The Official 07/08 Betting Thread (Ante post-August)

Jamie

They signed Luke Varney from Crewe, Chris Iwelumo from Colchester and Todorov from fuck-knows-where. Wigan I think.

Got a couple of City rejects in too, they'll be up there. Still got Andy Reid, Marcus Bent, Darren Ambrose...should do alright at that level.

might get my mam to put a £5 on man utd to win league

£1 on martins top goalscorer

£1 mackems to finish 19th if you can do this?

£1 on newcastle to win the carling cup

My tenner in betfair has finally got to the £50 mark, took about 6 months and a couple of good results on 20twenty finals day to get it there though!

Popped into the bookies after work, settled on ManU, Charlton, Forest, Lyon, Bayern, AC and Barcelona to win their respective leagues (806/1) and Citeh to win the handicap +39 at 15/1

seriously my as well put your money on chelsea to get relegated if your going to put it on keano getting the boot. The mackems could finish the season on 0 points and i doubt they'd sack him.

I put 1pound on sanchez, southgate and hutchings to get the boot. Not much because its for fun not profit, and because i really cant afford much more.

Athletico may finish 3rd, but its a classic case of somone improving and you putting a bet on, not because their going to win, but because their overated. In a league without real mad and barca i'd be tempted, but they've got fuck all chances of winning.

Put a bit on Bent to score over 12.5 and to outscore keane as well. Also put a pound on citeh and iirc pompey in the handicaps.

Thats me done.

hypothetically speaking:

Premiership: Man United

Championship: Sheff U (they'll fucking walk it imo)

League One: Swansea (why not, i know fuck all about league 1)

Ligue One: Lyon

Bundesliga: Bayern Munich

Eredivsie: Ajax

La Liga: Barca

Superliga: Porto

Serie A: AC Milan

Scottish Premier: Rangers

I personally don't think they are overrated.

Just have signed some good players and could spring a big suprise,thats all.

Especially with the inconsitancy of Barca and Real

Interested in this, but how much should I put on? A grand? Not doing it for £66.

you'll win £666 for a grand staked

i'll be taking £100 staked and see what i'm left with after the school hols,no doubt it'll be tighter odds by then.

Not a certainty by all means, but 7/1 for Marseille to win Le Championnat is inviting.

They've kept most of their players (apart from Ribery), and added some quality players for that league (Cisse & Zenden in particular). Lyon have lost Malouda...and gained Alain Perrin.

i'm looking to win regular small amounts betting on sunderland to lose (their odds will be better than derbys),anderlecht and nantes to win.

spurs at 6/5 on saturday is too good to turn down