Centocampista creativo. È troppo da chiedere un midfielder creativo? New poll.

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1028640_bianchi_challenge_for_castillo

Bianchi challenge for Castillo

Chris Bailey

17/12/2007

Pocket Mexican rocket Castillo was in the crowd to watch his new team-mates come from behind to beat Bolton 4-2 at Eastlands.

The 23-year-old who only signed a five-year deal at Shakhtar Donetsk in the summer will join the Blues on a year-long loan. He will be eligible to play for the first time away at Newcastle United on New Year's Day.

Castillo has played only eight games in Ukraine after a near £16m summer transfer from Olympiacos where he spent seven years.

He has passed a medical and the move just has to be rubber-stamped by Shakhtar who will receive a loan fee from the Blues. However, Shakthar president Rinat Akhmetov insisted on his club's website that Castillo would cost five million euros on loan.

He said: "A one-year loan -- five million euros and there will be no options, meaning a right to buy (Castillo)," said Akhmetov, the country's richest man.

"If Castillo finds his game... then in a year we'll decide whether to take him back to Shakhtar or sell. And the price could be 20, or 30, or 40, or 50 million euros."

Castillo has already been looking for a flat in Manchester and his Greek wife and three-month-old baby have left Ukraine and gone back to Greece ready to move to England.

He's rubbish :whistle:

Shaktar reject.  :buck2:

I'm surprised Arshavin has so many admirers now given that noone mentioned him in the summer....

one reason - one match....

I think the main reason is the fact we've actually been linked with him tbh

If we could get Van der Vaart it would be fantastic. Exactly the player we need.

Agreed but we wony get him

You are probably right.

We need to find our Elano. A player that isnt that known and that can make a huge impact.  Aint gonna be easy..

Rather have Diego than Van der Vaart.

I think Diego is probably better but i think Van der Vaart would adapt better

Agree on that one. I see Diego as more of a risk.

But I havn't really seen enough of them to decide...

Well, Diego was able to adapt from the brazilian league to the bundesliga, so he can't be that much of a gamble.

To be honest, i actually dont think that having a class creative playmaker will make us any more creative. There isnt enough movement in the team for a "in the hole" creative midfielder to be effective in my opinion. I genuinely think that Emre could still be an important player for us. Its just the way that we play that stifles the effectiveness of creative players.

To be honest, i actually dont think that having a class creative playmaker will make us any more creative. There isnt enough movement in the team for a "in the hole" creative midfielder to be effective in my opinion. I genuinely think that Emre could still be an important player for us. Its just the way that we play that stifles the effectiveness of creative players.

:lol:

Not saying we dont need him, i  just dont think he will be overly effective with the way we're playing, whats the point having someone who can play the important balls into advacned dangerous positions when the players wont be there to recieve it. We dont have the output because the movement from our wingers is s***. Cant rememeber the last time i saw Milner or Zog or Smith run behind the full backs, into the dangerous positions. If we had Elano i genuinely dont think he'd be very effective for us.

Just my opinion

I know he's not in your super list parky but Castillo from Shakhtar i think has fell out with the club or something and is available for loan. Surely it could be worth getting him on loan?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid={DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=515342

Nery Castillo joins on year-long loan

18/12/2007 18:10

Manchester City can today reveal that a deal has been agreed to take Mexican star Nery Castillo on a year-long loan from Shakhtar Donetsk.

With the Ukrainian season now finished, the pacy 23-year-old was given permission to speak to City and the forward swiftly agreed to the move.

Shakhtar beat off a host of clubs from around Europe to capture him in a £15m deal in the summer from Olympiacos. City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson will see this signing as an important addition of quality to bolster his squad in the New Year.

His final season in Greece (2006/07) saw him bag 12 goals in 25 appearances, including three goals in six Champions League games. His four goals helped Mexico to the semi finals of last summer's Copa America.

City Chief Executive Alistair Mackintosh said: “Nery Castillo’s desire to make this deal happen has been extraordinary.

“He has made a significant financial contribution in order to complete this move by paying most of the loan fee himself. This proves how much he wants to play for Manchester City in the Premier League.

“We are excited and delighted that another young established international has joined the Football Club.”

The former Donetsk flyer will be eligible to play for the Blues from January and will wear the number 30 shirt.

Just pointing out this is now a done deal. Debut at SJP on the 2nd maybe.

£3.5m minus whatever the "most of" the £3.5m he's paying himself is.

Clearly no lover of Donetsk. I doubt many are.

I don't think its particularly hard to persuade a player who makes a living out in that part of the world that they'd be better off over here. (See Arshavin, A....altho he is local....or Carvalho, D....altho he just signed a new contract....or some other cunt thats only over there for the money)

£3.5m minus whatever the "most of" the £3.5m he's paying himself is.

Clearly no lover of Donetsk. I doubt many are.

I don't think its particularly hard to persuade a player who makes a living out in that part of the world that they'd be better off over here. (See Arshavin, A....altho he is local....or Carvalho, D....altho he just signed a new contract....or some other c*** thats only over there for the money)

I hope Sven doesnt think he is ready because from what i have seen of him he is a great player

Good signing you have got there DrSpectrum

Where will Sven play him?? He can play upfront and ACM??

We are crying out for a creative midfielder who can dictate some phases of the game when we are in posession. We have absolutely NO THINKERS in the side, it's all hustle bustle stuff and posession wasted with aimless balls.

The fact that Emre, the closest thing we have to a playmaker, has been demoted to an occasional substitute is a concern.

Is it possible Allardyce hasn't recognised the need for creativity in the middle at all?