue as to media perceptions. He noted the Sampdoria Ultra's flag and said something about troublemakers, the commentator responded with 'the lads who like a fight'.

The name Ultra's is always going to hold you back as it's associated with hooligans/violence etc., and as 1878 pointed out travelling in Europe with that name is likely to provoke way more trouble than you can handle in certain places.

A name change is required to progress with freedom, initially you don't drop the Ultra's tag, having it in brackets as 'formerly' or AKA, but eventually once people know the new name you should lose the old one.

Execellent effort although didnt they turn on thier own fans at one point though?

We were actually chanting to a bunch of 14 year old cock ends , who were throwing food , an water over other fans. If that is turning on other fans then , so be it.

I wouldn't dream of showing myself up infront of the ultras being 14  :angel:

Good luck for the upcoming season though,sit just around the corner and down from you ( West Corner ) and notice the effort that is generated  :thup:

Guest Glenn

Well done again lads (and lasses?). You made the atmosphere against Samp pretty good. Without you it would have been as flat as a fart! Smithy certainly heard and appreciated your vocal support!

As far as 'turning-on your own fans', I was in the Gallowgate End not too far away from you. I thought it was just banter, no different to the old days when the 'Corner' and the 'Scoreboard' used to take the mickey out of each-other when the game was boring, which it often was! Just need to be a bit carefull you don't annoy / alienate regular fans. Concentrate on supporting the team with songs (+ flags / banners). A bit of humour's fine but don't bother booing our own (nearly-ex) players. Was that you lot in the Juve game or just the usually-silent majority who only wake-up to be negative?

Anyway, for League games the atmosphere will probably be much better this season anyway, as long as the team don't screw things-up! I sense a general mood of hope and optimism with the new owner, chairman and manager + the new signings which all seem very promising.

P.S. ---- shouldn't the banner say 'Bring-ING Back The Noise' not just 'Bring Back The Noise'?

It was toe-curling some of it, sounded like the back seat of a school bus on their first big day out. Its alright bringing back noise but its not unconditional. The players need to deserve it. All sounded a bit false(tto).

It was toe-curling some of it, sounded like the back seat of a school bus on their first big day out. Its alright bringing back noise but its not unconditional. The players need to deserve it. All sounded a bit false(tto).

Fuck off man. I guess you would rather watch in silence?

Well done to the Toon Ultras. As highlighted by everyone else "Ultras" ain't what you should be associating yourself with IMO way too much negativity around that word.

Fuck off man. I guess you would rather watch in silence?

Well done to the Toon Ultras. As highlighted by everyone else "Ultras" ain't what you should be associating yourself with IMO way too much negativity around that word.

True,if you went to Italy or somewhere with a name like that you'd probably not come back.

Cant really think of another catchy name though really,but i will try and think  ;D

f*** off man. I guess you would rather watch in silence?

True,if you went to Italy or somewhere with a name like that you'd probably not come back.

Cant really think of another catchy name though really,but i will try and think  ;D

Everything I think off is cheesy. As far as I know though the Ultra's aint interested in changing their name.

Everything I think off is cheesy. As far as I know though the Ultra's aint interested in changing their name.

What are their reasons for not wanting to change? I presume they realise the negative connotations.

If you google Ultra Hooligan you get a link to Blog on the tyne BBTN btw.

What are their reasons for not wanting to change? I presume they realise the negative connotations.

I don't know like! I'm not part of it haha.

Ultras as a word also distances them from the non "Ultras" as its like saying their superior if that makes sense!

Good work bad name.

toon ultras is our name if people dont like it so f***! why should we change, if so called fans wont join us because we have ultras in our name then how sad are they?

The four core points of the ultra mentality are:

never stop singing or chanting during a match, no matter what the result

never sit down during a match

attend as many games as possible (home and away), regardless of cost or distance

loyalty to the stand in which the group is located

that sounds like us

Not sad, they just dont want to sound like a bellend.

Like said above, good work, bad name.

toon ultras is our name if people dont like it so f***! why should we change, if so called fans wont join us because we have ultras in our name then how sad are they?

attend as many games as possible (home and away), regardless of cost or distance

that sounds like us

Not sad, they just dont want to sound like a bellend.

Like said above, good work, bad name.

You wouldn't call yourself a word of similar vein like gestapo though would you? I think the name is insensitive.

toon ultras is our name if people dont like it so fuck! why should we change, if so called fans wont join us because we have ultras in our name then how sad are they?

that sounds like us

Jesus wept, who let you out?  :rolleyes:

Guest Knightrider

Now you see, it's this "fuck off", "so-called fans" and "either with us or against us" attitude that does TU no favours whatsoever. People on here could equally say, "ah well, fuck yous then, don't come to us when you want to pat yourselves on the back or need some ideas and opinions".