Taylor in England squad.

James

Guest Toonie

McLaren is considering Bentley absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. He skips the U21 Euro Cup because he wants a holiday. Taylor plays immensely, scores a penalty whilst being injured, captains the squad and hes not going to be chosen for the senior squad. Ask yourself which player would you prefer to have on your team.

Guest Toonie

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12010_2663959,00.html

Newcastle midfielder James Milner will equal the record for England Under 21 caps if he plays against Romania next week - and he hopes to use his experience as a springboard to a senior call-up.

The 21-year-old is one cap short of Scott Carson's record and, with the goalkeeper now too old to take part for the Under 21s, Milner looks set to become the most capped England Under 21 star of all-time.

And, while Milner is happy with the achievement, he hopes it will lead to bigger things.

"It's great to represent your country at any level and to have as many caps as I have," he said.

"The aim for all of us in the Under 21s is to use it as a stepping stone to get in the full squad.

"If you do make it, it makes the transition that much easier."

England Under 21 boss Stuart Pearce will name his squad for Tuesday night's friendly this Thursday.

Put it this way if he wos playing for man u or chelsea he would have caps by now!He fully deserves to be in the squad,maybe not the team yet he has alot to learn especially his positional sense but hes a hell of alot better than Dawson!

Of course he'd have some caps by now if he was playing for two teams who's defense is rock solid. He's not. He's playing for a team with a reputation for not being able to defend well, which is why he hasn't been selected yet even though he's probably been the best of a bad bunch.

Still young though, and he'll learn and grow. I do see him eventually becoming an England regular.

McLaren is considering Bentley absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. He skips the U21 Euro Cup because he wants a holiday. Taylor plays immensely, scores a penalty whilst being injured, captains the squad and hes not going to be chosen for the senior squad. Ask yourself which player would you prefer to have on your team.

Well since Bently isn't a central defender I don't think it's a case of one or the other :thup:

Guest Toonie

yeah I know I am just making the point that there is an injury crisis in defense Taylor's loyalty/ commitment should be rewarded.

Guest teepee

i think he could do a decent job tbh - especially alongside a calm defender like rio

he'd probably get injured though :D

The Squad

Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur)

David James (Portsmouth)

Scott Carson (Aston Villa on loan)

Micah Richards (Manchester City)

Wes Brown (Manchester United)

Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United)

John Terry (Chelsea)

Ashley Cole (Chelsea)

Sol Campbell (Portsmouth)

Steven Taylor (Newcastle United)

Phil Neville (Everton)

Nicky Shorey (Reading)

David Beckham (LA Galaxy)

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Frank Lampard (Chelsea)

Joe Cole (Chelsea)

Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea)

Michael Carrick (Manchester United)

Gareth Barry (Aston Villa)

Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough)

Kieron Dyer (West Ham United)

Owen Hargreaves (Manchester United)

Alan Smith (Newcastle United)

Michael Owen (Newcastle United)

Peter Crouch (Liverpool)

Darren Bent (Tottenham Hotspur)

Andrew Johnson (Everton)

Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur)

.cock

GEORDIE defender Steven Taylor has been included in the senior England squad for the first time for next week's friendly with Germany.

The 21-year-old had been included in Stuart Pearce's Under-21 squad yesterday, but joins Magpie team-mates Michael Owen and Alan Smith in Steve McClaren's full squad for the match against the Germans at Wembley.

more to follow on nufc.co.uk.

This can either inspire him to get better or go straight to his head and him think he's 'made it' a la Jenas.

I think Allardyce will have to work hard to keep Taylor's feet on the ground if he gets a game.

Will be a good experience for him, although I think it's pretty unlikely he'll be on the pitch at any stage. Also good to show team mates that you don't need to play for one of the big 4/in London to get a call.

This can either inspire him to get better or go straight to his head and him think he's 'made it' a la Jenas.

I think Allardyce will have to work hard to keep Taylor's feet on the ground if he gets a game.

My thoughts exactly. He certainly doesn't come across as a shrinking violet.

This is hopefully why Allardyce gets paid what he does, though, should be a canny test for him.

cant believe he's in ahead of lescott, not complaining at all like as this can only be good for his development could understand if this was a run of the mill friendly but this is vital prep for our qualifiers and think lescott is far ahaed of taylor in terms of reliability for such an occasion in my humble opinion.

cant believe he's in ahead of lescott, not complaining at all like as this can only be good for his development could understand if this was a run of the mill friendly but this is vital prep for our qualifiers and think lescott is far ahaed of taylor in terms of reliability for such an occasion in my humble opinion.

He won't get on the pitch, just good to get him involved in the England senior setup.