Satisfied?

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Happy with signings but not the numbers, still need 2 DC's and a RB

How many CB's are you anticipating we'll need? :lol:

Enough to keep Ramage out the team.

Fair point, better get 3 more just in case.

One more would do though, 4 CB's should be enough.

I think Huntington and possibly Edgar will have moved ahead of Ramage in the pecking order at CB before long though, so not to worry.

As far as the players I know about go Smith, Viduka and Geremi I'm happy with.

I'm not happy with bringing in Barton who should have had his professional career ended when he attacked his team-mate. We were in too quickly for him, same as with Woodgate and Bowyer - 'damaged goods?', we'll take 'em. I assume Parker wanted to go, personally I don't think we're better or worse off on the pitch with that trade, but I'd sooner we weren't associated with that kind of mentality. Would rather have sold Parker and spent some of the money convincing Sidwell to come.

Of the players I don't know about we'll have to wait and see. Rozenhaal sounds to have done well so far, but I wouldn't rule out half a season of adjusting to the premiership in his future. Same for Cacapa, who I hope can do well, but changing leagues at 31 after a season out is going to be hard work. Enrique sounds like a good buy, but I know barely anything about him, still given his age and reputation I expect him to work out well.

All in all pretty happy, the squads a lot stronger, mostly I'm delighted at the players who have left. If the new lot have more professionalism and spirit I'll be delighted.

Peter Ramage actually reads this forum.

Poor bugger. :lol:

:laugh: I know. Someone has a siggy with a picture of him and 's***' scrawled over it. Always makes me laugh thinking how he will be seeing it quite often. Must do wonders for the confidence. :laugh:

Guest optimistic nit

Happy with signings but not the numbers, still need 2 DC's and a RB

How many CB's are you anticipating we'll need? :lol:

Enough to keep Ramage out the team.

Fair point, better get 3 more just in case.

One more would do though, 4 CB's should be enough.

I think Huntington and possibly Edgar will have moved ahead of Ramage in the pecking order at CB before long though, so not to worry.

we have 3 good enough for first team action, and then edgar and huntington. i'd rather these two were kept as 4th and 5th and not bumped back by signing another CB that isn't needed.

You can't sort out a squad in a single transfer window, but Sam has made a very good fist of it and has generally got value for his money.

I'm liking the look of our squad now, we have youth and experience in defence, midfield, and attack and options all over the place to change things around.

We could still do with one or two finishing touches, and we don't know how Roz, Cacapa and Enrique will turn out, but so far the signs are good and my initial concerns have died down. Hopefully if we can bring in the last two players Sam wants then we should be ready for whatever injuries/suspensions/fatigue etc the season throws at us. I'm a lot more optimistic than I was this time last year, simply because we have a bigger squad and a better manager.

Afhough its been slow progress for a while,i think we're almost there now and i feel more optimistic now than since Sir Bobby was here.It is so refreshing to have a manager who we can see has different gameplans to operate to,and has achieved so much in transfer terms in spite of all of the boardroom upheaval.I confidently predict a top 5 or 6 finish and with a bit of luck a smidgeon of silverware for us.

Guest Knightrider

Change is a difficult process, the biggest challenge is engendering the will to embrace it.

Oh the will is there, but is the patience? That's my biggest concern.

Peter Ramage actually reads this forum.

Poor bugger. :lol:

Was thinking the other day, what if Pattison reads? Every thread someone moans about him - no problem I suppose - but then there's a thread 'Is Pattison the worst player of the last five years?'. :lol:

Excellent window for Newcastle imho bearing in mind this is the first window for manager and owner alike with not a lot of time to really formulate a strategy.  In spite of that, done really well with the squad now needing fine tuning in the rest of this window/next window rather than continuing a major overhaul.

Be interesting to see how long it takes SA to get them to gel.

Guest Johan

The amount of shit written about players in here are incredible, ramage, taylor, edgar and the rest of them have had to step into the team with players like Carr, Baba, Bramble and Boumsong around them. With that in mind I think they have been doing pretty ok. Just have to hope that any player who read this forum feels "I´ll show those morons" or they are screwed:)

how can people say they arnt happy with who we have signed?

spent hardly no money, got rid of the shite from last season and had one of the best pre-seasons ive ever watched for the past few years

Just need some luck with injuries

Satisfied, but no doubt come January there will be a couple of areas that will need some urgent attention.

Bit nervous about the left back position still, putting a lot of pressure on a foreign youngster to perform each week.